RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Selection Monday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/12/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
I am sick of seeing that replay of William making that shot but S Carolina fans should feel insulted that ESPN basically ignores the fact that the Gamecocks won the title.

Seriously lol they have to be the most unknown defending champion in history Laughing

No... Texas A&M

Yeah your right , such a boring champion that year. Notre Dame gave it away smh

Never forget that Gary Blair won as many titles with Danielle Adams as Kim Mulkey could with Griner! 🙊

bucks4now

PostPosted: 03/12/18 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
I am sick of seeing that replay of William making that shot but S Carolina fans should feel insulted that ESPN basically ignores the fact that the Gamecocks won the title.

Seriously lol they have to be the most unknown defending champion in history Laughing

No... Texas A&M

Yeah your right , such a boring champion that year. Notre Dame gave it away smh

Never forget that Gary Blair won as many titles with Danielle Adams as Kim Mulkey could with Griner! 🙊

What was Blair's quote about Disney World?

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 03/12/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What does Andy Landers bring to this broadcast?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/12/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The worst part of the Committee Chair question/interview was LaChina allowing her to talk nonsense and be all “wow great answer. You are killing these questions.” LaChina is better than that. Confused

mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/12/18 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One thing that drives me crazy is that they will have four games going on at the same time the first few days with only one network airing games. I understand they aren’t going to use 4 like the men do, but they can’t even use ESPNU as an alternate? Or stagger game times by 20 mins each?

blaase22

PostPosted: 03/12/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who did oklahoma pay to get in lol

linkster

PostPosted: 03/12/18 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Every year, it's made clearer and clearer: it's not what you do, it's who you do. Or something like that. As long as you schedule the right teams, you don't even have to win the games. Here's your participation trophy- I mean tournament bid.

You don't even have to schedule. Just be in the right P5 conference. Okl gets 4 games vs Texas & Baylor in their "opponents" list and in their "opponents opponents" list they get 4 games against those same 2 teams X the other 7 teams in their conference plus the games Baylor plays vs Texas.

When you have a small conference that plays home and home all you need are a couple of strong teams to guarantee a high SOS.

justintyme

PostPosted: 03/12/18 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Every year, it's made clearer and clearer: it's not what you do, it's who you do.

Is it too soon for a Harvey Weinstein joke here?

Yeah, the double dip on SOS is stupid, and leads to stupid results. While I understand that there needs to be something to equalize the field and not reward teams that literally play no one of consequence, putting so much of a focus on it is a major fail.

PostPosted: 03/12/18 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma???? Oklahoma?????

Are you friggin kidding me???

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

Ques: Why was Purdue put in instead of Iowa?
ans: We thought Purdue was stronger

I was in the kitchen, but I thought that it was Indiana that the person was asking about. Not sure that it would make a difference though.

Too funny when Maria referred to Muffet as ACC coach of the year!!! I think that noise you heard was Jeff's head exploding! Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Oklahoma???? Oklahoma?????

Are you friggin kidding me???

Not that the Big Ten was any great shakes this year, but egads, the entire conference got hosed.

(now with spelling variations)
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
The worst part of the Committee Chair question/interview was LaChina allowing her to talk nonsense and be all “wow great answer. You are killing these questions.” LaChina is better than that. Confused

I guess she's just another espn shill. It was pathetic. The s-curve answer didn't address the question.

So phony.

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The thing I totally don't understand is with the #2 seeds. Texas is clearly the worst #2. Why aren't they sent to Albany, Baylor to KC, and SC to Lexington?

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

I guess she's just another espn shill. It was pathetic. The s-curve answer didn't address the question.

So phony.

well, she didn't hhhmmm and haaah like previous head but rather blurted out her answers like a machine gun and apparently that was what impressed LaChina.

- Amanda Gorman
Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First , I don’t understand how Creighton and Oklahoma got in while USC did not.... Second, there was too much of the fakey flakey crap. Just present the teams and the strategy of how they were picked and placed. You would never see any of that “she-ro” crap on the men’s selection show. Women deserve respect as athletes, without the crap detracting from their sikills.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
What does Andy Landers bring to this broadcast?

Old western hillbilly stories about Georgia back in their Highlight hay days. I somehow get the feeling he does not enjoy working with Nell Fortner Laughing Body language and facial expressions told it all during the SEC tourney.

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
linkster wrote:

Ques: Why was Purdue put in instead of Iowa?
ans: We thought Purdue was stronger

I was in the kitchen, but I thought that it was Indiana that the person was asking about. Not sure that it would make a difference though.

Too funny when Maria referred to Muffet as ACC coach of the year!!! I think that noise you heard was Jeff's head exploding! Laughing

Yeah, I think she meant USA Today National COY. Still funny.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

Still shocked not to hear from Howee yet . I know howee most likely is jumping for joy singing every school fight song at the moment . Im happy for howee but disappointing in the committee hands down . OU did not deserve a bid , and did not look like a tourney team none this year except for maybe the stretch towards the end of the regular season when they competed but still lost alot of games.

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers < Creighton & OU ...C . Viv got hosed

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
The thing I totally don't understand is with the #2 seeds. Texas is clearly the worst #2. Why aren't they sent to Albany, Baylor to KC, and SC to Lexington?

I guess they didn't want MSU to have what could arguably be the toughest #2 seed?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSU vs South Carolina in the Sweet 16 could be a very very interesting matchup. Im sure the Noles want a little revenge and ESPN is most likely foaming at the mouth to see Aja lose her final game without a title. UCONN pretty much with a cakewalk to the Elite 8 where im picking FSU to be there opponent. That will be competitive in my opinion. I dont have FSU as a final 4 team but this draw kind of favors Sue until they reach UCONN .

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Still shocked not to hear from Howee yet . I know howee most likely is jumping for joy singing every school fight song at the moment . Im happy for howee but disappointing in the committee hands down . OU did not deserve a bid , and did not look like a tourney team none this year except for maybe the stretch towards the end of the regular season when they competed but still lost alot of games.

Doug Bruno's probably really happy about his first round match up.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/12/18 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miss. State vs OK state in the 2nd round could also be a surprise. One of the toughest game of the season for the bulldogs was at home vs the Cowgirls . Committee must not be sold on the bulldogs being the 2nd best team if you ask me , Very very Tough matchup in that 2nd round if the seeds fall accordingly .

PostPosted: 03/12/18 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I guess they didn't want MSU to have what could arguably be the toughest #2 seed?

Well they're treating Louisville as the #2 #1, so why do they want to put Baylor there?

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 03/12/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
myrtle wrote:

But it would be just for the two teams with the weakest SOS's among the top 5 teams to face each other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: