RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Auriemma unglued, Lobo, spinning over Elliot ouster
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/23/18 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My two cents. The Bearcats have been one of the worst teams in women's basketball for awhile. This year they were improved. If you look at 2018 alone she shouldn't get the ax, but if you look at the past 3 or four years, or whatever her contract term was it seems quite reasonable that she is let go.

As for Geno, if he didn't want her to be let go maybe he shouldn't have beaten Cincinnati by an average of more than 50 points over the past three seasons or embarrassed Elliott by holding them to 21 points in the AAC Tournament. Or maybe he's feeling guilty because he thinks he might have something to do with her contract not being renewed. Either way he would have been much better served to have just wished her well and talked about her improvement in the past season. Going after Cincinnati is just one more example of him picking a fight he had no business getting into.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/23/18 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems to be a pattern.

Quote:
Asked about that by the Hartford Courant, Auriemma said, “That dope from USA Today — I don’t even know his name — I guarantee he didn’t see the game. He doesn’t know what happened.”

https://nypost.com/2018/03/23/geno-auriemma-is-a-bad-winner-and-a-bully/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/23/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
PRballer wrote:
stever wrote:
She had 9 years, Geno might be way short on the objectivity here.

This ^

Also, did Geno call a fellow Twitter user an "idiot"? Laughing

It wouldn't surprise me. He's used that kind of language in the past.

Idiot? That kind of language? LMAO...i call 45 worse names than that on a daily basis.

GEF34

PostPosted: 03/24/18 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
She had 9 years, Geno might be way short on the objectivity here.

Or maybe he knows of things that are not public that make a difference in his opinion compared to the outside who are not privied to such information.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/24/18 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's March. Geno says inane things to draw attention to himself and away from his team.

yhave1ne

PostPosted: 03/27/18 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nah....What he knows should have led him to say nothing but 'Good luck in your next endeavor"

Coyotes

PostPosted: 03/27/18 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess is Cincy knew that they could land a bigger fish in Michelle Clark Heard. While I’m sure the circumstances here are not optimal, at least Elliot can point to an upward trajectory with her team as she looks elsewhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: