Trade proposal:

1.#5 pk & Langhorne to NY for Stokes,L.Allen,#10,& NY's 2019 2nd rd pk

2.KML for 2019 2nd rd pk

PG: Bird/Allen
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/Quinn
SF: Clark/#10 pk
PF: Stewart/Howard/Crvendakic
C: Stokes/Paris

Seattle would have two great post defenders instead of one.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/10/18 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
Remember that Dan isn't the GM for the Storm, Alisha Valavanis is. She was the one who made the Swords trade last year and she is more than likely the one who made this trade. I bet Dan had some input, but it is her decision to make.

I have not figured out if the Swords trade - like the Wright trade before it - was really Boucek asking for a player and Valavanis obliging. The Wright one was a gamble that didn't work, but the Swords one still makes no sense to me.

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 02/10/18 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:
Remember that Dan isn't the GM for the Storm, Alisha Valavanis is. She was the one who made the Swords trade last year and she is more than likely the one who made this trade. I bet Dan had some input, but it is her decision to make.

I have not figured out if the Swords trade - like the Wright trade before it - was really Boucek asking for a player and Valavanis obliging. The Wright one was a gamble that didn't work, but the Swords one still makes no sense to me.

The bottom line is that it is the GMs job to sign enough good players so the coach wins. Both of those trades were bombs, so I would say that Alisha isn't batting very high right now. I have hope that the Howard trade might change that trend, but only time will tell.

PostPosted: 02/13/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It makes no sense to play Howard limited when you gave up a potential top 6 pick in a deep draft for her.Either Langhorne will get traded,Paris will play limited minutes(8-12 mpg),or Howard will see some time at SF.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/13/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
It makes no sense to play Howard limited when you gave up a potential top 6 pick in a deep draft for her.Either Langhorne will get traded,Paris will play limited minutes(8-12 mpg),or Howard will see some time at SF.

Hmm... I wonder what inspired this post? Are you doing your part to push Howard to the MIP award? Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 02/13/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like Howard will be backing up Stewart. How many minutes is she going to get doing that?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/13/18 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Seems like Howard will be backing up Stewart. How many minutes is she going to get doing that?

She can play next to Stewart either as the 3/4 or as the 4/5. It's not like they're both pure point guards or static centers.

PostPosted: 02/13/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Hmm... I wonder what inspired this post? Are you doing your part to push Howard to the MIP award? Surprised

Nah,was already on the trade Langhorne,and Howard MIP bandwagon before you ever responded to my post....However,your post did give me a little more clarity in regards to what Paris' role might be on this team.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/13/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
However,your post did give me a little more clarity in regards to what Paris' role might be on this team.

Her role is obviously to push SEA to 20+ wins this season. Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/13/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I'm betting we will see some different combinations to put Howard on the floor more often. She was pressed into service as a 3 on Minnesota and could see time there. Alysha Clark has been playing a lot more guard-ish in Europe this year and I wouldn't be surprised if they try her there at times, too, when Jewell rests. As usual, the Storm questions are around backup PG and tall center.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The transactions page has the Storm re-signing Crystal Langhorne today. I assume they intended to have that paperwork for tomorrow and there will be an announcement in the morning.

So, as it stands right now:

PG: Bird/Quinn/Peterson
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb
SF: Clark/KML/Crvendakic
PG: Stewart/Howard
C: Langhorne/Paris/Montgomery

There'd better be more planned. Howard was a good move but I expected us to dump more of Boucek's "versatile" players. I was pissed that we re-signed Quinn who is a terrible PG and now even more pissed that we seem to have two short centers, one who runs slower than Osahor and one who doesn't defend or rebound. I think a lot of the shitty play was due to Boucek's poor substitutions and over-complicated system. But they have absolutely no rope left - they'd better be a .500 team and top 6.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/07/18 4:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

for #5 I was thinking

future starting PG Canada or L. Brown

but now I'm thinking hope someone falls out of the lottery and

future starting SF G. Williams, Deshields or Vivians (if Williams and Deshields don't fall)

Unless the plan is Howard playing 15 a night at the 3 and 10 a night at the 4 behind Stewart, which I think is an experiment worth trying.

On a different note it is looking like Hamson is a likely waiver wire player out of Indy would she fit the bill for bigger/shot blocking back up center?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/07/18 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Russell is officially the ugly duckling of this draft because people act like she has some kind of skin disease or something. Dallas has just made the western conference taller by getting Big Foot to come back to the W.
Seattle should draft the best post player available. Someone that is going to bang against Cambage, Fowles, and Griner. Confused

I almost forgot about Bone and Wilson. Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/07/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big Foot. It's perfect. Always talked about, sometimes photographed. It's existence hotly debated. Seldom actually seen. I love it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/07/18 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Big Foot. It's perfect. Always talked about, sometimes photographed. It's existence hotly debated. Seldom actually seen. I love it.

Laughing Laughing Laughing I must agree Laughing Laughing #BFLC

PostPosted: 03/07/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it's interesting that there's been no formal announcement regarding Langhorne being re-signed. Only proof is that it's on the transactions page.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/07/18 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
it's interesting that there's been no formal announcement regarding Langhorne being re-signed. Only proof is that it's on the transactions page.

I was thinking that as well. I am assuming it's a timing snafu.

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I guess Russell is officially the ugly duckling of this draft because people act like she has some kind of skin disease or something.

Ruth Hamblin 2.0

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 03/07/18 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

I hope this digression will be forgiven but on the Hawks board several years ago there was a long thread about trading Paul Milsap for Bigfoot and several other discussions of it. I even used a Bigfoot avatar for a while. Very Happy

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/07/18 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
I guess Russell is officially the ugly duckling of this draft because people act like she has some kind of skin disease or something.

Ruth Hamblin 2.0

I agree. Hamblin, Gatling, and even Bone all got so used to success simply because they were tall. Their college experience never taught them how to go up against a truly elite opponent who was of equal size. Russell just doesn't move and while she's been vital to the Lady Vols, she's not going to be able to camp in the paint on defense and is going to have to move. She's not that coordinated to do so IMO.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/07/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If Howard can play the SF spot as well as PF spot

Based on what? Certainly not skillset, prior history, natural position, etc.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/07/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

If the Lynx got rid of her, that probably means she's a future All-Star, if not MVP candidate. Embarassed

Nerd2

PostPosted: 03/07/18 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I'm thinking they might try some Howard at PF, Stewart at SF on offense. But yeah Howard's play at SF last year was merely adequate. She'll probably start out as a backup for Stewie and spot backup for Clark. KML better come in in shape or she'll be waived. That young Serbian they picked up looks really good.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/07/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Howard did play some 3 last season in Minnesota, but still looked like a much more comfortable 4. Stewart's versatility to basically be a 3/4/5 means they do have more flexibility than a lot of teams. But if they want to get the most out of Howard, getting her around the rim makes the most sense.

PostPosted: 03/07/18 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

I hope this digression will be forgiven but on the Hawks board several years ago there was a long thread about trading Paul Milsap for Bigfoot and several other discussions of it. I even used a Bigfoot avatar for a while. Very Happy

I actually really like it Laughing Laughing Thinking about making a "Big Foot Sighting" poster for opening day Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 8 of 20

Jump to: