RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AAC Final: #19 USF v #1 CT 3.6.18 5PM ET ESPN2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
USF
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
UConn
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/07/18 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I didn’t even watch the game, but my gut feeling is that this team is eminently beatable by some very good and disciplined team that can get past the mystique and isn’t intimidated.

I'll repeat...This team is as beatable as last year, and if healthy, slightly less so.

That reality isn't a prognostication on how far the team will go in the tournament.

It's apparently taken most folks the better part of 2 seasons to figure out that the "mystique and intimidation" left in April of 2016. Only Stewie, Tuck, and Jefferson ectoplasm remains.

Maybe the haters thought Geno was b.s.-ing when he repeated throughout last season that the margin of error was minimal and he was surprised they hadn't lost? Idk.

PostPosted: 03/07/18 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby is a senior. If the training staff said she can't do any more damage t her hip, there is absolutely NO reason not to let her play it out if she wants to.

It's one of the things I've always liked about Geno. Honestly, when it comes to seniors, I couldn't care less about the score. They have a short time left, let them enjoy it.

EDIT: That said, if it were mid-season? I agree with you.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/07/18 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
I didn’t even watch the game, but my gut feeling is that this team is eminently beatable by some very good and disciplined team that can get past the mystique and isn’t intimidated.

You have to be ready to punch back and stay close. UConn's not good when you keep them close. Getting them short-handed helps, too. You've got to make them have a bad day. Drag 'em into the mud. You're never going to win a high offense game against them.

Queenie check pm's please Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: