RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Final Four Notre Dame vs UConn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/31/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
They were thinking, 'oh shit, now we have to go re-write our whole script before the Sunday game.' Very Happy

I thought about that too. I wonder how much had already been done before the game? Stats, graphics, anecdotes gathered. Smile

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/31/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03/31/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GOAT???

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/01/18 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
They were thinking, 'oh shit, now we have to go re-write our whole script before the Sunday game.' Very Happy

Bingooooo ....They've been highlighting UCONN all season and too see them go down for a 2nd yr in a row was not apart of the broadcast for sunday. Lawson has secretly become a UCONN homer. You would never think she was a LV alumni .

PostPosted: 04/01/18 8:38 am    ::: Re: Reaction at the broadcast table in the final seconds of Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
ciel wrote:
ESPN Senior Publicist, Anna Negron on Twitter: a look at the reaction from @RebeccaLobo, @karalawson20 and @adamamin at the broadcast table in the final seconds of the UConn-Notre Dame game…

https://twitter.com/ItsAnnaNegron/status/980129373448699904

Could anyone read Kara's lips and what she said to him when she gave him the thumbs up?

According to Deadspin, "Kara mouths 'hell of a call' to Amin as he sags into her shoulder, overcome."

A few days ago in The Athletic, Richard Deitsch had a feature on Adam Amin, and his path to the Final Four in Columbus.

https://theathletic.com/291867/

--
ciel

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/01/18 3:10 pm    ::: Re: Reaction at the broadcast table in the final seconds of Reply Reply with quote

ciel wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
ciel wrote:
ESPN Senior Publicist, Anna Negron on Twitter: a look at the reaction from @RebeccaLobo, @karalawson20 and @adamamin at the broadcast table in the final seconds of the UConn-Notre Dame game…

https://twitter.com/ItsAnnaNegron/status/980129373448699904

Could anyone read Kara's lips and what she said to him when she gave him the thumbs up?

According to Deadspin, "Kara mouths 'hell of a call' to Amin as he sags into her shoulder, overcome."

A few days ago in The Athletic, Richard Deitsch had a feature on Adam Amin, and his path to the Final Four in Columbus.

https://theathletic.com/291867/

--
ciel

nice article. And yes, I thought he did a great job.

- Amanda Gorman
CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/03/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
Yessssss! 2 years in a row. Laughing

In the spirit of Biebelstats, the last time UConn lost in the semis two years in a row they won the next 4 in a row.
Very Happy

Interestingly enough, that was the only time UConn had lost back to back previously in the Final Four.

The other times UConn lost consecutive years without a title, at least one of the losses was before the Final Four:

1989 First Round
1990 "Second" Round (I think they had a bye)
1991 Final Four
1992 Second Round
1993 First Round
1994 Elite Eight

1996: Final Four
1997: Elite Eight
1998: Elite Eight
1999: Sweet Sixteen

2005: Sweet Sixteen
2006:Elite Eight
2007: Elite Eight
2008: Final Four

2011:Final Four
2012: Final Four

2017: Final Four
2018: Final Four

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/03/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
linkster wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
Yessssss! 2 years in a row. Laughing

In the spirit of Biebelstats, the last time UConn lost in the semis two years in a row they won the next 4 in a row.
Very Happy

classic

At one time I was thinking of doing a regular "Bizarre, obscure stat of the game" where I'd come of with some really out there stat like "every time these teams met on an odd numbered day in February" kind of thing as a joke, but then figured it'd be too much work.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/03/18 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:

Oh piss, your little USD team can't even win in the Summit League tourney so quiet. As per Huskers, it makes a difference when you get rid of a diva like Shepard. They were glad to get rid of her! I'll give Muffett this much, she actually got the lazy beast playing some what hard

So this is what UT fans felt like in 1993-94, except ND won the NC this year. Wink

CBiebel

PostPosted: 04/03/18 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
It is not my responsibility to police other's comments. It is my responsibility to comport myself with as much dignity as possible which I have done tonight, showing Notre Dame the respect it deserves as the better team. Do your team right, C.

Wait, if it's not your responsibility to police other's comments, then why did you police mine?

So basically, you are saying that if a UConn fan says something that's bad, you shouldn't be responsible for that, but if a fan of another team does, then it's okay?

Sorry, but that doesn't fly. You are only attacking fans of other teams for bad behavior? Before you can do that, you should police your own, or just not attack fans of other programs for their opinions.
No, C it was directed at you not to attack you if you can not see the difference. just saying it is better to take the high road. Never intended as a rebuke but to say your team won kudos to them, leave the Boneyard out of it as they are not worth mentioning as it only obscures a great ND victory. Just go with the celebration and to hell with them. Enjoy C.

Okay, thanks. FWIW, I'd had quite a few "Blacksmiths" (same as a black and tan, but with Smithwicks instead of Bass Ale) that night. That with ND winning, and trying to prep a turkey that wasn't quite thawed yet, well I was a little wound up... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: