RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Buffalo and Central Michigan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 03/22/18 11:59 pm    ::: Buffalo and Central Michigan Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Women's Basketball on twitter( @ncaawbb ) made them a GIF:

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/23/18 7:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

very cool

PostPosted: 03/23/18 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I posted on the Buffalo game thread, but it's probably better here.

ESPN's Around the Rim podcast features both coaches. Felicia is at 26:00 and Sue around 44:00. Both talk candidly about being fired from their jobs, how they re-invented themselves, having support systems, etc..

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=22873997

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/24/18 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad that there were only 3 responses so far as this is what March Madness is about, not moaning about individual peeps hated team etc. Go Buffalo and C Mich, what a great accomplishment.

BallState1984

PostPosted: 03/24/18 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the risk of being called a bandwagon fan, I had Buffalo pegged to win the MAC. They are that good and Coach Jack is more talented than what most fans give her credit.

PostPosted: 03/24/18 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone that was watching the women's game this season knew that both CMU and Buffalo were very talented teams. The MAC was a very good conference this year, better than any besides the power 5 and the Big East. Buffalo should have been in before the last 8. Both teams deserved better than an 11 seed, but ironically it was the lower seed that allowed them to make the Sweet 16. Neither first round win surprised me, but I didn't expect the second round upsets. Playing, and I suspect losing to top 10 teams will not diminish their accomplishments. These are two very good teams.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/24/18 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
At the risk of being called a bandwagon fan, I had Buffalo pegged to win the MAC. They are that good and Coach Jack is more talented than what most fans give her credit.

It was pretty clear all season that it would be between Buffalo and CMU for the MAC title. I thought they had a good shot at first round wins, but yeah, the second round ones were a surprise. It's fun to see them do so well and I think good for the game to have underdogs show up in the tourney. And kudos to Buffalo for competing so well with SoCar until the 4th quarter. They have more than shown that they belong.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/24/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Both teams deserved better than an 11 seed, but ironically it was the lower seed that allowed them to make the Sweet 16.

agree. It seems like the best mids always end up with a 7-10 seed which means they have to beat a #1 or #2 seed to make the sweet sixteen. Ironically it's much better to be a #11 or #12 as there always seem to be some questionable #3,4,5 seeds. Anyway it's all fun. There is also definitely some luck in getting the right draw.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: