RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 03/29/18 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't write off Lewis yet. She's having a nice season in Europe.

PostPosted: 03/29/18 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Billings' transition speed,and versatility on defense > Russell.

Billings is not a WNBA center.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 03/29/18 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I never called Billings a center...

Dallas will need an extra mobile post when the play seattle,LA,etc...

Shades

PostPosted: 03/29/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

They need a center. Who’s going to backup Cambage? You want to keep garden variety Lewis so Glory Johnson has a backup? Thornton and Akhator should suffice to backup Johnson. Even Powers is scrappy enough for a few minutes if need be at PF.

Of course, if Hamblin comes back this season and her head is on straight, I could see Dallas going guard with their first pick. Hamblin is the key for me. Hamblin will probably be on the Canadian national team so that could be a factor. Nayo already took the season off for the Canadian national team. Plaisance is a non-factor this season. Dallas would be crazy to hold a spot for Plaisance (and restricting their roster to 11) in the hopes that she would be better by playoff time or whatever.

If Hamblin is not a factor this season, then I like them going big with #6... not PF. If Vadeeva says she wants to play in the WNBA, then she too might come into play, but that’d be yet another international player at center (Cambage, Zahui, Hamblin, Vadeeva... at least Zahui showed up). It might be time for Dallas to go American at center. That would leave Gulich out too... she’s German despite whatever misguidance you may have read.

I don’t think the disaster which is the Tennessee women’s basketball program should be blamed on Russell or Nared, but maybe you could blame DeShields a little Wink Naw, I would say it’s mostly Warlick’s fault but they are having a difficult time completely letting go of the Summitt era and starting fresh.

If you can get the #1 prospect out of high school who is also 6’7, I don’t think you pass on that. You need that kind of height in this era of Fowles, Cambage, Griner, and soon to be Brown and McCowan.

To me, Russell + Goodwin >> Lexie Brown + Kaylee Jensen, and I really like Lexie Brown. She’s probably more naturally skilled than Diggins, but Diggins really puts in the work. Everyone seems to be ignoring Goodwin but she’ll be a second round gem.

Adding Vivians doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. It’s nice to have big guards, but Dallas would have three of them slotted at SG alone. I think they should mix it up by adding another combo guard.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/29/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's hard to imagine Hamblin being a factor in any season. She scored 8 ppg for a mid-pack team in Australia this winter (summer there) and her 2016 campaign in Dallas was only marginally better than what Breanna Lewis did for them last year.

PostPosted: 03/29/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This Billings vs McCowan picture kinda reminds me of the Akhator vs Russell pics I posted.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/29/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Dallas will need an extra mobile post when the play seattle,LA,etc...

We can slide Thornton over and play small ball with her at the 4 . Billings is not the answer , i was high on her at the beginning of the year but ive settled to realize our best option is Russell at 6. Glad no one is high on her , because we are.

PostPosted: 03/29/18 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
It's hard to imagine Hamblin being a factor in any season. She scored 8 ppg for a mid-pack team in Australia this winter (summer there) and her 2016 campaign in Dallas was only marginally better than what Breanna Lewis did for them last year.

Exactly , Hamlin is not the key nor will she ever be for the dallas wings. She literally was our worst player 2 years ago . Could not keep up with the skill level in the W and was a liability on defense . I even heard grumbles of our organization actually coming up with the idea for hamlin to stay over seas for a season . Russell < Hamblin , Hell id rather keep lewis than Hamblin .

PostPosted: 03/29/18 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Exactly , Hamlin is not the key nor will she ever be for the dallas wings. She literally was our worst player 2 years ago . Could not keep up with the skill level in the W and was a liability on defense . I even heard grumbles of our organization actually coming up with the idea for hamlin to stay over seas for a season . Russell < Hamblin , Hell id rather keep lewis than Hamblin .

I read that online too. It was nothing but some fans' opinions.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/29/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's about having options shades...Cambage/Russell are both slow plotting centers.Billings would give Dallas a versatile post who can backup Johnson,or spell Cambage against teams that are smaller/faster at the 4/5 positions.Thorton is more of a 3/4,Billings is a 4/5.Had Dallas signed Cambage to a one year deal,i'd choose Russell over Billings.Fortunately for Dallas,Liz made a long-term commitment(by her standards)so Billings is the better option IMO.However,drafting a good shooting guard,or defensive wing might be the best option for Dallas(Gabby,Brown,Vivians,DeShields)

WNBA 09 wrote:

We can slide Thornton over and play small ball with her at the 4 . Billings is not the answer , i was high on her at the beginning of the year but ive settled to realize our best option is Russell at 6. Glad no one is high on her , because we are.

I like Russell.I just don't like the idea of having two plotting centers on the roster.

Last edited by zune69 on 03/29/18 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 03/29/18 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hell id rather keep lewis than Hamblin .

Lewis is also on a not very good team in a not very good league this winter, but she's far and away the best player on the team. She's putting up 19 & 9 in Poland.

PostPosted: 03/29/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ruth Hamblin is filling in her time by joining an already established Tango Bourges team in France. I wonder if this fill-in time might be a sign that she’s not coming back to the WNBA, because she’d be playing non-stop. Why not take a break before the WNBA? She’s putting up nice percentages.

This chart has other interesting players.

I pointed out Marine Johannes to the sound of crickets in the free agent thread. She’s putting up impressive percentages although she doesn’t take a whole lot of shots.

Valerianne Ayayi was signed by the Aces this season.

Alexia Chartereau is eligible for this year’s draft, but her stats don’t look that impressive to me and I’ve never seen her play. The Lynx seem to be turning French because of the Wade connection, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lynx draft her really late.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/29/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Hell id rather keep lewis than Hamblin .

Lewis is also on a not very good team in a not very good league this winter, but she's far and away the best player on the team. She's putting up 19 & 9 in Poland.

How is “not very good team in a not very good league” a selling point?
Fagbenle is putting up comparable stats in her better Polish team (EuroLeague worthy), but I’m still looking for competition for her.

Lewis is putting up 15.9 ppg, not 19 ppg, unless Eurobasket is off.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/29/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
How is “not very good team in a not very good league” a selling point?

In comparison to Hamblin, who played on a not very good team in a not very good league and wasn't close to being the best player on the team.

PostPosted: 03/29/18 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is always Morello. She did some of her best work when Fred was coaching.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 03/29/18 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a Dallas fan, then a Sky fan and an off-season Tenn fan I hope that neither of my teams end with Russell or DeShields. I am so over watching the low effort Russell. She is incapable of playing even seconds on back-to-back days. Let alone if she gets only48 hours between games. Take Gulich, take the UCLA girl, or he’ll take Morgan William and have her play center before selecting Russell.

As for the Sky, I cannot take another prima Donna, especially one that misses 3/4 of the circus shots that she thinks she can make.

Let’s get some early declarations!

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/30/18 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

By my count, if any of the huge list of players who could declare decide that they want to, they have to do it by Monday (10 days before the draft). So we'll know soon.

PostPosted: 03/30/18 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm hoping there are no early declares this year.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/30/18 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

There’s already at least one, but I’m not sure anybody cares that much. You’re probably talking about the group of 6 or so heavy hitters.

You’d rather be all in on the 2019 draft than improve your status slightly for 2018?

I’m still feeling a trade of #4 in 2018 for your first rounder in 2019. Do it Randy. You know you want to. McCoughtry and DeShields are a Dream team.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/30/18 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stevens would go #2 to Indiana. Collier #3 to Chicago.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/30/18 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

There’s already at least one, but I’m not sure anybody cares that much. You’re probably talking about the group of 6 or so heavy hitters.

You’d rather be all in on the 2019 draft than improve your status slightly for 2018?

I’m still feeling a trade of #4 in 2018 for your first rounder in 2019. Do it Randy. You know you want to. McCoughtry and DeShields are a Dream team.

Along with a full-time psychiatrist...

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/30/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This Billings vs McCowan picture kinda reminds me of the Akhator vs Russell pics I posted.

The Pencil versus a Dry Marker.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/30/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Diamond could be Angel's understudy in Divahood. And she could get a part time job at Angel's ice cream store.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/30/18 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Stevens would go #2 to Indiana. Collier #3 to Chicago.

Stevens #2 Collier #4

PostPosted: 03/30/18 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
As a Dallas fan, then a Sky fan and an off-season Tenn fan I hope that neither of my teams end with Russell or DeShields. I am so over watching the low effort Russell. She is incapable of playing even seconds on back-to-back days. Let alone if she gets only48 hours between games. Take Gulich, take the UCLA girl, or he’ll take Morgan William and have her play center before selecting Russell.

As for the Sky, I cannot take another prima Donna, especially one that misses 3/4 of the circus shots that she thinks she can make.

Leave Gulich in the gutter . Russell can score and will not be required to give 30+ mins a game. We need as small of a dropoff as possible once Liz takes a breather. Russell is the closest i can see for that. Early declarer would be McCowan but i know she wouldn't drop to #6.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 18 of 41

Jump to: