RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mabrey of UND the worst..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 03/24/18 4:57 pm    ::: Mabrey of UND the worst.. Reply Reply with quote

I feel this warrants it's own thread. She is so cocky, so annoying, whines go the refs! I remember against UConn she acted like she wanted to square up. I don't remember the older sister being like that or maybe I just didn't pay attention. I hope she gets a WNBA tryout so someone can lay her on her ass and put her in her place!! That might humble her some

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/24/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lots of players just as bad. In this game alone, Carter already has a good start on it and she has three more years at it.

- Amanda Gorman
CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/24/18 5:55 pm    ::: Re: Mabrey of UND the worst.. Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
I feel this warrants it's own thread. She is so cocky, so annoying, whines go the refs! I remember against UConn she acted like she wanted to square up. I don't remember the older sister being like that or maybe I just didn't pay attention. I hope she gets a WNBA tryout so someone can lay her on her ass and put her in her place!! That might humble her some

I'm guessing that if she was playing for any team other than ND, you wouldn't decide to start a thread like this about her.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 03/24/18 7:04 pm    ::: Re: Mabrey of UND the worst.. Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

I'm guessing that if she was playing for any team other than ND, you wouldn't decide to start a thread like this about her.

Yeah I would. Read my threads and comments about Angel McCoughtry and Candace Parker. I even called out Tina Charles for sagging her shoulders in the Olympic warm up game. I'm an equal opp. asshole when it comes to players and attitude. Btw, I don't/didn't always like when Taurasi acts up either and I'm a UConn fan.

UK1996

PostPosted: 03/25/18 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Mabrey is just more emotional about the game. Lots of players whine to the ref, it’s part of the game. It’s more of a problem for someone to sit behind a computer screen and fuss anonymously about a player doing stuff half of other players do as well.

PostPosted: 03/25/18 3:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She comes from a family that ate, slept and played ball. Growing up, the Mabrey girls were extremely competitive in their driveway games which included verbal and physical rough-housing. The mom broke up many an argument and fight in the day. That competitive nature is just there. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary in Marina's on court behavior but maybe I should watch more ND games.

Here's an article on her little sister, Dara who has turned down Muffet's program for VaTech.

https://www.app.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2018/02/26/girls-hoops-manasquans-dara-mabrey-forging-own-path-njs-premier-basketball-family/354263002/

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/25/18 9:17 am    ::: Re: Mabrey of UND the worst.. Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

...nor would you have replied.

PostPosted: 03/25/18 11:19 am    ::: Re: Mabrey of UND the worst.. Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Very likely. Then again, my post was a defense of a player from my team, not an attack on one on another team.

Boy do you have a bug up your butt about me.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/25/18 11:54 am    ::: Re: Mabrey of UND the worst.. Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

It's the tournament, everyone SHOULD BE emotional. She kicked ass yesterday, and I'm not one of her biggest fans. She was a leader yesterday. I had no problem with anything she did.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/25/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mabrey is a very effective basketball player. I like her and don't really understand the animosity.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/25/18 5:46 pm    ::: Re: Mabrey of UND the worst.. Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

Very likely. Then again, my post was a defense of a player from my team, not an attack on one on another team.

Boy do you have a bug up your butt about me.

Another point missed. Oh well...

PostPosted: 03/25/18 7:13 pm    ::: Re: Mabrey of UND the worst.. Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

It's the tournament, everyone SHOULD BE emotional. She kicked ass yesterday, and I'm not one of her biggest fans. She was a leader yesterday. I had no problem with anything she did.

Oh please! Some posters on here are full of it! At least be consistent..the main ppl who throw Kelsey Mitchell under the bus are the first to defend Mabrey, who's a fine young woman. Please! I.stand by my original post, she needs to be knocked on her rear

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/25/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did not realize that Marina Mabrey had taken the time out of her busy postseason schedule to look you up and visit you to personally and carefully piss in your cornflakes.

(now with spelling variations)
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/26/18 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I did not realize that Marina Mabrey had taken the time out of her busy postseason schedule to look you up and visit you to personally and carefully piss in your cornflakes.

Not really a pleasant image during breakfast. (or any other time).

PostPosted: 03/26/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can’t stand her either

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My least favorite thing about this board is the name calling of players. Say what you want about teams, coaches, me, other posters, whatever. Just keep in mind that these are 18-22 year old human beings. Also keep in mind that this is a highly influential source in the WBB community and a lot of these young women can freely read the things you’re saying about them.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
My least favorite thing about this board is the name calling of players. Say what you want about teams, coaches, me, other posters, whatever. Just keep in mind that these are 18-22 year old human beings. Also keep in mind that this is a highly influential source in the WBB community and a lot of these young women can freely read the things you’re saying about them.

+1

PostPosted: 03/26/18 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She can be cocky, and floppy, and have a bad attitude from time to time, but she's a good player. I've enjoyed watching her play.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/27/18 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like her.

Her moxy is probably a big reason why the Irish are where they are right now.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 03/27/18 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
a lot of these young women can freely read the things you’re saying about them.

Well, we certainly know that Ashley Santos was reading...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/27/18 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

You're kidding me right?

pilight

PostPosted: 03/27/18 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

They're not fragile little flowers. They can take a little smack talk.

PostPosted: 03/27/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's doing really well for a converted PG. In the NCAAs, she's had 26 assists to 7 TOs, that an A/TO of 3.7.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/27/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
She's doing really well for a converted PG. In the NCAAs, she's had 26 assists to 7 TOs, that an A/TO of 3.7.

I was actually wondering if when she hits the WNBA if she'll be a PG or SG.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/18 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:

How’s she doing all season long?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: