RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

6 Oregon St vs 2 Baylor 3/23 7:00 PM ET
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Oregon St
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Baylor
94%
 94%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 18

toad455

PostPosted: 03/24/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I was hoping that Gulich was going to be a hidden gem and she would be available in the third round of the draft. That is not going to happen now. My favorite team needs to make some deals and trade up for a high second round pick to be in position to draft her.

I can see her going #12 to Phoenix.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 03/24/18 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously not in the same league but the way Gulich stands at the free throw line, angled legs, bent knees, the power dribble, it's identical to Lauren Jackson's motion, routine and stance at the free throw line.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/24/18 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mulkey seems sedate in the post conference. Complimentary toward Gulich and the team. Maybe she is always this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJp1d2QKxz8

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/24/18 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
I was hoping that Gulich was going to be a hidden gem and she would be available in the third round of the draft. That is not going to happen now. My favorite team needs to make some deals and trade up for a high second round pick to be in position to draft her.

I'm not a draft guru, but I think she should be higher, perhaps 7-10. She is the best center in the country right now (I count Wilson as a PF). She may need a little more strength to bang on the inside in the WNBA she has skills and polish to contribute immediately.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/24/18 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I'm not a draft guru, but I think she should be higher, perhaps 7-10. She is the best center in the country right now (I count Wilson as a PF). She may need a little more strength to bang on the inside in the WNBA she has skills and polish to contribute immediately.

I'd think she'd be most serviceable as a 4, too....no? According to the commentators, her back-to-the-basket skills were a secondary development. However she goes, she'll be a keeper!

PostPosted: 03/24/18 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Well-played game. Kim Mulkey looked better than usual. I must say, with all the close-ups of Kalani and Marie for "The Battle of The Bigs", I came away with the appreciation that both girls are really very beautiful women.

Mulkey definitely looked less flamboyant than usual. I think this year has been hard on her, and it shows.

(now with spelling variations)
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/24/18 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Howee wrote:
Well-played game. Kim Mulkey looked better than usual. I must say, with all the close-ups of Kalani and Marie for "The Battle of The Bigs", I came away with the appreciation that both girls are really very beautiful women.

Mulkey definitely looked less flamboyant than usual. I think this year has been hard on her, and it shows.

I agree, SHe mentioned the struggle this year and talked about the injuries, as well as the loss of her granddaughter, Cox dealing with her diabetes , the death of Chameka Scott, several players dealing with family issues....and it didn't seem like she offered them up as excuses but more like perspective...like, basketball is really just a small part of this thing called life,

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/24/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Howee wrote:

Yes. I think losing the grandchild was a really hard thing for the whole family. And I've noticed too that she's dressed more subdued and in general been more subdued...

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 03/24/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Myrtle, DO check your PM box occasionally.... Razz

PostPosted: 03/24/18 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Myrtle, DO check your PM box occasionally.... Razz

for some reason the notification thingie hasn't been working...

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: