RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

11 Western Kentucky vs 6 Oregon St - 3/16 12 noon ET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
W Kentucky
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Oregon St
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/12/18 11:39 pm    ::: 11 Western Kentucky vs 6 Oregon St - 3/16 12 noon ET Reply Reply with quote

First Round - Lexington Region

@ Knoxville, Tenn

Last edited by calbearman76 on 03/16/18 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/14/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expect this one to be closer than most would think...especially in the first half. OrSU travels a long way and thru all the time zones and then plays at 9 am their time. I think they'll win but I wouldn't be surprised if it takes them awhile to get going.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/14/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

im taking the hilltoppers ! Dont want the LV's to see Oregon state again Laughing

PostPosted: 03/16/18 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gulich showing her stuff inside. Threes raining outside. OrSU cruising. I'm really looking forward to seeing Gulich-Russell matchup.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/16/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes me too. Got that game penciled in.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/16/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suspect some W scouts will have that one penciled in as well.

I wish WKU had gotten a different six seed to play. They're a pretty decent team. I think they might have had better luck against Iowa or So.Florida.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/16/18 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my heart goes out to seniors playing their last game. Ivy Brown having a hard time saying goodbye to bball.

- Amanda Gorman
willtalk

PostPosted: 03/16/18 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I suspect some W scouts will have that one penciled in as well.

I wish WKU had gotten a different six seed to play. They're a pretty decent team. I think they might have had better luck against Iowa or So.Florida.

Oregon St was an underrated 6. I believe that upset loss to Arizona st. might have knocked them down from at least a four. They can play really well, especially when they make an effort to move the ball with quick passes.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/16/18 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon State is good, but it's hard to justify a higher seed based on who they played in the regular season. They only played two decent teams out of conference and lost to both of them. Duke has a substantially superior resume and beat them head-to-head, and the Debs are a #5 seed. A #6 is about right for O-State.

PostPosted: 03/16/18 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Oregon State is good, but it's hard to justify a higher seed based on who they played in the regular season. They only played two decent teams out of conference and lost to both of them. Duke has a substantially superior resume and beat them head-to-head, and the Debs are a #5 seed. A #6 is about right for O-State.

I had them as a 5, but I had no problem with them as a 6. To me they needed 2 wins in the Pac 12 Tourney to host and they got none. But I have to say that for teams in power 5 conferences there is enough data to consider from their conference play that those games should be considered more highly than they seem to be (except for Oklahoma).

I think the Pac 12 was reasonably seeded overall. Oregon won and got the 2 seed. Stanford was second and got to the Pac-12 finals and got a 4 seed. They had a horrible non-conference, in part due to injuries, but they showed their quality and were rewarded. UCLA and Oregon St tied for third, but UCLA played a tougher conference schedule (OSU didn't have to play at Cal and Stanford). UCLA got a 3 seed (which could have been a 4) and Oregon St got a 6 (which could have been a 5). Cal finished 5th, Arizona St 6th, but ASU beat Cal twice. Both are 7 seeds. The only problem was USC, only a game behind ASU, who was left out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: