RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 03/12/18 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nurse to the Dream in Round 3!!! If only. Hell, I'd take her in Round 2.

stever

PostPosted: 03/12/18 10:58 am    ::: WNBA fate could be out of Katelynn Flaherty's hands Reply Reply with quote

https://www.michigandaily.com/section/womens-basketball/katelynn-flaherty-wnba-draft

Quote:
Flaherty will likely get a chance to prove herself. An anonymous WNBA talent evaluator described her as a likely late second-round pick with potential to go in the third, but was skeptical of her chances to make a team.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/12/18 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems to me that her best chance would be if she got drafted (2nd round) by a team needing help in the backcourt, had cap issues but no first round pick......Not sure if there is any team like that. Maybe MN, but they may only carry 11 anyway, and now have 4 guards.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/12/18 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Seems to me that her best chance would be if she got drafted (2nd round) by a team needing help in the backcourt, had cap issues but no first round pick......Not sure if there is any team like that. Maybe MN, but they may only carry 11 anyway, and now have 4 guards.

Having a chance to attend camp, get pointers, and then work on them while playing overseas has worked for some folks.

Also, I do not know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if the Lynx feel they need 12 folks this season.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/12/18 12:21 pm    ::: Re: WNBA fate could be out of Katelynn Flaherty's hands Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://www.michigandaily.com/section/womens-basketball/katelynn-flaherty-wnba-draft

Quote:
Flaherty will likely get a chance to prove herself. An anonymous WNBA talent evaluator described her as a likely late second-round pick with potential to go in the third, but was skeptical of her chances to make a team.

Repost. Breakdown about 9 posts above.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 03/12/18 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

No cap issues this year. They lost 3 vets plus Howard who was going to be a vet... and signed 2 vets back. Unless maybe they add another vet they should be going with 12.

I can’t see MIN drafting Flaherty over their own. They have a tradition of drafting their own.... of course Griffith is no longer there so I suppose that could change.

If you refer to my breakdown of the article above a dozen posts above, you’ll see this “talent evaluator” in the article is a female WNBA coach. And she said she’d consider drafting Flaherty but doesn’t think she’d have much of a chance sticking on the roster. Is the talent evaluator Collen, Chatman, Stocks, Reeve or Smith?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/12/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Draftsite has updated their mock, including all trades and has added a lot of players to it's database.

https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2018/

Seriously who puts these mocks together for them ? Tyler scaife at #24 Laughing

PostPosted: 03/12/18 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bump

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 03/12/18 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
blaase22

PostPosted: 03/12/18 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Draftsite has updated their mock, including all trades and has added a lot of players to it's database.

Seriously who puts these mocks together for them ? Tyler scaife at #24 Laughing

I seriously doubt there are 23 better players in this draft Shocked

And Nurse four picks later lol
Question is why does this shades person keep posting that joke of a mock?

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/12/18 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I actually think the latest Megdal draft is pretty good through the 1st round...

Randy

PostPosted: 03/12/18 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

No cap issues this year. They lost 3 vets plus Howard who was going to be a vet... and signed 2 vets back. Unless maybe they add another vet they should be going with 12.

I can’t see MIN drafting Flaherty over their own. They have a tradition of drafting their own.... of course Griffith is no longer there so I suppose that could change.

If you refer to my breakdown of the article above a dozen posts above, you’ll see this “talent evaluator” in the article is a female WNBA coach. And she said she’d consider drafting Flaherty but doesn’t think she’d have much of a chance sticking on the roster. Is the talent evaluator Collen, Chatman, Stocks, Reeve or Smith?

I wasn't too sure of the situation for the Lynx just trying to figure where a player like her would have best shot. Dream have no first round pick but really don't need another guard.

We know only the evaluator person is female. It could be a head coach, an assistant coach, GM, or a scout employed by a team. I suppose it could even be a TV analyst. So the universe of "female talent evaluators" is pretty big. If I was going to guess - I'd start by looking at what WNBA teams are closest to Michigan.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/12/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7bkQZoZSGZM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/13/18 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Russell, Meesseman, and Delle Donne would be one slow front court.
Shades

PostPosted: 03/13/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Senior Watch: 2018 NCAA Tournament Is Set

http://www.wnba.com/news/senior-watch-2018-ncaa-tournament-set/

Albany Region
Gabby Williams, No 1. Connecticut
Kia Nurse, No. 1 Connecticut
A’ja Wilson, No. 2 South Carolina
Shakayla Thomas, No. 3 Florida State
AJ Alix, No. 3 Florida State
Lexie Brown, No. 5 Duke
Rebecca Greenwell, No. 5 Duke

Kansas City Region
Victoria Vivians, No. 1 Mississippi State
Morgan William, No. 1 Mississippi State
Jordin Canada, No. 3 UCLA
Monique Billings, No. 3 UCLA
Ariel Atkins, No. 2 Texas
Brooke McCarty, No. 2 Texas
Loryn Goodwin, No. 9 Oklahoma State
Kaylee Jensen, No. 9 Oklahoma State

Spokane Region
Kelsey Mitchell, No. 3 Ohio State
Stephanie Mavunga, No. 3 Ohio State
Lexi Bando, No. 2 Oregon
Vionise Pierre-Louis, No. 12 Oklahoma
Gabbi Ortiz, No. 12 Oklahoma

Lexington Region
Myisha Hines-Allen, No. 1 Louisville
Jaime Nared, No. 3 Tennessee
Mercedes Russell, No. 3 Tennessee
Brittany McPhee, No. 4 Stanford
Marie Gülich, No. 6 Oregon State
Katelynn Flaherty, No. 7 Michigan

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/14/18 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So are there any likely draftees who did not make the tourny?

Who is the best of the rest?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/14/18 2:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So are there any likely draftees who did not make the tourny?

The names that occur to me are
Tyra Buss (IND) WNIT
Taeler Deer (TSU) WNIT (not a prospect to me but Megdal has been hyping)
Diamond DeShields (TUR)
Teana Muldrow (WVU) WNIT
Raisa Musina (RUS) EuroLeague
Tyler Scaife (RUT) No tourney
Maria Vadeeva (RUS) EuroLeague

ClayK

PostPosted: 03/14/18 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do not see Tyra Buss as a legitimate WNBA prospect. A short, slender guard who gets most of her points in the paint does not fit the profile of a WNBA player.

PostPosted: 03/14/18 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I do not see Tyra Buss as a legitimate WNBA prospect. A short, slender guard who gets most of her points in the paint does not fit the profile of a WNBA player.

Somebody might take her just to look pretty on the bench.

(now with spelling variations)
Shades

PostPosted: 03/14/18 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I dunno.... she was hitting a lot of threes against my team. Had successive 35+ pt games late in the season.

She fits the profile of a draftee, which is what Spooner asked for. I’d be a little surprised if she doesn’t get drafted, but not making the big tournament doesn’t help.

But not making the tournament didn’t hurt Banham too much, so who knows.

A reminder again that Curt Miller recruited her for Indiana, so I’m sure he’ll think she’s the bees knees.

I’ve seen Flaherty rated pretty high, first round or close to it. I think that’s way too high. I think Buss is actually the better prospect in comparison to Flaherty because of her toughness. A little bit of that Becky Hammon factor, but I’m not sure Buss has her circus shot down like Hammon did.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/14/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I dunno.... she was hitting a lot of threes against my team. Had successive 35+ pt games late in the season.

She fits the profile of a draftee, which is what Spooner asked for. I’d be a little surprised if she doesn’t get drafted, but not making the big tournament doesn’t help.

But not making the tournament didn’t hurt Banham too much, so who knows.

A reminder again that Curt Miller recruited her for Indiana, so I’m sure he’ll think she’s the bees knees.

I’ve seen Flaherty rated pretty high, first round or close to it. I think that’s way too high. I think Buss is actually the better prospect in comparison to Flaherty because of her toughness. A little bit of that Becky Hammon factor, but I’m not sure Buss has her circus shot down like Hammon did.

She's also not a first-team All-American who led her team to consistent Top 10 rankings as a senior. Becky Hammon was both of those things.

Rachel Banham seems a pretty good reason not to expect much from players who can't get their teams into the NCAAs. Her career so far is a lesson that the league should learn from.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/14/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I said that Buss has “a little bit of that Becky Hammon factor” for her toughness and fearlessness. I didn’t say she was her clone. One thing that they might not have in common is Hammon wasn’t drafted.

Anyway, here’s Curt Miller on recruiting Tyra Buss.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mKOIqy5DqL0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/14/18 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

If Nurse and Atkins go in the third round, tea will be blurbling out my nose.

- Amanda Gorman
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/14/18 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

If Nurse and Atkins go in the third round, tea will be blurbling out my nose.

Stranger Things have happened on draft day. Don't drink anything or have any sharp objects nearby on draft night. Wink

PostPosted: 03/14/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Russell should push either Akhator or Lewis out of a job , most likely Lewis. She was not very useful last season . Akhator probably sticks one more year to give people time to forget about Fred's horrible decision Embarassed

Fred isn't the GM, do you have inside info that he pushed for her?

Last edited by tfan on 03/14/18 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
awhom111

PostPosted: 03/14/18 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just thinking about the international prospects a bit, it is still a little crazy how the age difference works. Park Ji-Su and Olbis Futo Andre' are both younger than a number of college freshmen like Megan Walker, Chennedy Carter, and Evina Westbrook.

Secretly for possible commercial reasons down the line, I kind of want Park to be picked by the Sparks. If not for the whole Westchester thing, I would have wanted to see Vadeeva or Musina picked by the Liberty. Dumb question, but were the Sky ever marketed to the local Serb community when they had Petrovic? I know that the Fire have tried to make inroads there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 64 of 93

Jump to: