RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

9 Villanova @ 8 South Dakota St - 3/16 7 PM ET
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins
Villanova
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
South Dakota St
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Message
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3125
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/13/18 12:45 am    ::: 9 Villanova @ 8 South Dakota St - 3/16 7 PM ET Reply Reply with quote

First Round - Spokane Region

South Bend, Ind




Last edited by calbearman76 on 03/17/18 2:16 am; edited 2 times in total
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8370
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay Big Easters, what do I need to know about Villanova? Smile


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1570



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Offense:
SDSU: #23 at 78.3 PPG
Villanova: #137 at 66.9 PPG

Defense:
SDSU: #95 at 61.6 PPG
Villanova: #60 at 59.3 PPG

Rebounds:
SDSU: #40 with 1,296 rebounds (Roughly 40.50 a game)
Villanova: #287 with 1,045 rebounds (Roughly 34.833 a game)

Turnovers:
SDSU: #43 at 13.3 turnovers per game
Villanova: #2 at 9.7 turnovers per game

I like the Jacks in this game. Better scoring and rebounding but a few more turnovers.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23312



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Okay Big Easters, what do I need to know about Villanova? Smile


Neither Big nor an Easter, but Nova is known for slow it down, ugly basketball. Happiest if they make you play half court. And they tend to be pretty balanced rather than having one super, super star. Expect lots of threes raining down.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8370
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Okay Big Easters, what do I need to know about Villanova? Smile


Neither Big nor an Easter, but Nova is known for slow it down, ugly basketball. Happiest if they make you play half court. And they tend to be pretty balanced rather than having one super, super star. Expect lots of threes raining down.


Thanks! Cant wait to watch in person! Hopefully we are the only team raining 3s! Wink


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3531
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Okay Big Easters, what do I need to know about Villanova? Smile


Neither Big nor an Easter, but Nova is known for slow it down, ugly basketball. Happiest if they make you play half court. And they tend to be pretty balanced rather than having one super, super star. Expect lots of threes raining down.


Thanks! Cant wait to watch in person! Hopefully we are the only team raining 3s! Wink


I am outraged that South Dakota St will probably make the Elite Eight (if not further) this year (like they should've two years ago), while Minnesota will be lucky to win one game! Very Happy


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8370
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Okay Big Easters, what do I need to know about Villanova? Smile


Neither Big nor an Easter, but Nova is known for slow it down, ugly basketball. Happiest if they make you play half court. And they tend to be pretty balanced rather than having one super, super star. Expect lots of threes raining down.


Thanks! Cant wait to watch in person! Hopefully we are the only team raining 3s! Wink


I am outraged that South Dakota St will probably make the Elite Eight (if not further) this year (like they should've two years ago), while Minnesota will be lucky to win one game! Very Happy


Go Phoenix! Razz Twisted Evil


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3531
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Okay Big Easters, what do I need to know about Villanova? Smile


Neither Big nor an Easter, but Nova is known for slow it down, ugly basketball. Happiest if they make you play half court. And they tend to be pretty balanced rather than having one super, super star. Expect lots of threes raining down.


Thanks! Cant wait to watch in person! Hopefully we are the only team raining 3s! Wink


I am outraged that South Dakota St will probably make the Elite Eight (if not further) this year (like they should've two years ago), while Minnesota will be lucky to win one game! Very Happy


Go Phoenix! Razz Twisted Evil


Usually I only hear those words from a Lynx fan when the Mercury are playing the Sparks. Razz


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3125
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Okay Big Easters, what do I need to know about Villanova? :)


I follow Villanova closely as I have been a fan of Harry Paretta, their coach for the past 40 years, for a long time. This year they have a very balanced team, with 4 players averaging double digits, even though no one averages more than 12 points a game. Everyone shoots 3s, except for Mary Gedaka who comes off the bench but is their second leading scorer. Their most athletic player and top defender is Hannah Tucker who started out at Tennessee.

This year 47% of their shots are from 3 point range, but they have only hit a third of them. They don't turn the ball over (less than 10 per game) but they also don't hit the offensive boards (8 per game). The game will come down to who hits their shots.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/15/18 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Villanova likes to shoot the three. Pretty much everyone on the floor can and will, except maybe for Harry. They usually also have one or two slashing players who open up the floor for everyone else.

They have no compunctions about holding the ball to the last possible few seconds. It will drive you bananas. There are multiple reasons I usually end up referring to them as Villafuckinova.

Harry finally gave up the world's most pathetic combover, so there's that.

Adrianna Hahn has been their most clutch player. She's tiny, but fierce. I'm really impressed with Mary Gedaka's rebounding- she's got a great nose for the ball.

The "missing intestines" story you'll probably hear the most about is the saga of Jannah Tucker, her abusive relationship, and how she transferred from Tennessee. If ESPN shows some dignity and doesn't bring it up, the storyline probably pivots to Peretta having been at Villanova for at least three geological eras, possibly with an aside to one of his all-time greatest players becoming a cloistered nun.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57578
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/15/18 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno Auriemma once said playing Nova was like dancing with a corpse. They will slow the game down as much as possible.



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8370
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/15/18 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

Queenie wrote:
They have no compunctions about holding the ball to the last possible few seconds. It will drive you bananas. There are multiple reasons I usually end up referring to them as Villafuckinova.


If you all hear "Villafuckinova" on the broadcast tomorrow, you know where it came from! Wink Laughing


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 11236
Location: Oklahoma (in my heart), whilst on my way to Oregon!


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/15/18 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Okay Big Easters, what do I need to know about Villanova? Smile


Neither Big nor an Easter ....


Shocked I thought "Big Murdle" was one of your handles at Stanford. Hmm. Let me go check their archives once.



_________________
Oklahoma: Go Sooners! Oregon: Go Ducks!
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10939
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/15/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I miss the UConn-Nova series.

I also miss The Combover. It was able to maintain my interest, even if the game couldn't.

ETA: Btw, the 10-second rule ended Harry's usual 25-second chat w/ his PG when his offense is on the other side of the court. Laughing



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7588
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/15/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Queenie wrote:
They have no compunctions about holding the ball to the last possible few seconds. It will drive you bananas. There are multiple reasons I usually end up referring to them as Villafuckinova.


If you all hear "Villafuckinova" on the broadcast tomorrow, you know where it came from! Wink Laughing


I remember them taking out Diana Taurasi in the Big East finals that way way back when !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6848



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great, they just switched from an 8-9 matchup to a 2-15 matchup. Don't they know that half these first-round games are pointless?


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23312



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wow. great offensive output for Nova in the first quarter.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4971



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Great, they just switched from an 8-9 matchup to a 2-15 matchup. Don't they know that half these first-round games are pointless?


They have three 2-15 match-ups to pick from. I suspect that the only way you'll be able to see the best game this session is to watch on the computer if you have access.



_________________
neverthless she persisted
lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8370
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nova couldn’t miss and we committed way too many turnovers.

They are letting it be a physical game which favors Nova. But fuck me that Roy is reffing Mad


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5837



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
tfan wrote:
Great, they just switched from an 8-9 matchup to a 2-15 matchup. Don't they know that half these first-round games are pointless?


They have three 2-15 match-ups to pick from. I suspect that the only way you'll be able to see the best game this session is to watch on the computer if you have access.


Yep, quite an exciting day... The Women's game is not ready for a 64 team tournament and it definitely will not grow new followers of the women's game.

Baylor has their bench players,walk-ons and water girls in the game and it's only the 2nd quarter.


calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3125
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Nova couldn’t miss and we committed way too many turnovers.

They are letting it be a physical game which favors Nova. But fuck me that Roy is reffing :x


This is Villanova's game. I don't see it as physical, unless you call setting screens physical. But they are 10-20 from 3 and SDSU is only 1-4. If you tighten up the defense they will cool off.

And 8 turnovers isn't good, but it isn't terrible.


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1570



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

11-2 run for the Jacks, within 3 points! Smile Smile Smile



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1570



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like #2 for Villanova doesn't use the guide hand on her shot. Reminds me of Bolden for the Gophers.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4971



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn!!!!!!!



_________________
neverthless she persisted
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1570



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OVERTIME!



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin