RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NC Game: MSSt vs. Notre Dame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins the dance?
MSSt
47%
 47%  [ 19 ]
Notre Dame
52%
 52%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 40

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/03/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Probably thought any of the 3 other teams deserved the title more and so I am expecting being cussed out by a certain poster who has gotten away with it in earlier posts and is quite the representative of his team just like one of their players.

I assume you're referring to me. But I'm not going to say anything.

Your post says more about you than I ever have or ever could say. And it's not pretty.

Either you or me. I think the part where he mentions the ND players' physical appearance might make it me, since I've been critical of one UConn fan's comment about how ND players are "slow and chunky." His suggestions regarding that as the reason for the ACLs is particularly silly given that the players who were injured are the more athletic ones on the team.

The FT thing can easily be explained by style of play. ND drives more to the basket. That is why ND is ranked #8 in the NCAA in Free Throw attempts while UConn is, believe it or not, ranked #149!!! Don't take my word for it. Check it out:

https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/ranking_summary?academic_year=2018.0&division=1.0&game_high=N&org_id=164&ranking_period=137&sport_code=WBB&team_individual=T

Let it go, let it go....that post was just ridiculous.

It's like the person that tweeted at me in all caps because I congratulated Carol Owens (who I've known throughout the Big East years), that I should do my job and google Joe Vazily and Catholic...

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/03/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

It's like the person that tweeted at me in all caps because I congratulated Carol Owens (who I've known throughout the Big East years), that I should do my job and google Joe Vazily and Catholic...

Oh, you got a visit from the ALL CAPS ANTI-CATHOLIC TINHAT CONSPIRACY fairy too? I dared to point out to him that Vazily being a lousy ref is not related to his religion, as evidenced by his demonstrated incompetence in the Big East. Amazingly that seemed to banish him.

(now with spelling variations)
dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/03/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Oh, you got a visit from the ALL CAPS ANTI-CATHOLIC TINHAT CONSPIRACY fairy too? I dared to point out to him that Vazily being a lousy ref is not related to his religion, as evidenced by his demonstrated incompetence in the Big East. Amazingly that seemed to banish him.

Yeah, mute button has become my friend lately.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/03/18 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Probably thought any of the 3 other teams deserved the title more and so I am expecting being cussed out by a certain poster who has gotten away with it in earlier posts and is quite the representative of his team just like one of their players.

Your post says more about you than I ever have or ever could say. And it's not pretty.

Either you or me. I think the part where he mentions the ND players' physical appearance might make it me, since I've been critical of one UConn fan's comment about how ND players are "slow and chunky." His suggestions regarding that as the reason for the ACLs is particularly silly given that the players who were injured are the more athletic ones on the team.

The FT thing can easily be explained by style of play. ND drives more to the basket. That is why ND is ranked #8 in the NCAA in Free Throw attempts while UConn is, believe it or not, ranked #149!!! Don't take my word for it. Check it out:

https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/ranking_summary?academic_year=2018.0&division=1.0&game_high=N&org_id=164&ranking_period=137&sport_code=WBB&team_individual=T

I wasn't actually replying to the original poster. I was actually replying directly to Art, although I did add info countering the original poster. I was going to ignore it (the comments he made about player appearances definitely put it in the "troll" category), but then Art posted, so I figured I'd mention that I was probably the target.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 04/03/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

5 out of the 10 teams that lead the NCAA in FTA were in the SEC. Those teams mostly had teams that either primary post play based (Tenn, SC, Miss St.), or had players that drove to the basket (Tenn, Texas A&M,).

I will say that that I have never seen the Boneyard meltdown over a loss like this. I didn't know that Muffet and ND was inside of their head like this. I'm smiling over the fact they are from blaming the NCAA over Shepard, complaining about the refs, and the sour grapes over Stevens leaving.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/03/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a nice tweet from ND Alumna Devereaux Peters to the MSU seniors:

https://twitter.com/MsPeters14/status/980783236812025856

GEF34

PostPosted: 04/05/18 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
When Vic Schaefer was offered a head coaching job at a Power Five University he jumped on that opportunity. When Dawn Staley was offered a head coaching job at a Power Five University she jumped at that opportunity. I just would like to see some of the African-American women assistant coaches that helped develop these top four schools basketball programs get offered a head coaching job at one of the top conferences in the country.

Serious question how do you know they jumped at these opportunities and that these were the first opportunities at Power Five schools they were offered.

On another note, but related:
There are a lot of assistant coaches who just want to be assistant coaches for various reasons and there are also assistant coaches who have to be selective in jobs they consider because of family, spouses children, etc., and then there are other reasons like location, timing in their career, support from the university, athletic department, community that plays a role in whether a job is appealing to them or not.

During the Final Four espn posted an article and here is a quote from Louisville Associate Head Coach Stephanie Norman

"I would have made different decisions for my career had I been single and not had children than being married and having kids," said Norman, who has a son and daughter. "I've made other decisions because of that. Sometimes I get uncomfortable talking about it because I don't want to put my situation on anybody else's situation.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/06/18 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just realized a really funny coincidence between ND's two NCs.

In both cases ND had a senior wearing #33 playing the Final Four in her home state (Ivey in 2001, Westbeld in 2018).

I knew that both won the NC in their home state, but I forgot that they had both worn #33.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 04/07/18 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a week for Arike! What a season for ND!

http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/the-buzz/article/23049052/arike-ogunbowale-meets-kobe-bryant-ellen-degeneres-show?addata=espnw:womenbb:index

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/06/18 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was fun to re-read!

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/06/18 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
This was fun to re-read!

Yes indeed , i went back last night and Re-Read both this thread and the UCONN - ND . Just reliving those emotions were electric ! Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: