RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tillerson Out - Pompeo In as Sec. of State

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/13/18 7:57 am    ::: Tillerson Out - Pompeo In as Sec. of State Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Gina Haspel will become the first woman director of the CIA, Trump said. Both she and Pompeo will have to be confirmed by the Senate.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/03/13/secretary-state-rex-tillerson-ousted-favor-cia-chief-trump-announces/419363002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 03/13/18 8:30 am    ::: Re: Tillerson Out - Pompeo In as Sec. of State Reply Reply with quote

It won't get as much attention as the SOS changes, but Gina Haspel as CIA director should disturb anyone.

For example:

Quote:
Ms. Haspel, who has spent most of her career undercover, would certainly fall within Mr. Pompeo’s description. She played a direct role in the C.I.A.’s “extraordinary rendition program,” under which captured militants were handed to foreign governments and held at secret facilities, where they were tortured by agency personnel.

The C.I.A.’s first overseas detention site was in Thailand. It was run by Ms. Haspel, who oversaw the brutal interrogations of two detainees, Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri.

Mr. Zubaydah alone was waterboarded 83 times in a single month, had his head repeatedly slammed into walls and endured other harsh methods before interrogators decided he had no useful information to provide.

The sessions were videotaped and the recordings stored in a safe at the C.I.A. station in Thailand until 2005, when they were ordered destroyed. By then, Ms. Haspel was serving at C.I.A. headquarters, and it was her name that was on the cable carrying the destruction orders.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/us/politics/cia-deputy-director-gina-haspel-torture-thailand.html

tfan

PostPosted: 03/13/18 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A thorough list of everything the CIA has secretly done over the years would probably disturb anyone. We have all these people on TV who bray about "Democracy in the Middle East" and none of them would ever say a peep about the CIA hand in overthrowing the Democracy in Iran in favor of a "Shah". The Iranian leader having had the audacity to want to nationalize their oil fields.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/13/18 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and trump's still a punk-ass bitch. he's too much of a coward to fire anyone face to face. tillerson and the state dept. learned the news via twitter.

PostPosted: 03/13/18 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
and trump's still a punk-ass bitch. he's too much of a coward to fire anyone face to face. tillerson and the state dept. learned the news via twitter.

Very bizarre. On the other hand Tillerson did call him a moron. Dumping someone in the most disrespectful humiliating way seems to be something in Trump's leadership toolbox.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/13/18 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
sambista wrote:

Very bizarre. On the other hand Tillerson did call him a moron. Dumping someone in the most disrespectful humiliating way seems to be something in Trump's leadership toolbox.

if i were still working, i'd forsake my j-card just to ask trump, "did you fire mr. tillerson because he called you a moron?"

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

PostPosted: 03/13/18 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
sambista wrote:

if i were still working, i'd forsake my j-card just to ask trump, "did you fire mr. tillerson because he called you a moron?"

Oh I think we'll be hearing that question shouted across the south lawn any day now.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/13/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
sambista wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
sambista wrote:

Oh I think we'll be hearing that question shouted across the south lawn any day now.

that would be so wrong, but maybe not in the age of trump.

PostPosted: 03/13/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
sambista wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
sambista wrote:

that would be so wrong, but maybe not in the age of trump.

They've already shouted asking did he have an affair with Stormy Daniels.

Look. I'm all for him firing anyone on his cabinet that he wants to. I don't care how he does it. They all fucking need to go. Every single one of them. So whatever works for the boss (which is to say the jackass who put them there.) I think there is a net gain here as we end up with seasoned CIA leadership actually leading the CIA. That's got to be better than Pompeo there and Tillerson heading the state dept. Which by ALL accounts has been a disaster of the first order.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/13/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tillerson just gave a press conference and he sounded shook up. He shouldn't have been surprised, neither at the timing or the handling of it. I just read a day or two ago that when they added Trump and Haley's photos at the United Nations, they did not add Tillerson's in the spot where Hillary Clinton and John Kerry's photos had hung.

Gloria Allred just said on CNN that she thinks Tillerson was "seething" during the press conference and pointed out that he never said Trump's name.

I was very surprised that Tillerson was willing to give up a job as CEO of ExxonMobil to work for Trump. Makes me wonder if Trump can seem like a nice person for a short period of time during the interview process.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/13/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump's a charmer. He'll kiss anyone's ass to get want he wants and then dump them as soon as they've serviced him. That's (partially) how he won the election.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sambista

PostPosted: 03/13/18 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

is kelly next? if he is, the cage doors will be wide open.

PostPosted: 03/13/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yesterday Tillerson says that the U.K. poisoning "clearly came from Russia" and that it will "trigger a response".

Today he is out.

Coincidence?

PostPosted: 03/13/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Yesterday Tillerson says that the U.K. poisoning "clearly came from Russia" and that it will "trigger a response".

Today he is out.

Coincidence?

no.

PostPosted: 03/15/18 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

....and after all, it's so EASY to establish good relations with friendly AND unfriendly countries on a monthly-or-so basis. Really.

NEXTTTT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: