RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big East Final: DePaul v Marquette 3.6.18 7PM ET FS1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
DePaul
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Marquette
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/07/18 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Each team beat the other by 12 at home.

This is stunning.

Is it really stunning? Look at the first two games of the tournament where DePaul won easily and MU barely escaped.

True, but a 35-pt blowout that was over at halftime still surprises me.

PostPosted: 03/07/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DePaul looked very disciplined to me. Marquette looked kind of ragged and tired.

PostPosted: 03/07/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

This is stunning.

Is it really stunning? Look at the first two games of the tournament where DePaul won easily and MU barely escaped.

It's part of Marquette's plan to make opponents in the NCAA Tournament overlook them Smile. I kid of course - they wouldn't purposely play like they did last night and I worry about carry over from that loss into the Tournament.

One of my issues with Marquette is they can be really bad like they were last night or really good at times - there's not much consistency. But I do have to give a lot of credit to DePaul also - they played super well.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/07/18 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

This is stunning.

It's part of Marquette's plan to make opponents in the NCAA Tournament overlook them Smile. I kid of course - they wouldn't purposely play like they did last night and I worry about carry over from that loss into the Tournament.

One of my issues with Marquette is they can be really bad like they were last night or really good at times - there's not much consistency. But I do have to give a lot of credit to DePaul also - they played super well.

On a positive note, MU's performance makes the pre-tourney time off a good thing. Smile

PostPosted: 03/07/18 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

This is stunning.

On a positive note, MU's performance makes the pre-tourney time off a good thing. Smile

Smile

And at least I know they're going to make the NCAA Tourney - would have made it all the worse if they had needed the automatic bid. I just hope it doesn't drop them to an 8 or 9 seed. And last year they were on a roll winning the BET and seemingly had a lot of momentum and then proceeded to lose their first round NCAA Tourney game. So maybe the opposite will happen this year Smile.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/07/18 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

This is stunning.

Smile

And at least I know they're going to make the NCAA Tourney - would have made it all the worse if they had needed the automatic bid. I just hope it doesn't drop them to an 8 or 9 seed. And last year they were on a roll winning the BET and seemingly had a lot of momentum and then proceeded to lose their first round NCAA Tourney game. So maybe the opposite will happen this year Smile.

Unless you think you have a shot against Texas, South Carolina, or even Oregon (if not Baylor, of course), being a #7 is probably no different this year than being an #8/#9.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/07/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

This is stunning.

Smile

Unless you think you have a shot against Texas, South Carolina, or even Oregon (if not Baylor, of course), being a #7 is probably no different this year than being an #8/#9.

Right now I don't have much confidence in them being able to beat anyone so I guess you're right in that it doesn't really matter if they're a 7 versus an 8/9.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/07/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Right now I don't have much confidence in them being able to beat anyone so I guess you're right in that it doesn't really matter if they're a 7 versus an 8/9.

Same here. My Gophers are probably stuck as 8 seed (maaaybe a 7) and blew a chance to get even higher if they had managed to beat Ohio St (at least they got out of the bubble by beating Iowa), but then they'd probably embarass themselves by losing in the first round to a South Dakota St. 😂 The standards are so low, just winning a game wiill be bigger than it is for some teams to make the Final Four. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: