RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2 South Carolina vs 1 Connecticut 3/26 7 PM ET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
South Carolina
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Connecticut
86%
 86%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 23

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
09 im not gonna go back and fourth with u about a outcome of a game what i am saying is south carolina has no guards at all that are 1 bit offensive treats therefore just like uconn is doing now four ppl are sagging low.

Except for the pair of one year mercenaries last year (who arrived already developed for her by other coaches), when has Dawn EVER had any guards? SCar's total lack of competent guard play has been a perrenial issue.

For someone who was a terrific point guard, she sure can't develop or coach point guards.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
09 im not gonna go back and fourth with u about a outcome of a game what i am saying is south carolina has no guards at all that are 1 bit offensive treats therefore just like uconn is doing now four ppl are sagging low.

Agreed , the obvious is being shown on ESPN right now at the half. Was not trying to upset you or anything i actually made my post and you responded Laughing

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:

Except for the pair of one year mercenaries last year (who arrived already developed for her by other coaches), when has Dawn EVER had any guards? SCar's total lack of competent guard play has been a perrenial issue.

For someone who was a terrific point guard, she sure can't develop or coach point guards.

I rest my case ! Cool

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCar shooting 56% and down 21 points. Very unusual.

It seemed like for most of the 1H UConn was face guarding the two SCar guards MTM while the other three played an amoeba triangle. It worked to stop the guards but not really to stop the posts.

UConn's best instinctive passer, KLS, has six assists in the half.
linkster

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Is this when we should start questioning truly how "Good" of a coach Dawn might be ? She lucked up with a transcendent player who happened to be from the schools home state , and has yet to produce a life after Aja ? Then a performance like this seems lackluster. Duke at least put up a fight

truth be told they lost two players early last yr
and lost the only offensive minded G span
they have no offense other than post players and cant defend the 3 point line

Is it safe to say dawn CANNOT recruit ? Even with Span they would still be offensively challenged . Span played in the 1st game and the results were the same . They also lucked up with those 2 players they lost last year as they were "Transfers" versus recruits brought in . Hell knowing the history down in Columbia thats their version of recruiting .

with span there wouldn't be 4 ppl in the paint waiting for aja is what im saying she was one person that. they also lost the other Bianca girl

geno has all-American recruits siting on the bench
both freshman lele and Bianca look good but are freshman didnt expect them to come out banging .

With span or Cuevas the outcome would still be the same . See game 1 this year , See Every game the last 4 years. Even with the transfers , no excuses anymore for Dawn.

Dawn builds her defense for the SEC where outstanding 3 pt shooting is as rare as a virgin in a whore house.

And when UConn goes 9-10 from 3 in a half who the hell is going to stay with them? When UConn is shooting like tonight they don't lose.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
The outcome isn't in doubt. The only drama left is what Dawn is going to whine about and blame it on post game.

it's true. I didn't used to dislike her but she has really become a whiner. And she'll whine for the whole next year about being in the Albany bracket. But next year I doubt they'll be a two. Of course they could still get stuck in UConn's bracket as a #4 or #5. Razz If I were on the committee I'd probably be inclined to do that. Of course they might schedule all cupcakes OOC to hopefully get a higher seed.

I still think it would have been fairer to put them in Lexington, Texas in Albany, and Baylor in KC...but regardless of placement, I hate to see a coach whine about it. And L'ville would also have cleaned their clock so it ultimately didn't matter. That 0-1 from three is maybe the most telling stat about SoCar. And what would/will they do without A'ja?

They will rely on those great guards dawn has recruited Laughing

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just hope A'ja doesn't get injured. That would be a travesty. At least UConn is not a 'dirty' team so hopefully...

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I just hope A'ja doesn't get injured. That would be a travesty. At least UConn is not a 'dirty' team so hopefully...

myrtle, I hope none of these players get injured .

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the 2H, SCar has a much better probability of keeping up their effective post scoring than UConn keeping up the supernatural 2pt shooting.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So. Car comes out with 2 buckets to start . Lets see if they can defend . Edit : Idk why i said that , of course they cant defend Laughing

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 03/26/18 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Lou reminds me so much of Nicole Powell when she would catch and shoot at Stanford.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Katie Lou reminds me so much of Nicole Powell when she would catch and shoot at Stanford.

Great comparison . Exclamation Exclamation

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Samuelson was actually set and actually got hit on that last charge call. That might be a first.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nurse has her hair up in a bun! Boom!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a complete travesty . UCONN cant miss from 3 and South Carolina still has not figured out how to defend the perimeter. Maybe after the 25th 3-pointer they might make a change ? Embarassed

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby Williams made an outside shot, but she looked an awful lot like Alyssa Thomas shooting a free throw.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, how many points do they need to be ahead to see player #8 for UConn?

>50

- Amanda Gorman
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
This is a complete travesty . UCONN cant miss from 3 and South Carolina still has not figured out how to defend the perimeter. Maybe after the 25th 3-pointer they might make a change ? Embarassed

Well it's likely they won't keep this hot shooting for the semifinals and it might make it more competitive.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

>50

Maybe when Dawn puts in #8.

This isn't a teaching or training game. It's a kill dead dead dead game.
linkster

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

>50

Where were you yesterday when Miss St's 6th player got 11 minutes and the other 5 bench players that got in the game combined to play a total of 4 min?

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mega-Million in... And, scores!

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In an interview just yesterday, Dawn seemed to brag about how she didn't have to climb the usual college coaching ladder. Maybe she should have?

Staley said "fortunately for me, I didn't go through the ranks of being a grad assistant and assistant coach up through there. I was given an opportunity because somebody saw something in me that I didn't see in myself."
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article206778299.html

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK Staley, get A'ja out of there. The Aces need her healthy...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/26/18 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Well it's likely they won't keep this hot shooting for the semifinals and it might make it more competitive.

Im hoping not . ND has a bit more pride at the guard spot to defend UCONN . To be honest if they shoot like this no one will beat this team .

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: