RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

How much of the 2018 NC game did you watch?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much of the 2018 NC game did you watch?
All of it
66%
 66%  [ 50 ]
Some of it
26%
 26%  [ 20 ]
None of it
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 75

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/01/18 9:59 pm    ::: How much of the 2018 NC game did you watch? Reply Reply with quote

This is the third year I've run this poll. I'll post comparative results in a week or so.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/02/18 3:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last time a final four and national championship was this entertaining was 2008. Yes way back when Parker and Fowles was playing college ball.

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

None, guess NC's can be bought Rolling Eyes

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/02/18 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched all of the game (and the Final Four contests).
I'll view the replay and trophy presentation later today. Thank you ESPN3.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/02/18 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of the Final Four.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/02/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't watch any of the final, because I was in the middle of a four-hour drive home from Easter with my family. I checked the score pretty constantly though.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/02/18 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of the Final Four. This was possibly the best Final Four in YEARS.

PostPosted: 04/02/18 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm in the process of moving so I was checking the scores as I was driving down the highway. Will have to catch the replay because all three games were excellent.

Brinx

PostPosted: 04/02/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of the final four. Very entertaining games and a crazy exciting finish.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most of it. It's hard to go to the neighbor's for an invited Easter dinner and say, "I'm done now. Let's turn on the TV!"

bballgrl

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched all 4 games but was very disappointed with the outcome of the Title game! Felt so bad for Miss State because they had that game up to the last few seconds. Heartbreaker.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
I watched all 4 games but was very disappointed with the outcome of the Title game! Felt so bad for Miss State because they had that game up to the last few seconds. Heartbreaker.

There were four games?

PostPosted: 04/02/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

There were four games?

Shocked Shocked Thought i was the only one missing something here !

PostPosted: 04/02/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

There were four games?

I demand they change the name of the Final Four to the Final Three, because I have no idea how it can be called the Final Four when there are three games, which would end the confusion.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 04/02/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched the second semi final and the championship game live. I couldn’t watch the first one because of church, but I did watch a replay on my phone. Although I have always like to Notre Dame, I also like Mississippi State. I was cheering for all of Notre Dame except for Jessica Shepherd because she cheated the process to get eligible this year. There were many girls that were as deserving or WAY more deserving of a waiver that did not get one because they didn’t have a high-priced lawyer like she did....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
I watched the second semi final and the championship game live. I couldn’t watch the first one because of church, but I did watch a replay on my phone. Although I have always like to Notre Dame, I also like Mississippi State. I was cheering for all of Notre Dame except for Jessica Shepherd because she cheated the process to get eligible this year. There were many girls that were as deserving or WAY more deserving of a waiver that did not get one because they didn’t have a high-priced lawyer like she did....

Its over , shes a champion. Wont change ever , so no point on making this relevant . They're not going to say she was an import strip her title away or she does not get a ring because she transferred Laughing

PostPosted: 04/02/18 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched all, because it's the last of WCBB until later this year.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 04/02/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

There were four games?

OPPS, my bad, I mean all 4 teams. Give me a break I am still in shock!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/02/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

There were four games?

OPPS, my bad, I mean all 4 teams. Give me a break I am still in shock!

It could be interesting to see a fourth game between the other two to determine a 3rd and 4th place team.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
xcept for Jessica Shepherd because she cheated the process to get eligible this year. There were many girls that were as deserving or WAY more deserving of a waiver that did not get one because they didn’t have a high-priced lawyer like she did....

I've seen a couple of rumors about this lawyer (since I've so far seen nothing to back up the claim, I'm going with rumor). Is there anything, anywhere that states for a fact that she/her parents did hire one?

And so what if she did get a lawyer? That doesn't mean that she cheated. Rolling Eyes

The NCAA has a waiver process that is accessible to everyone. If a player/coach doesn't take advantage of it, that's not on Jessica Shepherd. If the NCAA decides something different for another player requesting a waiver than they did for Jessica, that's also not on Jessica.

I'd venture to say that NO ONE here knows what information was presented in her request, or how it was presented, to the NCAA that they used to determine her immediately eligibility. All of this pettiness is Rolling Eyes .

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:
xcept for Jessica Shepherd because she cheated the process to get eligible this year. There were many girls that were as deserving or WAY more deserving of a waiver that did not get one because they didn’t have a high-priced lawyer like she did....

I've seen a couple of rumors about this lawyer (since I've so far seen nothing to back up the claim, I'm going with rumor). Is there anything, anywhere that states for a fact that she/her parents did hire one?

And so what if she did get a lawyer? That doesn't mean that she cheated. Rolling Eyes

The NCAA has a waiver process that is accessible to everyone. If a player/coach doesn't take advantage of it, that's not on Jessica Shepherd. If the NCAA decides something different for another player requesting a waiver than they did for Jessica, that's also not on Jessica.

I'd venture to say that NO ONE here knows what information was presented in her request, or how it was presented, to the NCAA that they used to determine her immediately eligibility. All of this pettiness is Rolling Eyes .

PREAAAACHHHH Idea Idea Idea

PostPosted: 04/02/18 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:

Co. Fucking. Signed.

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/02/18 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone’s whining about Shepard, but there’s a couple of things they may not be considering. First of all, she’s not the only high-profile player who transferred and got to play right away (also with a lawyer in the picture, although maybe not so prominently). Chatrice White got to play immediately for Florida State. Of course that doesn’t count because they didn’t make it to the FF so people stopped being snarky about her. Get over it already.

My personal opinion is that Shepard is a cow and McGraw managed to turn her into a damn decent player. However, there is no reason whatsoever to believe that B1G COY Amy Williams couldn’t have done the same thing. The only difference is that at Notre Dame she is surrounded by better players.

PostPosted: 04/02/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:

And I suppose you've seen every one of the applications and are in full command of all information necessary to determine that "There were many girls that were as deserving or WAY more deserving of a waiver that did not get one ".

Go ahead, give us a complete list, name by name, of every player "WAY more deserving", and for each one provide a full explanation of exactly WHY they are "WAY more deserving". If you can't do that, I suggest you just drop the subject. Either that or get a job in the White House press office. They like people there who just make up shit.

It's just pathetic some of the totally ignorant trash that's been spouted here about Shepard.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/02/18 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We don't have any idea if expert lawyering got Shepard the waiver. It also could have been a payoff - lawyers like her father are also quite rich.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: