RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2 Oregon vs 1 Notre Dame 3/26 9 PM ET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Oregon
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Notre Dame
47%
 47%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 23

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Oregon is going to love having Erin Boley next year to go along with Ruthy Hebard and Sabrina Ionescu and the Sabally sisters and Maite. Lots of talent returning. I think they are certainly a preaseason pick for Final Four next year. Still feels like a missed opportunity tonight but happens! Congrats to Notre Dame, can't wait to watch you get the S#%& knocked out of you on Friday Wink

Except they don't need more scoring, they need someone who can play defense, and Boley's not it.

Now speaking of final four picks, Note Dame returns Ogunbowale, Young, Mabrey and Shepard, gets Brianna Turner back, gets 6'4" Mikayla Vaughn back, and adds several terrific freshmen guards.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Oregon is going to love having Erin Boley next year to go along with Ruthy Hebard and Sabrina Ionescu and the Sabally sisters and Maite. Lots of talent returning. I think they are certainly a preaseason pick for Final Four next year. Still feels like a missed opportunity tonight but happens! Congrats to Notre Dame, can't wait to watch you get the S#%& knocked out of you on Friday Wink

Boley should be a big time pick up for them next season. I had high hopes for her with the Irish but she could not produce. Still who will defend?

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 03/26/18 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
elsie

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they had the easiest path to this game tonite than anybody....next yr, if they make the 16, they'll play their 4 first games at Eugene or Portland....

pac 12 will be stronger next year...they better not try to live on their reputation or a single player...Oregon state found out that rep means nothing..

very boring game imo....

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

Except they don't need more scoring, they need someone who can play defense, and Boley's not it.

Now speaking of final four picks, Note Dame returns Ogunbowale, Young, Mabrey and Shepard, gets Brianna Turner back, gets 6'4" Mikayla Vaughn back, and adds several terrific freshmen guards.

Bingo they're my preseason #1.

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When I heard the part about Graves apparently saying "Let's make Westbeld beat us." I just laughed. The main reason she doesn't score as much is because the others are Agunbowale, Mabrey, Young, and Shepard. It's not that she can't score. It's just that there are so many other options.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
When I heard the part about Graves apparently saying "Let's make Westbeld beat us." I just laughed. The main reason she doesn't score as much is because the others are Agunbowale, Mabrey, Young, and Shepard. It's not that she can't score. It's just that there are so many other options.

She got 20 on 75% shooting and 7 boards. Guess he got what he wanted.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Young getting used by Ionescu.

Guess she heard you and began to abuse the user in the 2nd half Laughing

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's kind of trite to say this, but I think this loss should help Oregon over the next couple of years. I hope they spend a lot of time breaking down the video and come to a better understanding of what they need to do to be a really top team, not just be close to a top team. Kelly make it happen!

Also, wanna give a shout out to Bando who really helped her team as the lone senior who got minutes. They will miss her corner threes and her hustle. Best wishes to her as she goes out into the big, bad world.

- Amanda Gorman
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/18 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just heard on the local news that the ND/UConn game will be at 9:30.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
zune69

PostPosted: 03/26/18 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon not making the final four next season would be a huge disappointment...I honestly thought they were going to win this game.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/26/18 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
It's kind of trite to say this, but I think this loss should help Oregon over the next couple of years. I hope they spend a lot of time breaking down the video and come to a better understanding of what they need to do to be a really top team, not just be close to a top team. Kelly make it happen!

Also, wanna give a shout out to Bando who really helped her team as the lone senior who got minutes. They will miss her corner threes and her hustle. Best wishes to her as she goes out into the big, bad world.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon ended up a #1 seed and in the Final Four next year. I also agree that Oregon will learn from this. They are a young team after all. They just need to work more on their defense.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 03/27/18 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
I am really impressed with what Muffet and her staff have been able to do with this team this year. All those injuries and they are getting to the Final Four. It has really been pretty remarkable.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/27/18 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
I am really impressed with what Muffet and her staff have been able to do with this team this year. All those injuries and they are getting to the Final Four. It has really been pretty remarkable.

Why couldn't Muffet be good enough of a coach to win games other years? Maybe Notre Dame would have won a National Title this past decade then.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/27/18 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Why couldn't Muffet be good enough of a coach to win games other years? Maybe Notre Dame would have won a National Title this past decade then.

Because Geno is a better coach?

PostPosted: 03/27/18 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

So that explains why Notre Dame lost in the 2011 & 2012 Championship games Smile

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/27/18 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Oregon not making the final four next season would be a huge disappointment...I honestly thought they were going to win this game.

What would make you think that?

I can understand a fan hoping they would win, but what evidence or track record would have led you to objectively conclude they were likely to win?

ND's injury-shortened bench is the only thing I can think of that might have supported such a conclusion.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/27/18 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

So that explains why Notre Dame lost in the 2011 & 2012 Championship games Smile

The 2011 year was, ugh! It was a tossup game between two teams that hadn't been to the NC game, at least in along time. ND just lost the coin flip.

However, you think ND lost 2012 because of coaching? How did mighty UConn do against 2012 Baylor? You have heard of a player named Griner, right?

BTW, I'd argue that Auriemma is a better recruiter. That's the part of his coaching that he has over McGraw. McGraw is closing the gap there, though.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/27/18 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

The 2011 year was, ugh! It was a tossup game between two teams that hadn't been to the NC game, at least in along time. ND just lost the coin flip.

However, you think ND lost 2012 because of coaching? How did mighty UConn do against 2012 Baylor? You have heard of a player named Griner, right?

BTW, I'd argue that Auriemma is a better recruiter. That's the part of his coaching that he has over McGraw. McGraw is closing the gap there, though.

Recruiting is the key to his success. McGraw may be benefiting from Duke and Tennessee not getting the top of the top to the same extent right now. After an elite recruit find outs that Auriemma isn't going to select them, where do they go? Notre Dame seems to be the top second choice right now.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/27/18 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, If Warlick had the players that chose UConn Tenn's offense would look just as polished as UConn's looked last night.

And if those same players had chosen Notre Dame then the Irish would have had the top defensive team in the country.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/18 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

ND killed on the boards, a +22
More effort and some lucky bounces went their way.

Mabrey out-rebounded Ionescu, which is unheard of.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
linkster

PostPosted: 03/28/18 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
linkster wrote:
If anything it's a foul on Mabrey for gabbing Ionescu's arm as she ran by.

Is there anything about ND that you won't bitch about?

It's really getting old.

There's a lot about N Dame I admire but their fans here already do a real good job of promoting those attributes.
I'd have to go back and read the posts but I think I was responding to a post that blamed the wrong person for the incident. As a matter of fact even the play by play announcers initially suggested that Mabrey was the victim until the correct angle replay CLEARLY showed Mabrey with her right hand firmly grasping Ionescu's arm as Ionescu went by her.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/28/18 2:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

What would make you think that?

I can understand a fan hoping they would win, but what evidence or track record would have led you to objectively conclude they were likely to win?

ND's injury-shortened bench is the only thing I can think of that might have supported such a conclusion.

1.Elite PG

2.Elite post player

3.As you mentioned,the depleted ND roster.

The Irish only played 6 players.Oregon didn't push the tempo like I thought they would.Of course,it's hard to increase the pace when you're giving up offensive rebounds and taking the ball out of the net.The Oregon HC should have done a better job of getting Hebard more touches.I understand ND was sagging down and forcing the rest of the Oregon players to beat them.But 12 shot attempts for Hebard in that big of a game isn't enough.

Shades wrote:

ND killed on the boards, a +22
More effort and some lucky bounces went their way.

Mabrey out-rebounded Ionescu, which is unheard of.

Yeah...19-6 on the offensive boards.That's 13 extra shots.Rebounding,3 pt shooting(4-15),and Westbeld beat Oregon...And despite all of that,Oregon still could have won this game had Ionescu not gone cold in the 2nd half.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/28/18 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon had no Answer for shephard and they could not keep Jackie off the glass. Comes down to Notre Dame just having more elite level athletes than oregon.

PostPosted: 03/28/18 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
linkster wrote:
If anything it's a foul on Mabrey for gabbing Ionescu's arm as she ran by.

Is there anything about ND that you won't bitch about?

It's really getting old.

There's a lot about N Dame I admire but their fans here already do a real good job of promoting those attributes.
I'd have to go back and read the posts but I think I was responding to a post that blamed the wrong person for the incident. As a matter of fact even the play by play announcers initially suggested that Mabrey was the victim until the correct angle replay CLEARLY showed Mabrey with her right hand firmly grasping Ionescu's arm as Ionescu went by her.

You mean the one where MM's grabbing SI with the BACK of her hand? Rolling Eyes

You need to look at it again in slo-mo, frame by frame or something (hell, you can even see it with ESPN's slo-mo) and see that MM's upper arm is extended behind her, her lower arm is angled down and her hand is bent up at the wrist. SI's arm is below MM's. No fucking way MM grabbed her.

The asshole announcer needs to keep his mouth shut and stop talking about something that he can't see (because it didn't happen).

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/28/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

1.Elite PG

2.Elite post player

1 Oregon certainly has one elite guard, but I'm not sure I'd call her an elite POINT guard. And ND certainly had a superior SET of guards.

2 I can't agree at all with that characterization, and no matter how you choose to overrate her, she was still not as good as Shepard, which should have been obvious before the game started.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: