RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

NC Game: MSSt vs. Notre Dame
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins the dance?
MSSt
47%
 47%  [ 19 ]
Notre Dame
52%
 52%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 40

Author Message
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Probably thought any of the 3 other teams deserved the title more and so I am expecting being cussed out by a certain poster who has gotten away with it in earlier posts and is quite the representative of his team just like one of their players.


I assume you're referring to me. But I'm not going to say anything.

Your post says more about you than I ever have or ever could say. And it's not pretty.


Either you or me. I think the part where he mentions the ND players' physical appearance might make it me, since I've been critical of one UConn fan's comment about how ND players are "slow and chunky." His suggestions regarding that as the reason for the ACLs is particularly silly given that the players who were injured are the more athletic ones on the team.

The FT thing can easily be explained by style of play. ND drives more to the basket. That is why ND is ranked #8 in the NCAA in Free Throw attempts while UConn is, believe it or not, ranked #149!!! Don't take my word for it. Check it out:

https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/ranking_summary?academic_year=2018.0&division=1.0&game_high=N&org_id=164&ranking_period=137&sport_code=WBB&team_individual=T


Let it go, let it go....that post was just ridiculous.

It's like the person that tweeted at me in all caps because I congratulated Carol Owens (who I've known throughout the Big East years), that I should do my job and google Joe Vazily and Catholic...


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Let it go, let it go....that post was just ridiculous.

It's like the person that tweeted at me in all caps because I congratulated Carol Owens (who I've known throughout the Big East years), that I should do my job and google Joe Vazily and Catholic...


Oh, you got a visit from the ALL CAPS ANTI-CATHOLIC TINHAT CONSPIRACY fairy too? I dared to point out to him that Vazily being a lousy ref is not related to his religion, as evidenced by his demonstrated incompetence in the Big East. Amazingly that seemed to banish him.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Let it go, let it go....that post was just ridiculous.

It's like the person that tweeted at me in all caps because I congratulated Carol Owens (who I've known throughout the Big East years), that I should do my job and google Joe Vazily and Catholic...


Oh, you got a visit from the ALL CAPS ANTI-CATHOLIC TINHAT CONSPIRACY fairy too? I dared to point out to him that Vazily being a lousy ref is not related to his religion, as evidenced by his demonstrated incompetence in the Big East. Amazingly that seemed to banish him.


Yeah, mute button has become my friend lately.


CBiebel



Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 611
Location: PA


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/18 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Probably thought any of the 3 other teams deserved the title more and so I am expecting being cussed out by a certain poster who has gotten away with it in earlier posts and is quite the representative of his team just like one of their players.


I assume you're referring to me. But I'm not going to say anything.

Your post says more about you than I ever have or ever could say. And it's not pretty.


Either you or me. I think the part where he mentions the ND players' physical appearance might make it me, since I've been critical of one UConn fan's comment about how ND players are "slow and chunky." His suggestions regarding that as the reason for the ACLs is particularly silly given that the players who were injured are the more athletic ones on the team.

The FT thing can easily be explained by style of play. ND drives more to the basket. That is why ND is ranked #8 in the NCAA in Free Throw attempts while UConn is, believe it or not, ranked #149!!! Don't take my word for it. Check it out:

https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/ranking_summary?academic_year=2018.0&division=1.0&game_high=N&org_id=164&ranking_period=137&sport_code=WBB&team_individual=T


Let it go, let it go....that post was just ridiculous.

It's like the person that tweeted at me in all caps because I congratulated Carol Owens (who I've known throughout the Big East years), that I should do my job and google Joe Vazily and Catholic...


I wasn't actually replying to the original poster. I was actually replying directly to Art, although I did add info countering the original poster. I was going to ignore it (the comments he made about player appearances definitely put it in the "troll" category), but then Art posted, so I figured I'd mention that I was probably the target.


Davis4632



Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 353



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Probably thought any of the 3 other teams deserved the title more and so I am expecting being cussed out by a certain poster who has gotten away with it in earlier posts and is quite the representative of his team just like one of their players.


I assume you're referring to me. But I'm not going to say anything.

Your post says more about you than I ever have or ever could say. And it's not pretty.


Either you or me. I think the part where he mentions the ND players' physical appearance might make it me, since I've been critical of one UConn fan's comment about how ND players are "slow and chunky." His suggestions regarding that as the reason for the ACLs is particularly silly given that the players who were injured are the more athletic ones on the team.

The FT thing can easily be explained by style of play. ND drives more to the basket. That is why ND is ranked #8 in the NCAA in Free Throw attempts while UConn is, believe it or not, ranked #149!!! Don't take my word for it. Check it out:

https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/ranking_summary?academic_year=2018.0&division=1.0&game_high=N&org_id=164&ranking_period=137&sport_code=WBB&team_individual=T


5 out of the 10 teams that lead the NCAA in FTA were in the SEC. Those teams mostly had teams that either primary post play based (Tenn, SC, Miss St.), or had players that drove to the basket (Tenn, Texas A&M,).

I will say that that I have never seen the Boneyard meltdown over a loss like this. I didn't know that Muffet and ND was inside of their head like this. I'm smiling over the fact they are from blaming the NCAA over Shepard, complaining about the refs, and the sour grapes over Stevens leaving.


CBiebel



Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 611
Location: PA


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a nice tweet from ND Alumna Devereaux Peters to the MSU seniors:

https://twitter.com/MsPeters14/status/980783236812025856


GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 13637
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
When Vic Schaefer was offered a head coaching job at a Power Five University he jumped on that opportunity. When Dawn Staley was offered a head coaching job at a Power Five University she jumped at that opportunity. I just would like to see some of the African-American women assistant coaches that helped develop these top four schools basketball programs get offered a head coaching job at one of the top conferences in the country.


Serious question how do you know they jumped at these opportunities and that these were the first opportunities at Power Five schools they were offered.

On another note, but related:
There are a lot of assistant coaches who just want to be assistant coaches for various reasons and there are also assistant coaches who have to be selective in jobs they consider because of family, spouses children, etc., and then there are other reasons like location, timing in their career, support from the university, athletic department, community that plays a role in whether a job is appealing to them or not.

During the Final Four espn posted an article and here is a quote from Louisville Associate Head Coach Stephanie Norman

"I would have made different decisions for my career had I been single and not had children than being married and having kids," said Norman, who has a son and daughter. "I've made other decisions because of that. Sometimes I get uncomfortable talking about it because I don't want to put my situation on anybody else's situation.



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
CBiebel



Joined: 23 Dec 2004
Posts: 611
Location: PA


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/06/18 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just realized a really funny coincidence between ND's two NCs.

In both cases ND had a senior wearing #33 playing the Final Four in her home state (Ivey in 2001, Westbeld in 2018).

I knew that both won the NC in their home state, but I forgot that they had both worn #33.


WfanFrJmp



Joined: 24 May 2016
Posts: 712



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/07/18 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a week for Arike! What a season for ND!

http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/the-buzz/article/23049052/arike-ogunbowale-meets-kobe-bryant-ellen-degeneres-show?addata=espnw:womenbb:index


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin