RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

10 Virginia @ 2 South Carolina 3/18 9 PM ET

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Virginia
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
South Carolina
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

Author Message
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3036
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/17/18 8:14 pm    ::: 10 Virginia @ 2 South Carolina 3/18 9 PM ET Reply Reply with quote

Second Round - Albany Region




Last edited by calbearman76 on 03/18/18 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 3556



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After 14 minutes of play it's 19-16.

This is what's bad for wcbb.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17479



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina hasn't looked like a team that can come even close to beating UCONN. Dawn Staley should be lucky she's a #2 seed.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4890



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is that camera really high up or have I just watched too much basketball this weekend?

I feel like I am in the cheap seats.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
Iluvacc



Joined: 11 Jun 2005
Posts: 2587



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They are really going to miss Wilson next season


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17479



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
They are really going to miss Wilson next season


South Carolina won't even be a top 25 team next season. I wonder if Staley knows that.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10664
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boyle, you're an ass.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 939
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boy, they have this really stupid apples and oranges comparative graph juxtaposing Wilson to the likes of Stewart, Leslie, Parker, and Griner. ESPN stop being so shameless in your philistine effort to over promote her as anyone with a modicum of basketball knowledge knows she does not come close to those four. Just leave it alone, say she had a wonderful career, but compared to those four-no.



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 12551



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This year ESPN has been slobbering over Staley and SCar almost as much as they perrenially slobber over Geno and UConn.

What are they going to do if those two teams play each other next weekend? Who will they cheer for?

It will be like pro wrestling when two faces meet in a match. Somebody has to play the heel for a game.


Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 939
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/18/18 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
This year ESPN has been slobbering over Staley and SCar almost as much as they perrenially slobber over Geno and UConn.

What are they going to do if those two teams play each other next weekend? Who will they cheer for?

It will be like pro wrestling when two faces meet in a match. Somebody has to play the heel for a game.


Well for crying out loud Art, slobbering over the only undefeated team with a legacy of 11 NC's is understandable, maybe be not palatable, but certainly understandable. Cool



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 4812
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/18 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
This year ESPN has been slobbering over Staley and SCar almost as much as they perrenially slobber over Geno and UConn.

What are they going to do if those two teams play each other next weekend? Who will they cheer for?

It will be like pro wrestling when two faces meet in a match. Somebody has to play the heel for a game.


It's not likely to happen, so don't get your drawers in a knot.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57451
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/18 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
After 14 minutes of play it's 19-16.

This is what's bad for wcbb.


Oh please. Those 50-43 and 55-53 games yesterday weren't women's games, and the ESPN talking heads are all over themselves about how awesome both those games were.



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57451
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Boy, they have this really stupid apples and oranges comparative graph juxtaposing Wilson to the likes of Stewart, Leslie, Parker, and Griner. ESPN stop being so shameless in your philistine effort to over promote her as anyone with a modicum of basketball knowledge knows she does not come close to those four. Just leave it alone, say she had a wonderful career, but compared to those four-no.


Wilson's college career compares very favorably to Leslie's



_________________
Ena! Ena!
Akout, akout, an déyè
Chaque amour fi nou wa na né
Chaque amour fi na né
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10664
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/18 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
This year ESPN has been slobbering over Staley and SCar almost as much as they perrenially slobber over Geno and UConn.

What are they going to do if those two teams play each other next weekend? Who will they cheer for?

It will be like pro wrestling when two faces meet in a match. Somebody has to play the heel for a game.


It's not likely to happen, so don't get your drawers in a knot.


Like, it's likely the likeliest of possibilities.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people.
Oldfandepot2



Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 939
Location: Northeast


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/19/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
Boy, they have this really stupid apples and oranges comparative graph juxtaposing Wilson to the likes of Stewart, Leslie, Parker, and Griner. ESPN stop being so shameless in your philistine effort to over promote her as anyone with a modicum of basketball knowledge knows she does not come close to those four. Just leave it alone, say she had a wonderful career, but compared to those four-no.


Wilson's college career compares very favorably to Leslie's


Leslie if you look at the other three is an anomaly having played years before the other players that ESPN used so it looks like ESPN did a lot of historical skimming to cherry pick to come up with those four to prove whatever point they were unsuccessfully trying to prove. If ESPN is saying the Wilson is as good a Parker, a Stewart or a Griner who are more her contemporaries then the comparison is completely bogus.



_________________
Cave Canem!
We must listen to each other no matter how much it hurts. Bishop Desmond Tutu.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin