Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 03/19/18 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Did Russell's and Nared's stock drop with today's loss? Especially Nared who was useless today.

I can't seem to explain Nared to myself. She does everything well and is long at 6'2" but doesn't seem to put everything together at the same time in a game. She's a mystery to me. She could be great and then? Maybe Warlick drives her crazy like she does me?

I didn't think Russell's stock went down today.

Maybe she just doesn't have the right stuff to be a "leader" but might do just fine as role player in the WNBA.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/18 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Did Russell's and Nared's stock drop with today's loss? Especially Nared who was useless today.

I can't seem to explain Nared to myself. She does everything well and is long at 6'2" but doesn't seem to put everything together at the same time in a game.

Maybe she just doesn't have the right stuff to be a "leader" but might do just fine as role player in the WNBA.

Hmm... Randy must want her at #16 but I don’t see her falling that far. I’ve hooked you up with Shakayla Thomas though.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/19/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

I didn't think Russell's stock went down yesterday.

If anything it solidified where I put her in the draft, #6.

As of now I have Vivians going #10, so if NYL fans are willing to trade something good to move up in draft position, what would that be? Keep in mind that nobody’s interested in your table scraps.

Ditto

PostPosted: 03/19/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Vivians doesn't go past New York. Really depends who Indiana is looking at at #8. A post(Billings?)? A SF(Vivians)? A guard(Scaife? Nurse?).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/19/18 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

I didn't think Russell's stock went down yesterday.

If anything it solidified where I put her in the draft, #6.

As of now I have Vivians going #10, so if NYL fans are willing to trade something good to move up in draft position, what would that be? Keep in mind that nobody’s interested in your table scraps.

Not saying I would want to do this but it would have to be

Rodgers and #10

or Stokes and #10

I think Chicago would consider Rodgers and #10 for #4 (Rodgers would be a good fit behind Quigley, Chicago still gets to pick which wing they like at #3 and can go post at #10) and Seattle would consider Stokes and #10 for #5 (Stokes could give them more size and defense, and one of the top PGs or SFs might still be there at #10).

toad455

PostPosted: 03/19/18 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updated my mock via draftsite.com

https://www.draftsite.com/mydraftsite/toad455/wnba/mock-draft/2018/

Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/18 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

or Stokes and #10

I think Dallas should jump all over that offer. They can use Stokes as the defensive backup to Cambage, and use #10 as competition to Chong, Thornton, or Shaqator.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/18 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever

PostPosted: 03/19/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Nice job! Especially the third round. Wink

toad455

PostPosted: 03/19/18 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Nice job! Especially the third round. Wink

Lots of potential foreigners this year. Third round is always a safe bet to draft one.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/19/18 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess for Vivians is #4 to #8. If NY gets her at #10, I'd go out and re-celebrate St. Patricks Day.

Nared for me is a late first trounder or early 2nd, unless the Teams are shopping for foreign assistance. Whomever gets her in the second round is getting a steal. There's something not right at Tennessee. This girl is the epitome of Swin Cash.

And, recommend putting T. Muldrow from WVU into your mocks. I think it would be a surprise if she didn't go early to mid 2nd round. I think she's running under the radar.

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/19/18 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still wonder why Vadeeva is on any first-round lists if there is no indication she will come over this year, next year or ever.

PostPosted: 03/19/18 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

or Stokes and #10

I think Dallas should jump all over that offer. They can use Stokes as the defensive backup to Cambage, and use #10 as competition to Chong, Thornton, or Shaqator.

That would really depend on who is still there at #6, who clearly wouldn't be there at #10. Losing Stokes to move up 4 positions is risky, I guess it is risky to do to move up to #5 as well. If it is for Deshields or G. Williams yes I do it, if it is for Vivians, Nurse or one of the posts not named Wilson I probably just wait and take what is available at #10.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/19/18 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me where it gets tricky at #10 is if Canada is still there. NY IMO has decent coverage at the PG spot with sometimes Hartley, Boyd and L. Allen, but if Canada is there I would have to take her if I were the GM, IMO she will be better than all of our other option at PG sooner rather than later, but it doesn't really solve our bigger needs at SF or in the post, and it leads to a decent player getting cut.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/19/18 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

or Stokes and #10

I actually like Russell's offensive skillset a bit more than Stokes , but Stokes on the defensive end would be more of an enforcer. Not a bad trade , but I dont see the big difference between each player. One is a liability on offense and the other a liability on defense. with #10 though could add a bit of spice and an Extra player than we cant really afford at the moment.

PostPosted: 03/19/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I still wonder why Vadeeva is on any first-round lists if there is no indication she will come over this year, next year or ever.

There are two separate parts of this. It depends on how highly you view her as a prospect regardless of coming over and how far down the prospect list you get before you think you might have a player who does not make it out of training camp. I think top 8 is too high, but the teams below that should consider her an option.
Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

There are two separate parts of this. It depends on how highly you view her as a prospect regardless of coming over and how far down the prospect list you get before you think you might have a player who does not make it out of training camp. I think top 8 is too high, but the teams below that should consider her an option.

Why did you pick #8 as your cut-off point? Indiana has both a dire need for fresh blood in the post plus the Russian connection. Might be a good match.

I'm not sure how she fits in with PHX with Griner. Connecticut is overloaded at post and may be gun shy about more international players. Perfect fit for LAS. Back to PHX (and Reeve gets cursed). Can't let Laimbeer have her with #13.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/19/18 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Vadeeva going either #7 to Washington or #8 to Indiana. Indiana's rebuilding and can take the risk of her not showing up this season. Washington needs post help badly & Thibault likes his foreigners.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/19/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

There's also the potential 'the teams know more about her status and intentions than any of us do' element.

PostPosted: 03/19/18 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No way is Vivians a lottery pick.She lacks foot speed,quickness,and is a terrible defender.Half of the time Vivians is jogging up and down the court.Miss ST has managed to hide Vivians weaknesses by playing her at the PF position.It's easy to drive around defenders when they're slower and bigger than you.Not to mention all of the wide open looks Vivians gets because the PF for the other team isn't used to guarding on the perimeter.

Drafting Vivians 8th or higher would be very risky.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/19/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesn't exactly say she's coming over, but interpret as you will.

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/19/18 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
No way is Vivians a lottery pick.She lacks foot speed,quickness,and is a terrible defender.Half of the time Vivians is jogging up and down the court.Miss ST has managed to hide Vivians weaknesses by playing her at the PF position.It's easy to drive around defenders when they're slower and bigger than you.Not to mention all of the wide open looks Vivians gets because the PF for the other team isn't used to guarding on the perimeter.

If she falls to 17 I'd take her.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/19/18 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, she has already been nominated for the WNBA draft by all the people who included her in their mock drafts. Laughing Razz

She would be better off never getting drafted. She should have her agent put out the word that she is taking lessons from Torrens on just saying no. Then if she ever does want to go the WNBA she would be a UFA and could pick the team she wants.

zune69

PostPosted: 03/19/18 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

If she falls to 17 I'd take her.

Most definitely...I believe Vivians will be a solid rotation player at the next level.I just don't think she's a lottery pick.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/19/18 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The four lottery picks for the 2018 draft should be, without question, Wilson-Mitchell-Williams-SheShields.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 66 of 93

Jump to: