RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fourth #1 seed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who SHOULD BE the fourth "1 seed
Baylor
51%
 51%  [ 20 ]
Notre Dame
48%
 48%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 39

CBiebel

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was doing a schedule comparison between ND and Baylor and found something rather interesting.

The 3rd best RPI among Baylor's OOC opponents is Georgia Tech at #68. The 3rd worst RPI among ND's OOC opponents is Michigan St. at #65.

That means that all but 2 of Baylor's OOC opponents have a worse RPI than all but 2 of ND's OOC opponents.

Talk about a difference in scheduling philosophy.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/06/18 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
The bottom line is this:

ND will get the easiest #2 in Oregon. ND fans will bitch about it on forums across the land

Not really. Most ND fans online have already discussed all this and figured ND was going to Oregon and will play Oregon there, even before the ACCT. And now we're definitely the 4th #1 seed, so we're going to be sent the farthest anyway.

So ND fans are not putting up the facade of getting screwed this year, or the bitching has already happened?

Well, you have to have an argument (like, say "It isn't right that UConn always has the BET in the HCC!" That's a valid complaint. Some UConn fans might want to think it wasn't relevant, but they weren't exactly being unbiased in their analysis.)

You are acting like none of the complaints in the past had any validity to them. Cases could be made for both sides.

We've already had a lot of "where are we likely to end up?" discussions. I mean, it isn't like with UConn where it has been predetermined before the season. Considering the state of the seeds and locations, it was fairly obvious that there was going to be a #1 seed a lot closer to Lexington than ND, and that team had beaten ND in the regular season, so even if ND had beaten them in the ACCT (which didn't happen anyway), they'd have an argument to have them go there. Add to that the fact that ND has gone to Lexington the last 2 years anyway.

Then you have who the #2 seed is likely to be. Which is better for ND, Oregon in a home game for them or Baylor in Lexington? Oregon is likely a better match-up for ND anyway between those two.

And as I said, throw in that ND would clearly be, based on record, the fourth #1 seed and really how can we complain? In fact, a few of us were saying how Oregon getting the 4th #1 seed and ND getting the #2 in Spokane really wouldn't be that different from ND getting the #1 seed in Spokane and Oregon getting the #2.

You see, most ND fans are much more rational than you think...oh wait a minute...

You said "ND fans will bitch about it on forums across the land." I don't see the word "Some" in there. Whenever I say anything about "UConn fans" without saying "some" you give me the riot act about how you have to always say "some" and not group them all in together. It's a bit hypocritical of you to not do the same with ND fans right? Well?

I really think you should apologize and say that "SOME" of the ND fans might say something. You wouldn't want to be a hypocrite after all, right? Wink

Looks like you finally understand the point I've made all these years.

My work is done. Wink

PostPosted: 03/06/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I don't get why Creme thinks Texas would go to KC instead of Baylor. To me, if they use the geographic flavor to fudge the S curve, Baylor is in KC, then going with the S curve put So Caro in Lexington and Texas in Albany. If Texas gets beat again, they are clearly the worst #2 and not close.

I think it is close , So Carolina got creamed by UCONN , Texas had a legit shot to win . Eye test wise , Texas is Muchh better than So. Carolina . But people want to see Texas vs UCONN again vs So.Carolina getting creamed again .

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't texas lose a Post also since then?

linkster

PostPosted: 03/06/18 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If, as someone pointed, it's absurd to consider Spokane a home court for Oregon then solve the N Dame-Baylor argument by sending both to Spokane as the 1 & 2. Personally I agree that Oregon wouldn't have a home court advantage but like Louisville in Lexington they would have the crowd behind them.

What I don't like is the committee using geography to explain some placements and then the S curve or "regional balance" for others.

I agree that they should rank the 16 teams, place the 1's by geography and the 2's by the S curve.

Holding the regionals in one city would solve all of it but would also deny the committee the opportunity to use their conflicting rules to connive.

Durantula

PostPosted: 03/06/18 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly Graves spent a long time at Gonzaga, he has a lot of supporters there. I think Gonzaga fans would come out in big numbers to support Graves. It would be a good home court advantage

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/12/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The bottom line is this:

ND will get the easiest #2 in Oregon. ND fans will bitch about it on forums across the land but privately will think "well, w/ all our injuries, we DESERVE the softest #2".

Meanwhile, the team that beat them every time they played them will get Baylor, who is BY FAR the best #2, and may be the best team in the country even w/o Wallace, who was having a surprisingly (to most) great year.

Now that I've said that, watch Texas beat them tomorrow.

MS ST will go to KC and have Tex as the #2 and SCar will go to Albany.

It's still Wimmins Basketball and competitive integrity is far down the list of concerns for the SelCom.

Doing my Mussolini on the balcony routine....

PostPosted: 03/13/18 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
The bottom line is this:

ND will get the easiest #2 in Oregon. ND fans will bitch about it on forums across the land but privately will think "well, w/ all our injuries, we DESERVE the softest #2".

Meanwhile, the team that beat them every time they played them will get Baylor, who is BY FAR the best #2, and may be the best team in the country even w/o Wallace, who was having a surprisingly (to most) great year.

Now that I've said that, watch Texas beat them tomorrow.

MS ST will go to KC and have Tex as the #2 and SCar will go to Albany.

It's still Wimmins Basketball and competitive integrity is far down the list of concerns for the SelCom.

Doing my Mussolini on the balcony routine....

Why? I haven't seen any ND fans "bitch about it on forums across the land" or say that " w/ all our injuries, we DESERVE the softest #2".
Maybe you can post links to those comments. Wink

Considering that, I'd say that's not that good of a prediction.

As for the rest, wow, you predicted ND/Oregon and Louisville/Baylor? You mean like about 80% (at least) of the people who follow the sport?

ND was widely considered the last #1 based on the Committee's reveals and a close ACCT loss, which wouldn't have been enough to knock them out. You think Oregon wasn't going to get the #2 seed out west? Please!

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/13/18 7:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm taking bows for getting the placements correct.

Crissakes ... As hard as it may seem to be for you to realize, it's not always all about nd and its fans.

Rolling Eyes

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: