2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/07/18 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Thibault loves his foreigners, so I'm seeing her land there, but not showing up until 2019.

Actually, in Connecticut they made a conscious effort NOT to take foreign players to avoid missing time due to international competitions.

What about that time they drafted Astan Dabo

Somebody must have fallen asleep during that draft, or maybe it’s just more fake news. I’d be surprised if another organization has drafted more foreign players... maybe Agler is close. And then there’s all those foreign free agents he signs. Toad was right. He certainly doesn’t avoid foreign players.

2012 Draft
1st Round (9th pick overall): Astan Dabo

2010 Draft
3rd Round (27th pick overall): Johannah Leedham

2009 Draft
3rd Round (36th pick overall): Alba Torrens

2007 Draft
1st Round (13th pick overall): Sandrine Gruda

2006 Draft
3rd Round (42nd pick overall): Marita Payne

2005 Draft
2nd Round (21st pick overall): Erin Phillips

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/07/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Thibault loves his foreigners, so I'm seeing her land there, but not showing up until 2019.

Actually, in Connecticut they made a conscious effort NOT to take foreign players to avoid missing time due to international competitions.

Obviously for talent like Emma he's softened that policy. Wink

What about that time they drafted Astan Dabo, or was that part of a conscious effort to not acquire UConn players because they didn't want people to think they only acquire UConn players after they traded to get Tina Charles & Renee Montgomery? Smile

Wasn't that the year Thibault was saying he loved his team the way it was and couldn't see how they could add to it? 2012 was a really shallow draft and at the time I thought they were just securing a player who might come in future years.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/07/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Wasn't that the year Thibault was saying he loved his team the way it was and couldn't see how they could add to it? 2012 was a really shallow draft and at the time I thought they were just securing a player who might come in future years.

Yes. I admit I don't remember it word for word, but he basically said Tiffany Hayes would struggle to make their roster. Oops.

PostPosted: 03/07/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If a close source to Vadeeva or Vadeeva herself says she wants to play in the WNBA then I would rank her higher than I have her now, but, and it is a big but, if Russia can get back to being an Olympic/Worlds level team I would think the Russian team would give Vadeeva some very good incentives to stay away from the W, avoid injury, and stay committed to the National team, I could also see her Russian league team offering similar incentives considering they offered those kind of bonuses to non-Russian. Now if the National team or league team believe the W could add to her development then things might be different.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/08/18 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Subject to Change in a heartbeat

Mock Draft

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/08/18 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Mock Draft

The only question I have is about Dallas taking another center. I recognize that Akhator and Lewis didn't show much last year but Akhator is at least playing overseas and for her NT. If they penciled her in as their backup center, would you see them taking someone else?

pilight

PostPosted: 03/08/18 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Mock Draft

The only question I have is about Dallas taking another center. I recognize that Akhator and Lewis didn't show much last year but Akhator is at least playing overseas and for her NT. If they penciled her in as their backup center, would you see them taking someone else?

Lewis is also playing overseas, having a nice season in Poland

PostPosted: 03/08/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Mock Draft

Akhator's pretty tiny; she's really not a 5 even if she starts getting onto the floor. With Paris gone and Plaisance hurt as well I'd think Glory Johnson sliding over is Cambage's backup at the minute. Given that, and Liz's unreliability, a center would make a fair bit of sense if there's one worth taking at their pick.

PostPosted: 03/08/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Mock Draft

Russell should push either Akhator or Lewis out of a job , most likely Lewis. She was not very useful last season . Akhator probably sticks one more year to give people time to forget about Fred's horrible decision Embarassed

PostPosted: 03/08/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Mock Draft

Akhator's pretty tiny; she's really not a 5 even if she starts getting onto the floor. With Paris gone and Plaisance hurt as well I'd think Glory Johnson sliding over is Cambage's backup at the minute. Given that, and Liz's unreliability, a center would make a fair bit of sense if there's one worth taking at their pick.

Fair enough. They are pretty set at the 2 and 3 and that's probably the best available at 6. Cambage improves them to a top 6 team IMO but she seems to only be able to do about 25 minutes a game right now.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/08/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Mock Draft

Russell should push either Akhator or Lewis out of a job , most likely Lewis. She was not very useful last season . Akhator probably sticks one more year to give people time to forget about Fred's horrible decision Embarassed

I honestly don't blame him too much. He needed a center and there were no good options. Coates wasn't going to play and Jones was even worse than Akhator. He managed to fill needs with Gray, Davis, and Chong. I wonder if he uses 6 to upgrade that backup PG.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shaqator is not a center in the WNBA. She may have played the position in college, but it might be generous to say she is 6’. I kinda think Bibb and Miller didn’t properly vet her and got fooled like others here by her listed height. She’s got nice hops, but I think she may be too short to even play PF in the WNBA. So unless she has some perimeter or guard skills, Shaqator may get about as much playing time on this team as she did last year. Thornton is a more experienced version of Shaqator who has already proven perimeter skills, so where does Shaq fit in?

Dallas fans, who would you rather have as your backup center?

pilight

PostPosted: 03/08/18 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Mock Draft

Lewis was definitely bad for Dallas last year, but I can't shake the feeling that she has potential

PostPosted: 03/08/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Only a basement dweller who doesn't know basketball like the WNBA GMs do would think that drafting one of the Top 3 players in a WNBA Draft with the 3rd overall pick was a horrible decision. Very Happy

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/08/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's a legit 6'3", or at least exaggerated no more than her teammates. From left to right: Gray (6'0"), Akhator (6'3"), Lewis (6'5"), Davis (6'2"), Chong (5'8").

[url]http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nba/dallas-mavericks/ughgjx/picture148194364/alternates/LANDSCAPE_1140/Dallas%20Wings%202017%20Media%20Day%20(25)[/url]

Randy

PostPosted: 03/08/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's at least 6-3 on a relative scale. I think it is too soon to write her off. Plus - how many teams did better than Dallas in the draft last year? One one - Atlanta. Ok ARGUABLY only 1.

Razz

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/08/18 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Mock Draft

Lewis was definitely bad for Dallas last year, but I can't shake the feeling that she has potential

I agree pilight , but only on the defensive end. She showed flashes VERY early in the season but against top tier Paint players she was hard to watch. Her footwork is just not where it should be for a professional player in this league .

PostPosted: 03/08/18 6:00 pm    ::: Russell Happy She Came Back, Even If . . . Reply Reply with quote

https://www.memphisdailynews.com/news/2018/mar/9/russell-happy-she-came-back-even-if/

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/08/18 6:28 pm    ::: Re: Russell Happy She Came Back, Even If . . . Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://www.memphisdailynews.com/news/2018/mar/9/russell-happy-she-came-back-even-if/

Feels like russell is just ready for this to be over , well her play in the SEC tourney made me believe that .

PostPosted: 03/08/18 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Vadeeva says she's playing this season, so that lock her into #2? Would Chicago pass on her with Dolson, Coates & Parker already at center?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/08/18 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
If Vadeeva says she's playing this season, so that lock her into #2? Would Chicago pass on her with Dolson, Coates & Parker already at center?

I am not sure that is Indiana's biggest need, tbh. They have Larkins and Achonwa already, I think they need Kelsey Mitchell's scoring more. I don't think Chicago would need her either.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/08/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

About Vadeeva: I got in a discussion with Paul Nilsen about whether she should be drafted overall #1. His opinion was yes, she's already going up against top competition and proven herself better than Wilson. My opinion was no because while she has the pro experience going for her, the knowledge that she could be pulled away every year for something national team-related is a BIG problem. A #1 pick especially is expected to represent the team even more than during the season and is expected to be counted on to be there every year.

I also didn't believe that she had proven herself so much better than Wilson at this moment to justify taking her. 1st round, sure. Endless potential, absolutely. But is she worth putting ahead of Wilson this year when you have a new team and want to make an immediate splash?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/08/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What are Vadeeva's numbers like? When ever I read the over-seas thread she seems to have decent numbers, but not draft at #1 unbelievable numbers.

Granted she plays next to N. Ogwumike but that cuts both ways.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/08/18 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I was worried about Spooner becoming obsessed with Vadeeva. Turns out toad is the most obsessed.

Pokey wanted that #8 pick for a reason. Mitchell or DeShields are unlikely to be around at #8. Vadeeva could be around at #8. If she’s not, no big deal. Grab another nice player.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/08/18 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I was worried about Spooner becoming obsessed with Vadeeva. Turns out toad is the most obsessed.

Pokey wanted that #8 pick for a reason. Mitchell or DeShields are unlikely to be around at #8. Vadeeva could be around at #8. If she’s not, no big deal. Grab another nice player.

Actually, I think it's the other way around. Phoenix wanted January and Pokey got the pick as a result. Indiana pretty much needs everything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 62 of 93

Jump to: