RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SEC Final: #8 SCar v #2 Ms St 3.4.18 4:30 PM ET ESPN2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
South Carolina
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
Miss St
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

BD22

PostPosted: 03/05/18 12:17 pm    ::: . Reply Reply with quote

Last edited by BD22 on 08/07/18 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ewecon

PostPosted: 03/05/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
For anyone making a case for LouConn to be POY, games like this shows Wilson is the best player in College, and hands down the NPOY, yes Lou has been scoring big lately, but imagine if Wilson Played in the AAC, she might ave 20 and 20.

..... and if UConn didn't have 6 players that average double-digits in scoring, Lou might average 30. Samuelson is the more well-rounded player.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/05/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

They have different responsibilities and each fulfills them very well, obviously. Apples/oranges.

agree. Though KLS has a lot more support around her which makes her job 'easier'. Sometimes I think SoCaro just has A'ja and a bunch of placeholders.

- Amanda Gorman
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/05/18 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ewecon wrote:
For anyone making a case for LouConn to be POY, games like this shows Wilson is the best player in College, and hands down the NPOY, yes Lou has been scoring big lately, but imagine if Wilson Played in the AAC, she might ave 20 and 20.

..... and if UConn didn't have 6 players that average double-digits in scoring, Lou might average 30. Samuelson is the more well-rounded player.

Maybe Geno would have made Wilson the best 2 guard in the country, I mean she was a guard at one point in high school, and Geno is the master of all. I think Lou is a great scorer and is very unique for a player 6'3, maybe the best 6'3 shooter in the history of women's basketball, her time for NPOY might come next year. It's not the best player on the best team award, it's an award for whoever is having the best year, Wilson doesn't even have another 1st team All conference teammate playing next to her yet she still puts up big number, teams know she's the go to player for South Car and yet they still can't stop her. Wilson does move around alot of a post player and she doesn't just sit under the basket.
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/05/18 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Whats that song "Obsession". Somebody just can't deal that KLS is really good LMAO.

You sure take things to the heart here don't you? In the real world everyone isn't going to agree with you, I think Lou is a good player and a great scorer that just me, not turning the ball over vs mid major talent doesn't make her a super star, going getting 21-24 points vs a team you beat by 20= points doesn't seem that hard to do, If you don't like me calling her LouConn that's your problem, back in 2014 when she signed her NLI she had a sign that said LouConn, I think it's cute and funny at the same time.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/05/18 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Whats that song "Obsession". Somebody just can't deal that KLS is really good LMAO.

You sure take things to the heart here don't you? In the real world everyone isn't going to agree with you, I think Lou is a good player and a great scorer that just me, not turning the ball over vs mid major talent doesn't make her a super star, going getting 21-24 points vs a team you beat by 20= points doesn't seem that hard to do, If you don't like me calling her LouConn that's your problem, back in 2014 when she signed her NLI she had a sign that said LouConn, I think it's cute and funny at the same time.

How about:
18 vs Notre Dame
20 vs DePaul
21 vs Stanford
19 vs Texas
26 vs Louisville
20 vs South Carolina

Is that good? I'm not sure, please tell me, are those good numbers?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

How about:
18 vs Notre Dame
20 vs DePaul
21 vs Stanford
19 vs Texas
26 vs Louisville
20 vs South Carolina

Yeah, as UCBart suggested above, her numbers shine against top competition. Using the AAC to try to diminish her ability is bullshit born of either sour grapes or ignorance, I guess.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

How about:
18 vs Notre Dame
20 vs DePaul
21 vs Stanford
19 vs Texas
26 vs Louisville
20 vs South Carolina

Yeah, as UCBart suggested above, her numbers shine against top competition. Using the AAC to try to diminish her ability is bullshit born of either sour grapes or ignorance, I guess.

Do you give any credence to the notion that without A'ja South Carolina would be much lesser than they are in comparison to where UConn would be without KLS? And if so maybe that is why A'ja gets the POY nod? (to be clear, I'm legit asking and not at all being snarky. I don't post a ton so I know my general tone isn't known, so just wanted to be clear.) Also, pretending that KLS is anything but excellent is a little bit absurd.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/05/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the other question is does KLS dominate opponents at the same level or higher level than Wilson?

PostPosted: 03/05/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BD22 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

How about:
18 vs Notre Dame
20 vs DePaul
21 vs Stanford
19 vs Texas
26 vs Louisville
20 vs South Carolina

Do you give any credence to the notion that without A'ja South Carolina would be much lesser than they are in comparison to where UConn would be without KLS? And if so maybe that is why A'ja gets the POY nod? (to be clear, I'm legit asking and not at all being snarky. I don't post a ton so I know my general tone isn't known, so just wanted to be clear.) Also, pretending that KLS is anything but excellent is a little bit absurd.

Based on where each team would finish the season, yes, but I think that leans more toward an MVP-type award.

Also, as stated somewhere, being on a better team cuts both ways.

And finally, Geno has said more than once that when KLS isn't on the court, "the offense doesn't flow".

PostPosted: 03/05/18 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

How about:
18 vs Notre Dame
20 vs DePaul
21 vs Stanford
19 vs Texas
26 vs Louisville
20 vs South Carolina

ok good numbers yes, never said she wasn't a good player, but i think Wilson is the National Player Of This Year.

32 vs Maryland
34 vs Notre Dame
18 vs Duke
15 vs Missouri
14 vs Uconn
25 vs Mississippi st

Wilson has put up good numbers vs ranked teams aswell.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/05/18 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I have been wondering is, where is SC *next year* without Wilson?

PostPosted: 03/05/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

Columbia, South Carolina, same as it was the last four years. Wink

Nah, serious answer is probably a lot more chaotic. They get Cuevas-Moore back, too, right? She's always good for two or three "oh my God, HOW did she do that?" plays and two or three "oh my God, WHY did she do that?" plays.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

middle of the pack...unless they have some super recruit coming in that will dominate. I think Herbert Harrigan has shown promise and Jennins will be back. As queenie says, Bianca can be interesting and if Cooper lives up to any of her hype (the good side of it anyway) they should still have a decent team. But certainly not at the same level.

Meanwhile, UConn is likely to continue on cruise control.

- Amanda Gorman

Last edited by myrtle on 03/05/18 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 03/05/18 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Columbia, South Carolina, same as it was the last four years. Wink

Nah, serious answer is probably a lot more chaotic. They get Cuevas-Moore back, too, right? She's always good for two or three "oh my God, HOW did she do that?" plays and two or three "oh my God, WHY did she do that?" plays.

I believe La'keisha Sutton and Ieasia Walker were some of the 1st kids Dawn signed that help the program grow and they got SEC honors along the way. with Harris, Cuevas-Moore, Cooper and Henderson on the roster next year point guard should be a strength for the team , and I think all of them should see a lot of minutes.
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 03/08/18 2:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

I think Lou’s performances against the non-conference schedule has made her National POY.

According to UConn's own official stat sheet, UConn has played seven (7) games against top-25 ranked opponents. Of course, all 7 are non-conference for UConn. Samuelson has played in five (5) of them:

30-62 FG (.484 FG %), 18.0 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.4 BPG, 1.4 SPG

Her high score was 21 pts vs Stanford (she also scored 20 pts vs USC). Her high rebound total was 8 vs USC, her high assist total was 3 vs USC. She had 3 steals vs then-ranked 20th/25th Cal.

According to USC's own official stat sheet, USC has played fifteen (15) games against top-25 opponents, many of which are conference opponents. Wilson has played in thirteen (13) of them:

102-214 FG (.477 FG %), 21.3 PPG, 13.0 RPG, 1.5 APG, 2.8 BPG, 0.6 SPG

Wilson's high score game was 34 pts vs Notre Dame (she also scored 32 pts vs Maryland). Her high rebound total was 24 vs LSU. Her high assist total was 5 vs Notre Dame (she also had 4 assists twice, vs Texas A&M and LSU). She had 6 blocked shots vs UConn, and 3 steals vs Notre Dame.

Based upon what each has done versus the better competition on their schedules, it is very blatantly clear that Wilson has had the better year, by far. She's scored more, rebounded far far more, and was a major player in blocked shots. Essentially, all Samuelson has done, is shoot and score. This with Wilson playing in an offense that better allows opposing defenses to collapse down on her, and blanket her with double-and triple-teams, compared to UConn's motion offense that is designed to keep opponents from doing just that versus Samuelson.

The rest of Samuelson's contributions were mediocre at best - Wilson was a leading rebounder and shot blocker in the SEC and nationally: Samuelson wasn't even that on her own team.....

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/08/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh dear, South Carolina must have won a game.

PostPosted: 03/08/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

How about:
18 vs Notre Dame
20 vs DePaul
21 vs Stanford
19 vs Texas
26 vs Louisville
20 vs South Carolina

ok good numbers yes, never said she wasn't a good player, but i think Wilson is the National Player Of This Year.

32 vs Maryland
34 vs Notre Dame
18 vs Duke
15 vs Missouri
14 vs Uconn
25 vs Mississippi st

Wilson has put up good numbers vs ranked teams aswell.

I was responding to the comment in bold about it not being hard to score 20 against middle of the pack competition. I never said she was POY, I agree that it should be WIlson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: