RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Any way to watch older games? (First time here in a decade)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Samaria



Joined: 03 May 2005
Posts: 665
Location: MICHIGAN


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/18 5:34 pm    ::: Any way to watch older games? (First time here in a decade) Reply Reply with quote

So I was a die-hard Detroit Shock fan and used to post here regularly, but haven't been here in a decade or so. I sort of randomly decided to see if this board is still active, and ended up somehow remembering log-in info. What a blast from the past, I'm in tears reading the old posts. I wonder if anyone is left from that Rebkell era. I have no idea.

Anyway, my sister and I lived and breathed for the Shock. Our family was always season ticket holders. We recorded all the games, by vcr and eventually cable but now all is lost. I was a kid back then, my stepmom threw out all the tapes. I have no more footage of a team that helped me through my childhood. I was with them when they were first a team (when they sucked), and I was there for every championship. The players knew us so well that we ran out on the court for their 2nd championship and the players hugged us and celebrated with us!

Does anyone know any person or website that has archived all the games? I miss my team, and we recorded so many games that have so much meaning to me. I know might be hopeless, but is there any way to see old WNBA games?



_________________
Formerly known as lilswin2003
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8503



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/18 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I found this on youtube


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv_lLH5dGEw

There are some others.



_________________
Lodestar
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18688



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/18 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I found this on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv_lLH5dGEw

Hillary & Bill at the game ... Jae Kingi with the assist to Rachael Sporn ... Suuuuuuuuue Wicks ... good times Smile

I've still got my recordings of the Detroit-Phoenix finals series. I really need to put that up on YouTube sometime.
One thing I was actually planning to do once the boards are upgraded is start a thread specifically for links to old games like that one above.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/11/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, you! How's the fam? Are you still writing?

Unfortunately, I have no tapes to offer. Fortunately, the Shock's former PR guy hangs out on this board. Maybe he's got something.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7491
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/12/18 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh wow im not the only person who use to record games via VHS before cable allowed to archive! I had about 20 different tapes with 3 games a piece recorded. Luuc the old games thread is a GREAT idea!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15325
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/12/18 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Randy wrote:
I found this on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv_lLH5dGEw

Hillary & Bill at the game ... Jae Kingi with the assist to Rachael Sporn ... Suuuuuuuuue Wicks ... good times Smile

I've still got my recordings of the Detroit-Phoenix finals series. I really need to put that up on YouTube sometime.
One thing I was actually planning to do once the boards are upgraded is start a thread specifically for links to old games like that one above.


Yes pleaseeeeeee Surprised Surprised Surprised



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9627
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have dozens of VHS tapes from ~2001-2009 as well. Even the college tournament games! Razz

Let me know if you want them.. Exclamation

I stopped recording them after a fan started recording all the LiveAccess feeds and putting them on YouTube. However, a couple years ago, the W shut down his channel for copyright violations.. Shocked

Therefore, if anyone here plans on posting them, I'd suggest doing it on a new/separate account that you don't use.. Idea



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
meegsz



Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 207
Location: Melbourne, Australia


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Randy wrote:
I found this on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv_lLH5dGEw

Hillary & Bill at the game ... Jae Kingi with the assist to Rachael Sporn ... Suuuuuuuuue Wicks ... good times Smile

I've still got my recordings of the Detroit-Phoenix finals series. I really need to put that up on YouTube sometime.
One thing I was actually planning to do once the boards are upgraded is start a thread specifically for links to old games like that one above.


Yes pleaseeeeeee Surprised Surprised Surprised


Totally second this!! Smile
I've wanted to see this series for years.....!


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7491
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

meegsz wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Randy wrote:
I found this on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv_lLH5dGEw

Hillary & Bill at the game ... Jae Kingi with the assist to Rachael Sporn ... Suuuuuuuuue Wicks ... good times Smile

I've still got my recordings of the Detroit-Phoenix finals series. I really need to put that up on YouTube sometime.
One thing I was actually planning to do once the boards are upgraded is start a thread specifically for links to old games like that one above.


Yes pleaseeeeeee Surprised Surprised Surprised


Totally second this!! Smile
I've wanted to see this series for years.....!


You can watch Game 5 of that series on you tube and i believe Game 3 . But the resolution for Game 5 .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12407



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/17/18 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I used to record all the Libs games. Similarly as well the team got me through life's ups and downs. I don't have them anymore. I had the Spoon shot game on DVR but lost it when my DVR broke.

The move to WCC has me very uneasy about the future of my team.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin