RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 88, 89, 90  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/18 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tc_-r760N0s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C3q_8w56Z88" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nFCzOQ8bhpw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/08/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I may have asked this before but,

NY fans who know the International game as draft options go what about

Vadeeva in NY, good idea or bad idea?

What I know is she a top International prospect, she is a center which isn't our strongest position, and she plays with Prince.

1) How does Katie Smith want to play? Vadeeva is arguably better offensively than any post NY has other than Charles. If you just want to add an offensive option (or button as Laimbeer used to call it), then Vadeeva can probably help. If NY is still emphasizing defense, then there are probably better choices.

2) Is Vadeeva ever coming over? If so, when? Given that management has done very little so far, the 1st Round pick may be our biggest chance at improvement. You don't want to waste that selection on someone who may never show up.

3) Who else is left on the board? We don't know if anyone is coming out early who could push the rest of the board down. And right now, there seems to be very little agreement on the order after Wilson. I think a team only takes Vadeeva if they don't think any American player can crack their rotation right now. In that case, they might as well take a foreign player and stash her overseas until ready.

Phoenix or Dallas would be good landing spots for a “stash” player. Especially Phoenix. I’m not about that sort of thing for the Libs right now. Unless you know she’s coming over.

Even then, is she a true WNBA C? Or one you want to match up to Griner, Fowles, etc.? It doesn’t strike me she’d fill one of the team’s most basic needs, even immediately.

PostPosted: 03/08/18 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see Vadeeva dropping to #10. I see her going to Washington or Indiana, so #8 the lowest.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 03/08/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

according to a recent tweet, looks like Shoni Schimmel will be back with the Liberty(at least for training camp).

Randy

PostPosted: 03/08/18 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hope Shoni does well. Who is 21?

Last edited by Randy on 03/08/18 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/08/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Schimmel !! She did state a year off , everyone seemed to forget about her . How's she looking these days ? Any info on her toad ? She could help NY's guard situation drastically if shes in shape .

PostPosted: 03/08/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Hope does well. Who is 21?

Reshanda Gray. She's posing with Brittney Boyd, who should be in camp with Lindsay Allen and Bria Hartley. That's a lot of PGs.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/08/18 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. I thought that might be Gray. Hoping the "Dream contingent" can make the Liberty roster.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/08/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I kind of like everyone on our roster and want that all to make that team, that is a little problematic.

I would love to see Shoni come back and kick ass, but at whose expense?

Seeing Boyd in that picture make me regret that not so flattering things I've said about her, and I want her to come back and kick ass.

Gray, Ibekwe, Alleyne and even Faris I would love to see come into camp and kick ass.

And of course our returning borderline player Zahui B and the Allens I would love to see step up and kick ass.

If we end up getting someone I like at #10 and they come in and kick ass I am going to be so torn through the whole cutting process.

Good luck to everyone.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/08/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon - sounds like you are in mood to kick ass and take names.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/08/18 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
J-Spoon - sounds like you are in mood to kick ass and take names.

I just wonder how many ice baths will be needed from all the sore toes after all that kicking.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/08/18 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah my vocabulary kind of failed me there so I decided to enjoy the poetry of redundancy. It Kicks Ass!

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/08/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Reshanda's in Liberty, New York, boy is she going to have a long way to go to get to White Plains. That's an hour and a half at best.

(now with spelling variations)
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/08/18 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A player who's constantly been out of shape playing her first meaningful basketball in two years? Yeah, that'll go well.

PostPosted: 03/09/18 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

N.O. NO to Schimmel. i am not a lindsay Allen fan but i rather watch her play and continue to develop then watch a out of shape could care less player.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/09/18 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Before Schimmel fell off she was really good.

Who knows what makes people lose interest in something they are passionate about?

She had some time off, if she comes back motivated she could be really good again. Even unmotivated Schimmel's shooting and handle could compete with anyone we have on our team. It was her lack of defense and conditioning that sank her in her last season in the W.

It will be hard for her to beat out the guards we currently have, but let's see what she brings to the table in camp. Maybe she's found her passion for the game again, gotten in shape, and will play her way onto the team. Her skill set is there giving her a chance could be like getting a free first round pick if she comes back strong. It is not like we brought in a ton of new talent the Liberty could use an unexpected jolt. Either way she'll make it or she won't but let's not write her off until we give her a chance. I love a good redemption story.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/09/18 4:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This picture is from a couple of days ago. Not looking too different.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/10/18 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

if she can't play cut her ass in camp...if she's motivated and even a quarter of her potential she can at least be a buffer to ease boyd and Allen into gear...Allen being 2nd year and Boyd coming off a catastrophic injury...I wanted to give some vet PG a run in camp to help Boyd get back up to speed without too much pressure...that vet can be Shoni even if it's just preseason...yes she's not shown the dedication needed to succeed in the W...read my past posts...I have not been a Shoni apologist to say the least...but there is a need there with Boyd a ? Hartley more of a 2 (tho she proved she can hold down the 1 to prevent prince or sugar from going there and throwing a spanner in the works) and Allen 2nd year...having someone who knows the system and has expierence could prove valuable even 3rd string..would I prefer more of a veteran at that role...yes...but shoni is an acceptable answer...doubt we go north with her...but she could help in camp...and who knows...if the Ville Shoni or even 2nd year shoni ever shows up again it's a heist...tho I think those days are long gone...what a waste.

Also the New ASG ballot rules permit this...as well as faris (and you KNOW how extreme I've been at faris at times)...if they ever went back to more pure fan voting it would be cut at once...don't need that kind of distraction.

Do I think we go north with either...no...but both fill needs and deserve a shot...but if they get a shot they dont deserve and get outperformed by someone who DOES get cut...you'll hear it first from me

PostPosted: 03/10/18 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering she hasn't played basketball in over a year, I'd say Schimmel stands about a 1% chance of making the team.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/10/18 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah not looking to good for her.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/10/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember though that we are basing all of this on a response to an instagram post. "See you soon" could have meant in a social capacity. If we are misreading it, it's rather unfair to start trashing her again.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/10/18 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Remember though that we are basing all of this on a response to an instagram post. "See you soon" could have meant in a social capacity. If we are misreading it, it's rather unfair to start trashing her again.

I think it's unfair to trash Schimmel no matter what. And I thought it was unfair to trash her last season.

PostPosted: 03/10/18 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

I think it's unfair to trash Schimmel no matter what. And I thought it was unfair to trash her last season.

I can understand if she reports to the team not ready to play. Then, she is fair game for critique about whether she deserves to be on the team or not. Perhaps in this case it's our response to her more over-the-top fans who seemed to make excuses for her. But at this moment, she is not listed on the roster.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/11/18 2:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Schimmel is such an exciting player on offense, I hope she can make a comeback. If nothing else, she should give the WNBL a go.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/15/18 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MSG may lose tax break for bouncing New York Liberty to Westchester, Manhattan Borough president warns

https://www.nydailynews.com/amp/new-york/msg-lose-tax-cut-giving-n-y-liberty-boot-pol-warns-article-1.3874880

Quote:
The team is owned by MSG, and has played there for years. But as the company seeks to sell the Liberty, it announced this season’s home games will be at the tiny Westchester County Center.

“In doing so, you have turned ‘the World’s Most Famous Arena’ into the world’s most famous stage for unfairly benching women athletes,” Gale Brewer wrote to MSG honcho James Dolan.

And, she warned, the company could be endangering its tax abatement, which saves the company $50 million a year and will be up for renewal in a few years.

Quote:
Even if the team were to move — it played at the Prudential Center in Newark when MSG was under renovations — the Westchester County Center is an “inadequate, inappropriate choice,” she said — it’s “not a full-featured sports arena.”

Quote:
“Since announcing our intention to sell the team, we have been committed to finding the right new owner to steward the franchise into the future,” a company spokesman said.

“We believe the Westchester County Center is the right sized venue to create an exciting environment for the Liberty and its fans, and the financial structure to support the team’s long-term success.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 88, 89, 90  Next
Page 33 of 90

Jump to: