RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mabrey of UND the worst..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/27/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/27/18 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you're an ND coach or player, you try to settle Mabrey down when she becomes temperamental. If you're an opponent you try to find an advantage to her temperament. It's all part of the game and Mabrey's actions are within the rules most of the time. When they are not, she's penalized.

shontay33

PostPosted: 03/27/18 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So if a player shows that they disagree with a call, or anything else they have an attitude? I can understand if it was a situation where they got into a shouting match with their coach or was a ball hog. But to say that a player has a bad attitude is ridiculous! Especially when we don't know them personally. A player should have a right to express themselves at the college basketball level. They are young adults not little kids. If Mabrey was that bad, she would get technical fouls called on here every game.Each player on a a team should have confidence in their abilities.

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/27/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mabrey is one of those players you love on your team and hate on others ...

More about the perception than the reality ...

PostPosted: 03/27/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
She's doing really well for a converted PG. In the NCAAs, she's had 26 assists to 7 TOs, that an A/TO of 3.7.

How’s she doing all season long?

For the whole season she 163 assists to 103 TO (1.6 A/TO). However, for the start of the season she wasn't as much of a PG because Thompson would be PG when she was playing.

Since Thompson went down with her ACL injury, Mabrey has had 116 assists to 66 TOs (1.8 A/TO).

Since the UT game (which was considered a turning point for the team) she's had 86 assists to 42 TOs (2.0 A/TO).

In the ACCT she had 16 assists to 4 TOs (4.0 A/TO).

So you can see the improvement as she's become more comfortable with the role.

And while you can't necessarily point to a pair of games as an absolute example, given the variables game to game, in the debacle game at Louisville, she had 3 assists and 7 turnovers, while in the ACCT against UL, she had 5 assists to 2 turnovers.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 03/27/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She IS the coach on the floor:

https://twitter.com/Swish401k/status/978765643943116800

tfan

PostPosted: 04/04/18 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p1eHRmkPA-Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SDHoops

PostPosted: 04/04/18 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p1eHRmkPA-Q" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still annoying, can't stand her.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/04/18 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Still annoying, can't stand her.

Methinks those words might apply elsewhere as well.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
She IS the coach on the floor:

https://twitter.com/Swish401k/status/978765643943116800

Actually NO. If you were at the game you would see the interaction of her yelling at her teammates and them rolling their eyes, looked to me that they don't like her and that is what I was told by the players who left

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
If you're an ND coach or player, you try to settle Mabrey down when she becomes temperamental. If you're an opponent you try to find an advantage to her temperament. It's all part of the game and Mabrey's actions are within the rules most of the time. When they are not, she's penalized.

Not in this FF, she was cussing at the ref to his face and he didn't have the balls to T her up and that was one of many instances where the refs looked the other way.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Not in this FF, she was cussing at the ref to his face and he didn't have the balls to T her up and that was one of many instances where the refs looked the other way.

LOL. Man, the butthurt is strong all over this forum.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Over one player, you are joking right. Sure I was rooting for Miss St as I had no dog in these fights and who wouldn't, Vic is a good guy, no whining, no excuses, and his team played the right way. He definitely didn't have one player like that who I wouldn't pay to watch. The refs did the dirty on some really nice players and a nice coach who played the game of basketball the right way.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well I'm clearly not an ND fan, but some of these posts are over the top IMO. I like Vic a lot, however, let's not forget they were up 5 with about a minute to go, gave up a wide open '3', TM missed a wide open layup and then they failed to foul (with one to give) at the end of the game. I wanted MSU to win the game but they really hurt themselves a ton down the stretch.

I will say there should have been a foul called on ND at half court prior to TM committing her 5th foul. That was a blown call by the refs but clearly there were a lot of other things that led to the ND win.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/04/18 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You could say that about the other team also but the refs can't help them out when Miss St had a big possession, the swing for that blatant missed call was too huge of an event.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 04/04/18 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
You could say that about the other team also but the refs can't help them out when Miss St had a big possession, the swing for that blatant missed call was too huge of an event.

So that missed call is the reason MSU lost? Also, I love the use of the word "blatant" lol.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 04/04/18 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

So that missed call is the reason MSU lost? Also, I love the use of the word "blatant" lol.

I love how the haters like to ignore:

(1) if games were called perfectly, Miss St would have lost on Friday

(2) with 6 minutes left in the third Q, Miss St had a FIFTEEN point lead. When the Q ended, the game was tied. That giant 360 second choke job (a 16-1 ND run) is where this game was decided. Largest comeback ever in a women's title game, and it was entirely compressed into six minutes.

That said, there was nothing wrong with the no-call on that scramble for the ball. Indeed, it was far far far less "blatant" than the no call on McCowan vs Louisville.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/04/18 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Yeah I like that word hehe. IMO the call did affect the game.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/04/18 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Getting back to Mabrey, you have to love this tweet:

https://twitter.com/mmabrey1/status/980802045195313154

To all the male women’s basketball haters, y’all can get in the kitchen and make us a sandwich now, thanks. ☘️☘️☘️

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/04/18 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about they make her 9 apple turnovers.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 04/04/18 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Getting back to Mabrey, you have to love this tweet:

https://twitter.com/mmabrey1/status/980802045195313154

To all the male women’s basketball haters, y’all can get in the kitchen and make us a sandwich now, thanks. ☘️☘️☘️

She definitely has that grit and edge that the ND teams during the Diggins era possessed.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/04/18 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There may be some interesting reasons why little sis Dara decided on Va Tech instead of ND. But your guess is as good as mine.

PostPosted: 04/04/18 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't insult Diggins, she actually played the game well and the right way.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/04/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
How about they make her 9 apple turnovers.

Seriously.

There's been more jaw yapping from her after a, let's say, fortunate run through this year's FF, than was heard out of UConn players after 4 straight NCs.

Jersey Shaw class, I guess.

PostPosted: 04/04/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Don't insult Diggins, she actually played the game well and the right way.

Apparently you didn't pay attention to UConn fan comments when she was playing at ND... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: