RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Final Four Notre Dame vs UConn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRballer

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh the irony that Geno needs a Duke player to win a national championship.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last 2 *close* games that UConn played, they lost. Their conference is not doing them any favors in preparing them for it.

Edit: I forgot a very important word.

Last edited by PickledGinger on 03/30/18 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Queenie

SDHoops wrote:
ND better thank Daddy Shepard's lawyer for the semifinal win by getting drama diva eligible for this season. Surprised she actually lasted a whole game since she begged for subs at UNL. Muffett is the biggest snake ever for getting a waiver..congrats Miss State on your national championship on Sunday! No way they'll let these sellouts from ND win

Do I need to post an Elsa GIF? LET IT GO, LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOO

(now with spelling variations)
mikeyc22

Also don’t think Geno roller with Stevens enough, she is better than Collier and Nurse in this matchup.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
ND better thank Daddy Shepard's lawyer for the semifinal win by getting drama diva eligible for this season. Surprised she actually lasted a whole game since she begged for subs at UNL. Muffett is the biggest snake ever for getting a waiver..congrats Miss State on your national championship on Sunday! No way they'll let these sellouts from ND win

Since I know very little about basketball, I still want to know how Nebraska went from 3-13 to 11-5 this year after losing Shephard, or did Shephard only become good enough to help her team win games this year?

Edit: We all know Notre Dame won this game because I picked Notre Dame to lose in the second round because I'm a hater. Very Happy

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
Yessssss! 2 years in a row. Laughing

In the spirit of Biebelstats, the last time UConn lost in the semis two years in a row they won the next 4 in a row.
Very Happy

classic

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haha YAY! I love it!

Buhhhhh bye.

Jk, much respect to UConn but oh y'all win every year, how nice this is.

elsie

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

heck of a game...

re the transfers: we had a player, dissatisfied where she was at, leave her school after the bb season had started well before Christmas...she transferred....not only was she not able to play that year, she was not able to play for a full season after that....

it pays to be king and get these favorable rulings...

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:

Since I know very little about basketball

You finally got one thing right.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The difference was UCONN did not have that break you down create your own shot player like Arike & Jackie tonight. Congrats on a great Career Kia & Gabby.

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Some stat stuff from Her Hoop Stats:

We shouldn't see UConn win with a big volume of free throws, because they are #316 (Bottom 10%) in Free Throw Rate with 0.24 free throw attempts per field goal attempt.

UConn was 4-6 on FT's while ND was 19-23. This was because UConn only rarely could penetrate ND's half court perimeter defense while ND constantly shredded UConn's with aggressive drives and post-to-post paint passes.

Because Geno rarely recruits players w/ that ability. Must not his meet his high standards.

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats Art and all the ND fans on that win. Incredible.

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is as simple as this: UCONN got beat by a better team, got out coached, got out hustled, got out played. Congratulations to the better team - Notre Dame. Nurse 4 -13, Dangerfield 3-11.

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Well duh. Razz I've been too lazy to ever figure out in my entire life how the game of basketball is actually played.

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 03/30/18 11:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here's hoping the team that beat uconn in OT by 2 tonight suffers the same fate as the last team to beat them in OT by 2. Cool

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why does the #1 recruit in the country Megan Walker ride the bench and not even play in this game??

coffy73

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
The last 2 *close* games that UConn played, they lost. Their conference is not doing them any favors in preparing them for it.

I was hoping for a UConn win, but oh well. UConn is so used to cruising, they didn't know how to fight back, really fight, when their backs were against the wall. ND took UConn out of their comfort zone from the very beginning and fought them tooth and nail the whole stretch! When you don't get any competition the entire season, it can leave you soft when you come upon an opponent who's not scared of the big UConn reputation. I knew McGraw would have her team ready, but I didn't expect this! Wow, now I hope ND wins the championship!

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well grats to ND, and thanks for making it a real game. I really thought it was over at halftime.

I can't decide what to think about ND v. MSU in the final. Just hoping it's as good as these games today.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Why does the #1 recruit in the country Megan Walker ride the bench and not even play in this game??

because she never showed much all season long when she did get on the floor.

- Amanda Gorman
Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Since I know very little about basketball, I still want to know how Nebraska went from 3-13 to 11-5 this year after losing Shephard, or did Shephard only become good enough to help her team win games this year?

Edit: We all know Notre Dame won this game because I picked Notre Dame to lose in the second round because I'm a hater. Very Happy

We all know that South Dakota State would've won that game had they not run into the Villanova buzzsaw. Cleary, Notre Dame should send the committee flowers for not sending Stanford their way too.

Laughing

I'm very impressed by the quality of the games tonight, and both games were intense. It's very clear that these four teams were just above everyone else this season.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:

Because she's a mediocre shooting tweener who isn't nearly as good as any of the six players that Geno did play. He doesn't think she'd help win the game.
Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Well duh. Razz I've been too lazy to ever figure out in my entire life how the game of basketball is actually played.

I think it has something to do with scoring points by missing layups? Or was I supposed to get the ball through a bucket? I can put a bucket on the ground right?

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

I was hoping for a UConn win, but oh well. UConn is so used to cruising, they didn't know how to fight back, really fight, when their backs were against the wall. ND took UConn out of their comfort zone from the very beginning and fought them tooth and nail the whole stretch! When you don't get any competition the entire season, it can leave you soft when you come upon an opponent who's not scared of the big UConn reputation. I knew McGraw would have her team ready, but I didn't expect this! Wow, now I hope ND wins the championship!

Not sure what you've been watching the last 2 years.

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
well grats to ND, and thanks for making it a real game. I really thought it was over at halftime.

I can't decide what to think about ND v. MSU in the final. Just hoping it's as good as these games today.

I'll be interested to see how Miss St's defense holds up against an explosive offense. Is its reputation a function of SEC offenses? ND is going to have a serious problem with McCowan, MissSt will probably have a problem with ND's guards.

I like that all five of ND's Ironman five are capable of putting up 20. Two straight games have demonstrated the danger of leaving any of them alone to concentrate on others. Westbeld and Young have stepped up and shown the last two games that they'll burn you if you ignore them.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 03/30/18 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

We all know that South Dakota State would've won that game had they not run into the Villanova buzzsaw. Cleary, Notre Dame should send the committee flowers for not sending Stanford their way too.

Laughing

I'm very impressed by the quality of the games tonight, and both games were intense. It's very clear that these four teams were just above everyone else this season.

Oh piss, your little USD team can't even win in the Summit League tourney so quiet. As per Huskers, it makes a difference when you get rid of a diva like Shepard. They were glad to get rid of her! I'll give Muffett this much, she actually got the lazy beast playing some what hard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: