RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bannon: Wear 'racist' label 'as a badge of honor'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/10/18 3:53 pm    ::: Bannon: Wear 'racist' label 'as a badge of honor' Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
(CNN)President Donald Trump's estranged adviser Steve Bannon told a far-right gathering in France on Saturday that they should handle accusations of racism with pride.

"Let them call you racists," Bannon said to the French National Front Party.

"Let them call you xenophobes. Let them call you nativists. Wear it as a badge of honor."

Bannon told the National Front crowd that he had learned from traveling the world that "history is on our side" and that "the globalists have no answers to freedom."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/10/politics/steve-bannon-national-front/index.html

PostPosted: 03/11/18 3:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the video, he is saying "Let them call you racist. Let them call you xenophobe. Let them call you nativist. Wear it as a badge of honor".

I think the idea is with regard to someone being against a policy (such as ending endless immigration in the case of a charge of racism) and the opposition camp relying heavily on ad hominem statements rather than arguing in favor of the policy they don't want to be changed. You can't successfully argue against someone claiming that you only want endless immigration ended because you don't like non-whites (eg. "some of my friends are Chinese, therefore I am not racist"). So I think he is saying "embrace it", as in don't be intimidated from the debate by the name-calling and labeling that globalists and immigrationists will hit you with and just argue the policy and its effects. At least I wouldn't think he thinks you can be successful politically - here or in France - by declaring "Yes you are correct, I am a racist".

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/11/18 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I mean anything with Bannon attached to it is toxic. But there are all these realities in play. The vast majority of people really don't understand illegal immigration or even LEGAL immigration as it actually happens. Because they don't live in a megapolis with millions of immigrants. So all they know is that someone has told them that this is the political fight they should be waging now so let's get after it for these Dreamers, etc.

There's so much political power and wealth on the side of both legal and illegal immigration it is a wonder that it isn't all liberal or Democrats around the country care about. We're getting there though. But the reality is that if you stand up and say you're against illegal or even some legal immigration you don't even get to explain yourself. You're a xenophobe or a racist, etc.

But Steve Bannon doesn't have to tell anyone to wear it as a badge of honor. People don't give a fuck anymore. I don't give a fuck. I know people don't know half of what I learned about people who are not from here just living in a relatively small classic melting pot steel town growing up. That information and experience isn't even in play when most people talk about immigrants.

Regarding the world we live in here in California and how it all shapes national politics on the issue of immigration, which amounts to as complex a series of relationships as exists with any political issue today, there's a complete vacuum of real on-the-ground experience and information around the country. If the conversations could even happen standard liberal proponents (outside California) would argue statistics and things they're reading or studying in the media or school and then top it all off with the 'we're a nation of immigrants' line. lol. People are suckers. This country is being taken away from Americans and it started a long time ago in the very best places.

Everyone has a role in the America we are rapidly becoming. The role of the middle to working class is to fight the wars overseas and man the dollar stores at home. And like it. Walmart is your Nordstrom. Accept it. Stay the hell away from the affluence that is running the show so as never to learn the breadth and width and complexity of what's happening here in your own country.

But they know some things. Incredibly telling apropos moment in Trump's speech last night in Moon Township, PA. Which is to say, Aliquippa once removed. All white people behind Trump. Trump says something like, African American unemployment is at an all time low. Crowd instantly and robustly cheers. Trump likes, so he repeats it in another way. Crowd instantly rah-rahs again, pumping their arms. These are my people.

Trump continues. Latino unemployment is at an all time low.

My people. lol. Where did you go? Trump doesn't miss a beat. WOMEN! Crowd explodes. Unemployment among women etc. RAH RAH!

These people are no fools when it comes to this issue. Whether individually they are perfectly pure on black/white racism... we already know they aren't. But they know who their fellow Americans are. And they sure as hell know that black unemployment being down is a good thing for their country and, by extension, themselves. But they are descendants of unionized steelworkers. They KNOW work and labor on the most basic level. They know that latinos have been pouring over the border for decades upon decades and they know what that means for their own families who are at the lowest end of the economic pay scale in their regions. These lowly western Pennsylvanians are breathing fire now.

The effects of illegal immigration are different around the country than they are in California because they are different even inside California. In the affluent regions here, the whole fucking economic system is based on what the latino work force does for their employers, which is basically all of us. They work like slaves. Too much like slaves, I would say.

The effect of illegal immigration on the economy of affluence in California is not unlike, as I've said before, the effect that slavery had on the pocketbooks and estates and empires that existed in the slaveowning antebellum south. Latinos here work like dogs. They work with nobility. They work quietly, meaning they are completely assimilated to their roles here. They are absolutely essential to the quality of life in Los Angeles and all these surrounding areas where there are million dollar plus homes and great restaurants and all of that.

Out in the high desert? Whole different story. They're starving out there. I mean literally. For some reason, there isn't enough even along the coast to keep all of these illegals working and relatively prosperous so those who can't make it here drift out there. It's tragic because they are, as I said, dirt poor. They have nothing. They have to be a drag on services and, whatever low-wage employment there is, these people would be all over it.

And that's just sort of scratching the surface on illegal immigrants from south of the border. We could fill a book on the impact that affluent immigrants here have.

Let me just say this about all of it. Laws. That's where the rubber hits the road and where consequently the tires start to come apart. Go ahead and open the fucking borders. Let the wealthy from around the world into this country. Open it up! But enforce the laws. All of them. Make sure everyone who comes here exists within a framework that is established by the federal, state, and local laws and ordinances that are there to protect us all. Make punishments for those who scoff at America laws very harsh. Like, you're out of here. Because we teach Americans to obey the laws. Most of those corny white people who were in Trump's audience are among THE most indoctrinated Americans in the country when it comes to fearing and obeying the law, if not taking actual PRIDE in being law-abiding citizens.

That perspective on the laws and rules etc. has been figuratively and literally beaten into poor, working, and lower middle class Americans forever. I lived it, I saw it, I know it.

Los Angeles? lol. You've got to be fucking kidding me. Lawless Angeles is far more appropriate. It is stunning. The examples are all ubiquitous parts of the urban landscape here. In a place where so many aren't from the US, guess who? We have allowed dirt poor people, almost as an act of mercy, to operate outside of the law. But we have also let incredibly wealthy immigrants to live here with a disregard for our laws that is breathtaking.

Come and live it. If you grew up that die-hard liberal then your reactions and feelings might be pure lovely tolerance when your landlord from another country essentially does every single thing illegally and to your detriment. See if it works for you and then absorb the understanding that it is just the way things are done here now. Is it your country? Are you protected by the law?

Whatever. Just hang onto that mythical American image in your mind of the noble immigrants we all once were. It makes you feel better about America, the world, humanity, and most of all, yourselves. The arc of history bending toward justice and all that. Like I said, people are suckers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: