RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sam Nunberg
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/06/18 7:17 am    ::: Sam Nunberg Reply Reply with quote

Is this guy trying to get out of talking to Mueller by setting up an insanity defense?

Quote:
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Nunberg was "incorrect" and said he clearly lacks knowledge on the subject.

"If Sarah Huckabee wants to start debasing me, she's a joke," Nunberg told NY1. "She's not attractive. She's a fat slob."

Or is he just repeating what he learned from his old boss?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/03/05/sam-nunberg-alcohol/397785002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
sambista

PostPosted: 03/06/18 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yesterday, sitting next to him, erin burnett said she smelled alcohol and asked if he had been drinking or had . . . anything else. he said no, paused, then said, "except for my meds." another pregnant pause, after which he said he was taking anti-depressants.

Shocked

PostPosted: 03/06/18 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well. He's made his situation far worse because Mueller can't have a witness or a potential defendant defying him publicly like this. He will have to make an example of Nunberg. But obviously this is person on the margins of any of this whose response to getting a subpoena and all the legal expense and turmoil that it will bring in his life just to get through this was to hit the bottle or pills and then all hell broke loose. And I hope that aspect of it is handled in a way that isn't itself punitive... beyond what's necessary. Because when people wake up from the booze or pills and realize how bad they've made things... on THIS level... Shocked

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/06/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wait. did sambista use an emoticon? wtf.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
wait. did sambista use an emoticon? wtf.

something about the era we're in. somehow, sometimes, only an emoticon will do.

btw, related or unrelated, if you're not watching the ever-so-brilliant new season of "homeland," you have no idea what's going on in the bigger scheme.

this guy should be on suicide watch, so i hope mueller puts him in the slammer.

PostPosted: 03/06/18 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching Homeland. I don’t know what it is or ever has been about that show. You can shoot holes through almost every scene. But I’m never really happier as a viewer than when I’m watching Homeland. And by that one single metric it is my favorite TV show ever. Homeland is like cold clean water. But with lots of sharks being jumped over.

And yeah, I didn’t want to say it, but suicide seems to be not outside the realm of looming possibilities here.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/06/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Watching Homeland. I don’t know what it is or ever has been about that show. You can shoot holes through almost every scene. But I’m never really happier as a viewer than when I’m watching Homeland. And by that one single metric it is my favorite TV show ever. Homeland is like cold clean water.

because "homeland" is truth. and i certainly think it's one of the best shows ever.

and though i can't quite put it on the same level, "designated survivor" gives me that same vibe. so enjoyable. those two shows, plus "madam secretary," i'd like to tie trump in front of the tv and force him to watch. he might be able to focus if it comes off the tv screen.

PostPosted: 03/06/18 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
Watching Homeland. I don’t know what it is or ever has been about that show. You can shoot holes through almost every scene. But I’m never really happier as a viewer than when I’m watching Homeland. And by that one single metric it is my favorite TV show ever. Homeland is like cold clean water.

because "homeland" is truth. and i certainly think it's one of the best shows ever.

and though i can't quite put it on the same level, "designated survivor" gives me that same vibe. so enjoyable. those two shows, plus "madam secretary," i'd like to tie trump in front of the tv and force him to watch. he might be able to focus if it comes off the tv screen.

Ugh. Designated Survivor had such promise, but has largely been a disappointment to me. They have no clue what type of show they want to be, so they plot way too many storylines in each episode. This means everything feels hurried and characters aren't given a chance to develop. They killed off a major character, and I didn't even care. No emotional response at all, other than mild interest as to what it will do to the other characters.

Madam Secretary, on the other hand, continues to be excellent.

PostPosted: 03/06/18 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

Ugh. Designated Survivor had such promise, but has largely been a disappointment to me. They have no clue what type of show they want to be, so they plot way too many storylines in each episode. This means everything feels hurried and characters aren't given a chance to develop. They killed off a major character, and I didn't even care. No emotional response at all, other than mild interest as to what it will do to the other characters.

yeah, i get what you mean about "designated survivor." i agree it's confused about what it wants to be, and it was so much stronger the first few episodes. i'm not happy at all that the major character was killed off. but it's good tv, and maybe i like it because the high ideals of jack bauer are a salve to what we have in real life.

PostPosted: 03/06/18 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
justintyme wrote:
sambista wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

yeah, i get what you mean about "designated survivor." i agree it's confused about what it wants to be, and it was so much stronger the first few episodes. i'm not happy at all that the major character was killed off. but it's good tv, and maybe i like it because the high ideals of jack bauer are a salve to what we have in real life.

Yeah, I'm still watching it in hopes that they figure it out. It had/has such promise that I am not ready to give up on it yet.

PostPosted: 03/06/18 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
wait. did sambista use an emoticon?

No, sambista used an emoji. I've never used either.

It's a shame the 24 hour, always political news cycle would give so much air time to an unbalanced individual who may have been under the influence.
tfan

PostPosted: 03/06/18 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He was working for Trump in some capacity from ? to 2/2014. He worked for the "Trump Campaign" (which officially began in June 2015) from 2/2015 to 8/2015.

Who is Sam Nunberg?

Howee

PostPosted: 03/06/18 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huh. An unbalanced Trump employee/firee. I'm shocked. Razz

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/07/18 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's another great season of Homeland. I literally get bummed when I realize each episode is nearly over. Talk about killing off a main character!

O'Keefe is a perfect character. I'd love to shoot that feckless fuck. Laughing

Like others, I'm also disappointed in Designated Survivor, although I continue to watch. Same w/ Madam Sect. I will say though i never took to Mrs D.S. and was kind of glad, after the initial semi-shock, that she's gone.

Both of those shows are Homeland Xtralite, imo, constrained by being on network tv, the equivalent of AM radio in the 60s/70s....i.e., you get the edited short version, nohing too heavy.

But ah, Carrie...

PostPosted: 03/08/18 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Both of those shows are Homeland Xtralite, imo, constrained by being on network tv, the equivalent of AM radio in the 60s/70s....i.e., you get the edited short version, nohing too heavy.

true dat. real life's on the outer reaches of the tv band - the chi, insecure, master of none, seven seconds, the good fight . . .

sorry for the hijack. but is there more to say about nunberg, or was he just another flash of america's nightmares?

PostPosted: 03/08/18 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any Trump-related thread that diverts into any other topic area is confeve as far as I’m concerned. Let us be quite clear on that.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/08/18 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

covfefe this: is trump's trade war a deliberate distraction from the back-burnering of gun reform or just anything and all things coming his way at this moment? i've lost track.

PostPosted: 03/08/18 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
covfefe this: is trump's trade war a deliberate distraction from the back-burnering of gun reform or just anything and all things coming his way at this moment? i've lost track.

the best conjecture is that it's designed to help the republican in the pennsylvania special election there in the 18th district. he doesn't have to back-burner much of anything these days. stormy d. and the never ending revelations in the mueller investigation as well as turnover in the white house kind of take care of all that for him. why am I typing in lowercase letters?

pilight

PostPosted: 03/08/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

He campaigned on raising tariffs. Hell, he campaigned on just about all of the Hoover administration's greatest hits.

PostPosted: 03/08/18 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump's primary campaign message, repeated multiple times at every rally and speech for 18 months, was to increase American jobs and income levels via certain economic reforms. Even immigration reform was secondary, although linked, to his economic message to middle America.

Trump's path to more jobs and ultimately deficit reduction is to grow the economy. His highly publicized tools to accomplish this have been trumpeted since his first days as a candidate and continue unabated to date. No one can have missed them unless they read or watch nothing more than partisan left wing media. Trump's economic tools include:

-- Lowering taxes on business and repatriating corporate money frozen abroad to stimulate domestic American business growth and job opportunities. His Tax and Jobs Act has done this.

-- Getting out of the American job-sucking Trans Pacific Partnership. He has done this.

-- Getting out of the American job-sucking NAFTA and negotiating better bilateral trade agreements. He has begun this.

-- Approving American job-creating projects -- killed or delayed by Obama and the Democrats -- such as the Keystone Pipeline, the Dakota Access Pipeline, and oil drilling off-shore and in the Arctic. He has done all this.

-- Reducing both illegal and legal immigration for several reasons, not the least of which is to increase job opportunities for lower income American citizens, such as blacks and Hispanics. He has begun this in a variety of ways, some of which are currently tied-up in litigation.

-- Imposing targeted tariffs on countries with whom we have a large trade imbalance, especially those countries who have had heavy tariffs imposed against American worker goods for many years. He is now beginning this phase.

Increasing American jobs and American GDP is what is meant by "making America great again" and focusing on "America first". Regular folk all over America understand this, and voted for Trump because of his common sense economic policy prescriptions.
Howee

PostPosted: 03/08/18 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Increasing American jobs and American GDP is what is meant by "making America great again" and focusing on "America first". Regular folk all over America understand this, and voted for Trump because of his common sense economic policy prescriptions.

Ahhh.....I must disagree HEARTILY. "Regular folks" have no freekin' clue about the logistics of all this. They buy his Bullshitty Rhetoric, cuz they follow Fox News. He sez it, *sounds* good, they buy it.

Now. Let's talk about Real Economic Minds: Gary Coen. What's his (extraordinarily well-informed) opinion on Trump-o-nomics?

Right. Confused

PostPosted: 03/08/18 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Trump's primary campaign message, repeated multiple times at every rally and speech for 18 months,

-- Reducing both illegal and legal immigration for several reasons, not the least of which is to increase job opportunities for lower income American citizens, such as blacks and Hispanics. He has begun this in a variety of ways, some of which are currently tied-up in litigation.

While Trump had something on his website with regard to reducing legal immigration, he didn't appear to have written it or be aware of it. He contradicted the part about H1-B visas several times, most famously in a Republican debate. On the campaign trail he always proclaimed to love LEGAL immigration right after knocking illegal immigration, and I never heard him call for reducing legal immigration. I believe Jeff Sessions and his people - Steve Miller - wrote the website. So it remains to be seen if Trump has a strong opinion about reducing legal immigration or whether he is just going with Miller (and possibly other people) on the issue - for now. Trump used to bellow on the campaign trail that he would end DACA immediately, but we saw how he stuck to that pledge.

His position against illegal immigration is tepid at best, not calling for significant penalties on the people who hire illegal workers, and not calling for the E-Verify system to be fixed and forced on employers and other checks added to stop the hiring of illegal workers.

Last edited by tfan on 03/08/18 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
tfan

PostPosted: 03/08/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Now. Let's talk about Real Economic Minds: Gary Coen. What's his (extraordinarily well-informed) opinion on Trump-o-nomics?

Cohn is not an economist, not by education, or by profession. If one had to pick a reason why he was director of the National Economic Council it would be because he had been head of the investment bank Goldman Sachs. The US government loves to hire Goldman Sachs CEOs.

The fact that the elite are OK with our massive trade deficit doesn't make it right. The elite were happy with the 2000's era policy of giving mortgages to people who couldn't afford them and then trying to protect from the coming default by bundling them with good mortgages and selling them to people in places like Iceland. And then we got the Great Recession.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/08/18 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Ahhh.....I must disagree HEARTILY. "Regular folks" have no freekin' clue about the logistics of all this. They buy his Bullshitty Rhetoric, cuz they follow Fox News. He sez it, *sounds* good, they buy it.

Right. Confused

Let me steal something I read in the comments on the Times article about this.

Gary Cohn? He who designed the Corporate Tax Theft Reform Act?

With 'adults' like this in charge, I'd rather have the frivolous children in charge. And I think many Americans feel the same way. Decades of acceding to the public policy prescriptions of the elite--another word for 'serious people' and 'adults'--who manage to seem calm and intellectual while rigging the system for their corporate backers, has gotten America into a hopeless state of wealth inequality and stealth class warfare, which the rich are winning because we redistribute money from the poor to the rich.

- Bob in North Bend, WA.

I just don't think anyone really understands what's going on here. I don't know where you live and what many of your stories are but picture this. Thousands of towns and small cities and economies around the country destroyed. Small town Main Street business districts boarded up and gone to seed. Thousands. These were generations of American families and legacies, wiped out, because the elites allowed it to happen through any number of policies and trade deals and on and on. Now many of those same people and families still live in those towns and small cities and even larger cities. Because they ALL weren't able to shift to other parts of the country and make a life for themselves. Truth is, HUMANS aren't easily displaced like that. It's destructive as hell and almost as bad as the original destruction of their world.

Now all of this happens to them because of decisions made far far away by people who attend galas and summer on Cape Cod. Did you really think that the people who run this political and economic system are not going to hear from and feel the outrage and anger that has been brewing for decades out in America? Seriously?

Imagine Gary Cohn or a New Yorker editor's place of employment shuttered. Their careers over, New York City an urban wasteland. Harvard and Yale gone as well and along with their ability to guarantee their future generations by sending their kids to those elite institutions. All of that gone. And some people sitting over there chewing the fat and flicking crumbs their way. Saying to them, hey, uh, NONE of that is EVER coming back. Those people would understand then WHY so many Americans said, I don't fucking care if Donald Trump DESTROYS this country! I want everyone to experience the destruction that has already happened to me and to my world.

So when someone says a trade war is going to hurt the very Americans who Trump said he was going to fight for, those Americans don't give a shit. They don't give a shit WHAT you're saying. If you're saying it with pain and anguish in your voice then they think you're just worried about the impact it will have on your portfolio. And If they think there's even a chance it's going to hurt YOU, they'll take the hit. Their world is dollar stores and Walmart is their Nordstrom. A trade war could trigger an economic collapse? Bring it on! And then they're going to vote Trump a second term and when another Trump, this one with a brain and some self control comes along, they're going to vote that person in.

And please don't tell me that you know that will be bad for this country. Nobody knows anything, as they say in Hollywood.

I don't know what it's like in New York City but if you live in Los Angeles, lol, life just doesn't change for the affluent of this place. Small town Main Street business districts? Pretty much that defines the landscape here. So many streets run for tens of miles lined with small family owned restaurants, tailors, hardware stores, beauty salons, and on and on. So there's NO identifying with the people out in flyover country here for all they've lost. The attitude would be, those jobs aren't coming back, those towns aren't coming back, all while these same people out here enjoy an America that looks, walks, and eats a lot like small town America did back in the 1950s.

Strange but true little known fact. Cool

If there's people out there who want to take down the whole system I don't blame them and I honestly just don't know what has taken them so long. Probably Fox News and Rush Limbaugh put them on the wrong track for two decades. Trump isn't the answer but nobody's told Trump that apparently. And I have to tell you, intellectually, there is a growing support now for some of this stuff that Trump is doing.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/09/18 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Trump's primary campaign message, repeated multiple times at every rally and speech for 18 months,

While Trump had something on his website with regard to reducing legal immigration, he didn't appear to have written it or be aware of it. He contradicted the part about H1-B visas several times, most famously in a Republican debate. On the campaign trail he always proclaimed to love LEGAL immigration right after knocking illegal immigration, and I never heard him call for reducing legal immigration. I believe Jeff Sessions and his people - Steve Miller - wrote the website. So it remains to be seen if Trump has a strong opinion about reducing legal immigration or whether he is just going with Miller (and possibly other people) on the issue - for now. Trump used to bellow on the campaign trail that he would end DACA immediately, but we saw how he stuck to that pledge.

His position against illegal immigration is tepid at best, not calling for significant penalties on the people who hire illegal workers, and not calling for the E-Verify system to be fixed and forced on employers and other checks added to stop the hiring of illegal workers.

Trump signed an executive order ending DACA last summer. Lower court federal judges enjoined his order and the issue has been in litigation ever since. It will probably reach the Supreme Court next fall.

On legal immigration, candidate Trump was indeed ambiguous if not contradictory, other than opposing citizenship for anchor babies. However, over the past six months or so he has been very consistent in opposing chain (family) immigration and various types of quota immigration. He has repeatedly said he wants a merit and needed-skills based legal immigration. For much of this he needs Congressional approval, as he does for money for the wall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: