RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

When does Mitchell retire?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/19/18 10:18 pm    ::: When does Mitchell retire? Reply Reply with quote

Mark, that is...

I say the week after the Final Four.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/19/18 11:14 pm    ::: Re: When does Mitchell retire? Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Mark, that is...

You think daddy dearest is waiting that long? He doesn't have any other daughters who are just so in love with tOSU that they have to bring the rest of the family along?

PostPosted: 03/19/18 11:20 pm    ::: Re: When does Mitchell retire? Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Mark, that is...

You think daddy dearest is waiting that long? He doesn't have any other daughters who are just so in love with tOSU that they have to bring the rest of the family along?

I say that because there will be a lot of things that Kelsey will be involved in durning the Final Four.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 03/20/18 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Related note:

Calhoun and Waterman sat they will be back next season at tOSU.

I don't see Mark sticking it our too much longer.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/20/18 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Retire or nudged?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/20/18 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Retire or nudged?

That's what I was thinking.

He's served his purpose.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/20/18 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And the sister stays for her final year of eligibility?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/20/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

Sounds like she quit school, which may have been a distraction to Kelsey.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/20/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

She left the team in January. She was on academic "probation" every year she was there. She isn't coming back. She didn't even show up for Kelsey son senior day.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/20/18 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

She left the team in January. She was on academic "probation" every year she was there. She isn't coming back. She didn't even show up for Kelsey son senior day.

That's kind of sad. They're twins, aren't they? And one got all the talent and all the accolades and all the attention....I used to feel sorry for the other one, sitting at the end of the bench. She always looked so unhappy.

PostPosted: 03/21/18 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/21/18 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

It sounds either like she knew she was bulletproof, or like she didn't actually want to be there in the first place and daddy dearest foisted tOSU on her as much as he foisted her on tOSU.

I'd feel bad for the whole situation, but it's Ohio State.

PostPosted: 03/21/18 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

It sounds either like she knew she was bulletproof, or like she didn't actually want to be there in the first place and daddy dearest foisted tOSU on her as much as he foisted her on tOSU.

Yeah, it's Ohio State, and God knows, as a Wisconsin alum I hate Ohio State, but we're talking about Chelsea Mitchell here. (not sure I'm spelling it all right, is it Chelsey?) Anyway, if you look at them, here's Kelsey with all the talent, and here's poor Chelsea, who is bigger, slower, maybe not as bright (maybe a little learning disabled? who knows), always in her twin's shadow, always trying to keep up, always being dragged along and never being allowed to become who Chelsea is because of daddy dearest's basketball dreams (a "maybe" scenario, but not unlikely). People should think about how SHE feels.

PostPosted: 03/21/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Yeah, it's Ohio State, and God knows, as a Wisconsin alum I hate Ohio State, but we're talking about Chelsea Mitchell here. (not sure I'm spelling it all right, is it Chelsey?) Anyway, if you look at them, here's Kelsey with all the talent, and here's poor Chelsea, who is bigger, slower, maybe not as bright (maybe a little learning disabled? who knows), always in her twin's shadow, always trying to keep up, always being dragged along and never being allowed to become who Chelsea is because of daddy dearest's basketball dreams (a "maybe" scenario, but not unlikely). People should think about how SHE feels.

This article might help explain it...This was from mid February

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180217/ohio-state-womens-basketball--kelsey-mitchell-faces-unknown-as-career-nears-end

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 03/21/18 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180217/ohio-state-womens-basketball--kelsey-mitchell-faces-unknown-as-career-nears-end

Yep, from Kelsey's viewpoint, "It's all about me."

bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/21/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

I didn't take it that way at all. The article was about her and the upcoming changes in her life, not about her twin. Chelsea made her choices. I would assume they talked about it.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/21/18 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

I didn't take it that way at all. The article was about her and the upcoming changes in her life, not about her twin. Chelsea made her choices. I would assume they talked about it.

Nobody interviewed Chelsea. Nobody asked her what she was doing or how she felt about things.

PostPosted: 03/21/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

That's not how I read it either.

bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/21/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Nobody interviewed Chelsea. Nobody asked her what she was doing or how she felt about things.

Since she left the team, she hasn't been around. Again, she wasn't at senior day to walk with her family.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/22/18 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

I find this post to be a little out there in the deep end. Twins have a unique bound, most twins got to college together even if one doesn't play l sports like Jantel Lavender's twin sister was a Ohio St team manager. To me it sounds like Chelsea was there to support her sister and not being forced to play, also put down her weight and her intelligence was unnecessarily evil.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/22/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Queenie wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Shades wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

I find this post to be a little out there in the deep end. Twins have a unique bound, most twins got to college together even if one doesn't play l sports like Jantel Lavender's twin sister was a Ohio St team manager. To me it sounds like Chelsea was there to support her sister and not being forced to play, also put down her weight and her intelligence was unnecessarily evil.

I mentioned that because a) Chelsea always looked unhappy, and b) she was on academic probation *every semester* that she was there, apparently, and it was stated that she flunked out. BTW, a learning disability is NOT a question of intelligence. My son was gifted, with an IQ that was definitely "out there"; he was also dyslexic, which he overcame eventually, and had a disability called dysgraphia, which is very poorly understood and which he never fully overcame. The latter disability caused him to leave college on his own and enlist in the military. He was a gifted musician and also an utterly amazing mechanic, which became his profession in the military.His learning disability had NOTHING to do with his intelligence. Questioning whether someone might HAVE a learning disability is not "evil" and you need to walk that back. I believe you totally misunderstand what a learning disability is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: