RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Final Four Louisville vs Miss St
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
myrtle wrote:
If she gets 20 rebounds against UConn, Geno will have a heart attack.

Yeah, she won't come close to that.

She wont need to. I can def see 20 rebs against ND though.

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bump

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 03/30/18 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
stever wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Big T is simply unstoppable. Im sorry her case for #1 is legit!

How would you compare her to Fowles after 3 years at LSU?

no where near fowles level IMO

I completely agree. Not even close.

Not.really a good comparison. Shes bigger than fowles id rather compare her to similar impact players in ways they effect the game. BG and Liz Cambage come to mind. She could be the answer to defending players of that calibur at the next level.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to MSU.

Have to feel for Louisville. The Officials took the game away from Louisville twice in regulation. First the very unnecessary technical foul called and then the no-call on the egregious foul on the last play in regulation. Horrible officiating at the expense of Louisville to make a trip to the Championship game.

Geno out-coached again. ND upsets UConn and advances to the Championship game. Congratulations to ND.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/31/18 2:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
coffy73 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Big T is simply unstoppable. Im sorry her case for #1 is legit!

Yeah, that generally happens when refs let you run wild for most of the game. If they had called real fouls on her, she would've fouled out long ago!

She got away with a lot tonight. It's surprising. People always complain that the refs screw the bigs, but tonight they really favored her.

....and then there's bitching if it gets too *ticky-tacky*. Folks, McCowan got hammered much more than she hammered anybody

RavenDog wrote:
Congratulations to MSU.

Have to feel for Louisville. The Officials took the game away from Louisville twice in regulation. First the very unnecessary technical foul called and then the no-call on the egregious foul on the last play in regulation. Horrible officiating at the expense of Louisville to make a trip to the Championship game.

Geno out-coached again. ND upsets UConn and advances to the Championship game. Congratulations to ND.

Nonononooo...."Horrible Officiating" is what Louisville benefitted from those years back, when they took Griner's Baylor out of the semi-final. Jeff can tell ya...karma is a Biotch, and she pinched his ass tonight. Tonight's officiating was nowhere near as bad as that game.

There were certainly suspect calls in both games, mutually screwing/benefitting all teams involved.

THE GOOD NEWS: Exciting games for us fans. THE BEST NEWS: UConn isn't in the final. Again. Cool

PostPosted: 03/31/18 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Referees are human. They are not perfect and they will make mistakes. Imperfections and mistakes are a part of every sport just like injuries. We as fans should not get upset or angry at them. It is up to players and coaches to execute and play well enough so that the referees do not determine the outcome of the game. Anyone expecting to witness perfection should read the Holy Scriptures and get closer GOD. He is model of perfection.

PostPosted: 03/31/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Referees are human. They are not perfect and they will make mistakes. Imperfections and mistakes are a part of every sport just like injuries. We as fans should not get upset or angry at them. It is up to players and coaches to execute and play well enough so that the referees do not determine the outcome of the game. Anyone expecting to witness perfection should read the Holy Scriptures and get closer GOD. He is model of perfection.

X2

Refs didn't win this game for anyone. LVille lost by going scorless for the first 4 min of overtime.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/31/18 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

Still doesn't take away the facts that the unnecessary technical call and the no-call cost Louisville a chance to play in Championship game. Strictly facts Father. Strictly facts...

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/31/18 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Still doesn't take away the facts that the unnecessary technical call and the no-call cost Louisville a chance to play in Championship game. Strictly facts Father. Strictly facts...

I know that Lisa is one ref that won't take that kind of display from a player and will call the tech. She's not a favorite of mine for reasons I won't go into here, but she made the correct call. I was calling it right along with her!!

Now the call at the end of the game, I haven't watched that one yet. I think I was reading/typing a message when that happened and haven't gone back to watch it.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
blaase22

PostPosted: 03/31/18 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Still doesn't take away that louisville had plenty of chances and pissed them away.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/31/18 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I don't think I have ever seen a game where the little tantrum she threw wouldn't have been called a technical. Just think, if she could have controlled herself, Louisville is probably playing a team they have beaten twice for a change to win the championship.

I feel for her, but it is a lesson every player needs to learn. Keep your cool.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/01/18 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I find it difficult to blame a specific call for the outcome of either game when the officiating was consistently bad, for all teams, for 90 minutes on Friday night.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: