RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

9 Villanova @ 8 South Dakota St - 3/16 7 PM ET
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Villanova
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
South Dakota St
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/13/18 12:45 am    ::: 9 Villanova @ 8 South Dakota St - 3/16 7 PM ET Reply Reply with quote

First Round - Spokane Region

South Bend, Ind

Last edited by calbearman76 on 03/17/18 2:16 am; edited 2 times in total
lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/14/18 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay Big Easters, what do I need to know about Villanova? Smile

adamj95

PostPosted: 03/14/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Offense:
SDSU: #23 at 78.3 PPG
Villanova: #137 at 66.9 PPG

Defense:
SDSU: #95 at 61.6 PPG
Villanova: #60 at 59.3 PPG

Rebounds:
SDSU: #40 with 1,296 rebounds (Roughly 40.50 a game)
Villanova: #287 with 1,045 rebounds (Roughly 34.833 a game)

Turnovers:
SDSU: #43 at 13.3 turnovers per game
Villanova: #2 at 9.7 turnovers per game

I like the Jacks in this game. Better scoring and rebounding but a few more turnovers.

PostPosted: 03/14/18 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Neither Big nor an Easter, but Nova is known for slow it down, ugly basketball. Happiest if they make you play half court. And they tend to be pretty balanced rather than having one super, super star. Expect lots of threes raining down.

- Amanda Gorman
lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/14/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Neither Big nor an Easter, but Nova is known for slow it down, ugly basketball. Happiest if they make you play half court. And they tend to be pretty balanced rather than having one super, super star. Expect lots of threes raining down.

Thanks! Cant wait to watch in person! Hopefully we are the only team raining 3s! Wink

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/14/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Thanks! Cant wait to watch in person! Hopefully we are the only team raining 3s! Wink

I am outraged that South Dakota St will probably make the Elite Eight (if not further) this year (like they should've two years ago), while Minnesota will be lucky to win one game! Very Happy

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/14/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

I am outraged that South Dakota St will probably make the Elite Eight (if not further) this year (like they should've two years ago), while Minnesota will be lucky to win one game! Very Happy

Go Phoenix! Razz Twisted Evil

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/14/18 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Go Phoenix! Razz Twisted Evil

Usually I only hear those words from a Lynx fan when the Mercury are playing the Sparks. Razz

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/14/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Okay Big Easters, what do I need to know about Villanova? :)

I follow Villanova closely as I have been a fan of Harry Paretta, their coach for the past 40 years, for a long time. This year they have a very balanced team, with 4 players averaging double digits, even though no one averages more than 12 points a game. Everyone shoots 3s, except for Mary Gedaka who comes off the bench but is their second leading scorer. Their most athletic player and top defender is Hannah Tucker who started out at Tennessee.

This year 47% of their shots are from 3 point range, but they have only hit a third of them. They don't turn the ball over (less than 10 per game) but they also don't hit the offensive boards (8 per game). The game will come down to who hits their shots.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/15/18 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Villanova likes to shoot the three. Pretty much everyone on the floor can and will, except maybe for Harry. They usually also have one or two slashing players who open up the floor for everyone else.

They have no compunctions about holding the ball to the last possible few seconds. It will drive you bananas. There are multiple reasons I usually end up referring to them as Villafuckinova.

Harry finally gave up the world's most pathetic combover, so there's that.

Adrianna Hahn has been their most clutch player. She's tiny, but fierce. I'm really impressed with Mary Gedaka's rebounding- she's got a great nose for the ball.

The "missing intestines" story you'll probably hear the most about is the saga of Jannah Tucker, her abusive relationship, and how she transferred from Tennessee. If ESPN shows some dignity and doesn't bring it up, the storyline probably pivots to Peretta having been at Villanova for at least three geological eras, possibly with an aside to one of his all-time greatest players becoming a cloistered nun.

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 03/15/18 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno Auriemma once said playing Nova was like dancing with a corpse. They will slow the game down as much as possible.

PostPosted: 03/15/18 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

Queenie wrote:
They have no compunctions about holding the ball to the last possible few seconds. It will drive you bananas. There are multiple reasons I usually end up referring to them as Villafuckinova.

If you all hear "Villafuckinova" on the broadcast tomorrow, you know where it came from! Wink Laughing

Howee

PostPosted: 03/15/18 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Neither Big nor an Easter ....

Shocked I thought "Big Murdle" was one of your handles at Stanford. Hmm. Let me go check their archives once.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/15/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I miss the UConn-Nova series.

I also miss The Combover. It was able to maintain my interest, even if the game couldn't.

ETA: Btw, the 10-second rule ended Harry's usual 25-second chat w/ his PG when his offense is on the other side of the court. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/15/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Queenie wrote:

If you all hear "Villafuckinova" on the broadcast tomorrow, you know where it came from! Wink Laughing

I remember them taking out Diana Taurasi in the Big East finals that way way back when !

PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great, they just switched from an 8-9 matchup to a 2-15 matchup. Don't they know that half these first-round games are pointless?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow. great offensive output for Nova in the first quarter.

- Amanda Gorman
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Great, they just switched from an 8-9 matchup to a 2-15 matchup. Don't they know that half these first-round games are pointless?

They have three 2-15 match-ups to pick from. I suspect that the only way you'll be able to see the best game this session is to watch on the computer if you have access.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nova couldn’t miss and we committed way too many turnovers.

They are letting it be a physical game which favors Nova. But fuck me that Roy is reffing Mad

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/16/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
tfan wrote:

They have three 2-15 match-ups to pick from. I suspect that the only way you'll be able to see the best game this session is to watch on the computer if you have access.

Yep, quite an exciting day... The Women's game is not ready for a 64 team tournament and it definitely will not grow new followers of the women's game.

Baylor has their bench players,walk-ons and water girls in the game and it's only the 2nd quarter.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/16/18 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Nova couldn’t miss and we committed way too many turnovers.

They are letting it be a physical game which favors Nova. But fuck me that Roy is reffing :x

This is Villanova's game. I don't see it as physical, unless you call setting screens physical. But they are 10-20 from 3 and SDSU is only 1-4. If you tighten up the defense they will cool off.

And 8 turnovers isn't good, but it isn't terrible.

adamj95

PostPosted: 03/16/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

11-2 run for the Jacks, within 3 points! Smile Smile Smile

PostPosted: 03/16/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like #2 for Villanova doesn't use the guide hand on her shot. Reminds me of Bolden for the Gophers.

PostPosted: 03/16/18 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn!!!!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
adamj95

PostPosted: 03/16/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OVERTIME!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: