toad455 wrote:
With Ndour back, it's looking more like:

PG: Vandersloot/Faulkner
SG: Quigley/DeShields
SF: Copper/Williams
PF: Parker/Bulgak/Ndour
C: Dolson/Coates
12th: Hooper/Montgomery

I can't help but wonder if there is a trade in the works here. Chicago's free agent signings of Hooper and Montgomery are not training camp contracts.

stever

PostPosted: 02/24/18 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice profile on Montgomery & her talented kid sister in Tacoma:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/24/tacoma-teen-following-in-sister-and-wnba-players-f/

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/24/18 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
With Ndour back, it's looking more like:

PG: Vandersloot/Faulkner
SG: Quigley/DeShields
SF: Copper/Williams
PF: Parker/Bulgak/Ndour
C: Dolson/Coates
12th: Hooper/Montgomery

For fun, if Indiana goes with DeShields, would you want Mitchell? You already have two PG's and Mitchell would be a small 2 which wouldn't provide much defense, setting screens etc.

If not, what would you do?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/24/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
You already have two PG's and Mitchell would be a small 2 which wouldn't provide much defense, setting screens etc.

As opposed to the size, physicality and defensive dynamism of 31 year-old Allie Quigley? Or the recently departed Cappie Pondexter? I think they could live with taking the successor there. Also, if Mitchell proves she can play both spots and Faulkner proves her health, Faulkner becomes a nice trade chip just before you might have to pay her properly.

PostPosted: 02/24/18 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
You already have two PG's and Mitchell would be a small 2 which wouldn't provide much defense, setting screens etc.

As opposed to the size, physicality and defensive dynamism of 31 year-old Allie Quigley? Or the recently departed Cappie Pondexter? I think they could live with taking the successor there. Also, if Mitchell proves she can play both spots and Faulkner proves her health, Faulkner becomes a nice trade chip just before you might have to pay her properly.

DeShields slots in there pretty nicely I think...

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/24/18 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, but the hypothetical scenario was what if DeShields goes #2.

PostPosted: 02/24/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Montgomery
Copper/Hooper
Dolson/Bulgak/Ndour
Coates/Parker

#3, #4, #28

Maybe I’m over-enthused by the highlights, but my vision for CHI has Coates starting but maybe not right out of the gate. That way Dolson can be used as a stretch facilitating high post 4. If Parker was starter material, we would have smelt it by now.

My depth chart doesn’t include assumed draft picks. As it is the roster is an unspectacular but not unsolid 11. Is the addition of two lottery picks instead of one going to make the roster that much more spectacular if you don’t consider these picks starter quality? If you were CHI, wouldn’t you be tempted to trade one of your lottery picks for a 2019 first round pick to the proper suitor?

How about ATL? They don’t have a first round pick. How good do you expect them to be this season.... middling? Would you trade a #4 pick this year for a #6 or #7 pick next year?

Before you would decide on something like this, you’d have to wait to see how the early declarations shake out. If as little as two highly desirable early declarers come forth, it wouldn’t make any sense to make this trade.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 02/24/18 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Nice profile on Montgomery & her talented kid sister in Tacoma:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/24/tacoma-teen-following-in-sister-and-wnba-players-f/

Thanks for sharing. We never heard much about Alex Montgomery's background when she was in NY. Unfortunately, bouncing from place to place and living in homeless shelters is a much too common story. It's great that the older sisters were able to fight through the poverty and help their younger siblings. In particular, Alex seems to have become the pillar of her family.

PostPosted: 02/24/18 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Montgomery
Copper/Hooper
Dolson/Bulgak/Ndour
Coates/Parker

#3, #4, #28

Maybe I’m over-enthused by the highlights, but my vision for CHI has Coates starting but maybe not right out of the gate. That way Dolson can be used as a stretch facilitating high post 4. If Parker was starter material, we would have smelt it by now.

My depth chart doesn’t include assumed draft picks. As it is the roster is an unspectacular but not unsolid 11. Is the addition of two lottery picks instead of one going to make the roster that much more spectacular if you don’t consider these picks starter quality? If you were CHI, wouldn’t you be tempted to trade one of your lottery picks for a 2019 first round pick to the proper suitor?

How about ATL? They don’t have a first round pick. How good do you expect them to be this season.... middling? Would you trade a #4 pick this year for a #6 or #7 pick next year?

Before you would decide on something like this, you’d have to wait to see how the early declarations shake out. If as little as two highly desirable early declarers come forth, it wouldn’t make any sense to make this trade.

A sort of variation trade on yours suggested above

that crossed my mind recently was (if Chicago decides to keep 3 and 4 and get two of Mitchell, Deshields or G. Williams) would they be willing to trade Copper for NY 1st round pick in 19?

This is of course a dangerous trade for NY because if they flop and end up in the lottery they could be giving up a future star or at worst a really good player (though the lottery pick would likely be the #4 pick) but Copper could be that starting level SF NY needs. Copper hasn't proven to be a star yet, but she has shown flashes, and if given the chance she could be great for NY next year, which of course would hopefully keep us at worst as a mid-level playoff team making the 2019 pick not too valuable. It would be a move I would consider if Chicago was excited about their lottery choices.

I also would love to move up to try and get Deshields if she falls to 3/4 but I'm not sure our future pick would be enough but I would do it if it was, so NY's 1st round pick in 19 for Deshields or Copper would be something I would put on the table. My other move up idea is Rodgers and #10 for the pick that becomes Deshields or G. Williams but as the depth char shows Chicago doesn't really need more players, so future assets or better players would be the better option, but Rodgers would be a nice counter part to Quigley and they could get a post instead of a wing with #10 as opposed to #4.

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/28/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coates vs Fenerbahce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4gD98ivSrw

awhom111

PostPosted: 03/11/18 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jamierra Faulkner made her return to game action today. Apparently the mystery country that was going to naturalize her turned out to be Russia itself. Time for Chicago to get rid of all their American guards and have an all-European backcourt.
Randy

PostPosted: 03/11/18 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will the Sky have anyone left n the backcourt during the Euro tournament this summer? Guess maybe they should draft a guard.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/11/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Will the Sky have anyone left n the backcourt during the Euro tournament this summer? Guess maybe they should draft a guard.

There is no Euro tournament this summer. There aren't even qualifiers for anything until November.

Anyone taking time off this year is doing it because they just can't be bothered with the WNBA, or to rest for Worlds in September (which countries like Russia and Hungary didn't qualify for).

ETA: Well, there are no senior Euro tournaments this summer. Russia might still want Vadeeva/Musina for the under-20 Europeans.

PostPosted: 03/11/18 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

I watched the first half. Coates came off the bench and they weren't looking to post her up as they had the starter. She also didn't get a chance for any jump shots. She set picks and rolled to the basket. Looks pretty mobile. Looked a little taller than Kia Vaughn and a little shorter than the other American center that was on the Turkish team.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/12/18 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Looked a little taller than Kia Vaughn and a little shorter than the other American center that was on the Turkish team.

That would be Lynetta Kizer (she and Vaughn are both listed at 6-4/193cm, for what that's worth).

The deciding Game 3 of that series is this Wednesday, by the way.

PostPosted: 03/12/18 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Found this on bing images. It is from May 05, 2017.

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/12/18 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

I watched the first half. Coates came off the bench and they weren't looking to post her up as they had the starter. She also didn't get a chance for any jump shots. She set picks and rolled to the basket. Looks pretty mobile. Looked a little taller than Kia Vaughn and a little shorter than the other American center that was on the Turkish team.

Jumpers and post ups aren't necessarily her strength though. She was moving VERY well off ball screens.

stever

PostPosted: 03/14/18 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Condolences to Alaina Coates, her father was killed in a car crash this afternoon:

http://www.wltx.com/article/news/local/father-of-usc-star-suffered-heart-attack-before-fatal-blythewood-crash/101-528537888

adamj95

PostPosted: 03/14/18 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prayers to Alaina and her family.

PostPosted: 03/27/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky sign Ameryst Alston

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/27/18 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Sky sign Ameryst Alston

First it was Harris and now it's Alston. Stocks must want to demonstrate to the world that she can resurrect players whose careers have reached a dead end. Confused

PostPosted: 03/27/18 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's that time of year Rock Star. Lots of hopeless hopefulls signing up for training camp. A few seem to make it every year. Erlana Larkins, Erica Wheeler, Henry-Morello, Quigley, come to mind.

UK1996

PostPosted: 03/27/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Currently the sky look like
Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Epps/Alston
Copper/Montgomery/Hooper
Parker/Bulgak/Graves
Dolson/Coates/Ndour

If Indy takes Mitchell, I would prefer the Sky to take Deshields or Williams, and Lexie Brown or trade the 4th pick for a PF. I’s prefer not to get overloaded on Wings. Barring any surprises in Camp the final roster would have a good mix of vetarans and young versatile players. Brown can play the 1 and 2 if needed, Copper and Deshields can both play the 2/3, Hooper can play the 3/4, Parked and Bulgak could both play 4/5.

Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Brown
Copper/Deshields or Williams/Hopper
Parker/Bulgak/Graves or Ndour
Dolson/Coates

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/27/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But, I mean, out of players who I'd give a damn about keeping at this point, it's more like:

Vandersloot/Faulkner
Quigley
/Copper

Dolson/Coates

So unless they're already thinking about what they can get in a Faulkner trade, another backup PG seems like the least of their worries. By all means take Brown if they think she's best available, they'd find her minutes, but I wouldn't lean that way as a matter of need.

PostPosted: 03/27/18 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they go Williams and Deshields or Vivians they look OK IMO

Sloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Deshields or Vivians
Copper/G. Williams/Montgomery or Hooper
Dolson/Bulgak/N'Dour
C. Parker/Coates (either could start)

but it leaves you with can Dolson Coates/Parker be anymore effective than Dolson/Boyette? Or did Dolson's offense flourish playing as a stretch Center? It also means too many wings? with one of Hooper or Montgomery getting the chop.

I think they should trade one of their lottery pics for a PF my trade du jour would be #4 to LV for Harrison (get LB to throw in #13 if need be) then pick your preferred sg/wing at #3 (I'm going Deshields but feel free to go Gabby and slide Copper to backing up the 2 or Vivians).

Sloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Deshields
Copper/Montgomery/Hooper
Harrison/C. Parker/Bulgak or N'Dour
Dolson/Coates

If not Harrison some other starting level post that can play PF and I think you have a more balanced Sky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15

Jump to: