RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Laimbeer Moving On??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelli

PostPosted: 04/25/05 10:39 pm    ::: Laimbeer Moving On?? Reply Reply with quote

Just heard on the news that BL is a candidate for the open position with the Cavs. Anybody else hear anything?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/25/05 11:06 pm    ::: Re: Laimbeer Moving On?? Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
Just heard on the news that BL is a candidate for the open position with the Cavs. Anybody else hear anything?

He's denied interest in that job several times.

PostPosted: 04/25/05 11:11 pm    ::: Re: Laimbeer Moving On?? Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Kelli wrote:

Then it seems a little odd that it's just on the news tonight.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/25/05 11:13 pm    ::: Re: Laimbeer Moving On?? Reply Reply with quote

"He is a candidate" isn't the same as "He is interested."

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 04/25/05 11:22 pm    ::: Re: Laimbeer Moving On?? Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:

There also have been persistent offseason rumors of the NBA eyeing Laimbeer for a head coaching position. But he insists that issue is not a distraction.

"The players that have been here before are fully aware that you all are going to write about me," Laimbeer told reporters. "They know that one day I will march off in to the sunset, too. It may be later than sooner, or sooner than later.

"If it becomes a distraction we'll address it at that point, but right now it's not."

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/breaking_news/11487321.htm

Futurama

PostPosted: 04/26/05 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

he's probably waiting for Larry Brown to leave the Pistons.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/26/05 1:07 am    ::: Re: Laimbeer Moving On?? Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
pilight wrote:
Kelli wrote:

Then it seems a little odd that it's just on the news tonight.

Hey Kelli, it probably has something to do with rumors swirling about Larry Brown's departure for one of the many Coaching openings around the league, and Phil Jackson's likely re-signing with the Lakers. Sources have also told me about the possibility Orlando, which was also later revealed publicly. Arrow

Quote:
I've learned that Bill Laimbeer said that there are places that he would not go to just to be a NBA head coach and that Orlando was not one of them. Upon hearing that, I figured that the place he is winking at is Portland

Bill Laimbeer previously criticized/laughed at the Trailblazers in an interview a while back, and from what Portland insiders tell me, they are looking for someone who already has an established NBA coaching rep that the disgruntled players can respect. So I guess there is no harm in winking at them.. One thing's for sure, Owner Paul Allen is going to have to pay A LOT of money to get someone good to coach that team... http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/thread?forumID=766&threadID=1585097
http://forums.espn.go.com/espn/message?byThread=false&messageID=8657290

Laimbeer has also hired an agent to field inquiries, but my guess is that he'll stay at least for this year. The reason being is that it looks like CLE and DET are the choice teams to land, but I think Larry Brown will probably stay in DET, and CLE's stock has fallen big time. Shocked

CLE has had a lot of its dirty laundry aired out in public, coupled with the recent presumptions that Owner Dan Gilbert will not re-sign Ilgauskas to his desired contract, McInnis will be let go, and that he'll lose out on the Michael Redd sweepstakes to MIL. Those combinations for CLE should put any head coach in a position to lose and eventually get fired mid-season. ORL is the wildcard though, however the GM is rather tough to work with.. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: