RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

10 Virginia @ 7 California - 3/16 5 PM ET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Virginia
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
California
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/13/18 12:19 am    ::: 10 Virginia @ 7 California - 3/16 5 PM ET Reply Reply with quote

First Round - Albany Region

Columbia, SC

Last edited by calbearman76 on 03/16/18 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 03/16/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Anigwe for this game

PostPosted: 03/16/18 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is gonna be one ugly game in my opinion.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/16/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
No Anigwe for this game

That might make my bracket pick a little safer.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 03/16/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did they ever figure out why Enigwe was feeling faint (or similar) during a game and had to go to the locker room and then had to come out right away when she went back in later?

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/16/18 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching Aiyeotan play for Virginia, I'd like to see Cal put in Chen Yue to guard her. Yue doesn't have quite the hands, but otherwise I believe she would do quite well.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/16/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Did they ever figure out why Enigwe was feeling faint (or similar) during a game and had to go to the locker room and then had to come out right away when she went back in later?

I thought she clearly had a concussion in that game and couldn't believe Gottlieb put her back in.
Have they said why she is missing this game?

- Amanda Gorman
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/16/18 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
tfan wrote:

I thought she clearly had a concussion in that game and couldn't believe Gottlieb put her back in.

From ESPN:

Quote:
An email from team spokesperson MC Barrett said Cal would have no more comment on why Anigwe is out.

]The school's statement said the 6-foot-4 junior had practiced fully the past two weeks, but could not take part in morning shootaround and would not play in the opener.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/16/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
tfan wrote:

I don't believe it was a concussion the last game but rather a medical condition. Cal is generally very secretive about medical conditions, but has specifically spoken about concussion protocol on several occasions. Since she practiced yesterday I have to suspect it is some kind of condition that they are monitoring closely and she didn't recover properly from yesterday's practice.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to Joanne Boyle and Virginia. I guess I can take some solace in knowing that Cal is the only team to lose by single-digits, and they did it without their best player. I sure hope thay Kristine Anigwe is going to be OK. I was concerned up in Seattle, and I'm even more concerned now.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anigwe's condition may have been exacerbated by the long flight. The change in pressure can definitely have an effect.

Sorry for the Bears that they didn't get to show themselves as a complete team and that the seniors had to end their careers this way. But the next game wasn't going to be pretty anyway, so yeah, hopefully Anigwe can completely recover.

and grats to Virginia for performing well.

- Amanda Gorman
willtalk

PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the good ol days when a illness was unknown it was usually categorized as the vapors.

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/17/18 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anigwe misses a lot of games for a variety of reasons ...

I am unconvinced this is a medical issue, in terms of illness and/or injury, but of course I could be wrong.

PostPosted: 03/17/18 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
tfan wrote:

What is your source for that? Hard to believe she would not want to go in and Gottlieb would force her to or Gottlieb would put her in against current medical policies. I don't see any results regarding her getting a concussion from a search of "Anigwe concussion".

Last edited by tfan on 03/17/18 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/17/18 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Anigwe's condition may have been exacerbated by the long flight. The change in pressure can definitely have an effect.

Sorry for the Bears that they didn't get to show themselves as a complete team and that the seniors had to end their careers this way. But the next game wasn't going to be pretty anyway, so yeah, hopefully Anigwe can completely recover.

and grats to Virginia for performing well.

A sinus infection can do that to you. I speak from experience, having had that happen to me a couple of years ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: