RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Australian Opals 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please


Wow that's some bullshit thrown there 09. Really antagonistic. There is NEVER an excuse to call someone a dog, no matter how you disagree.

For the record, I agree with Nerd2 about Cambage needing to put up. I don't think she's a "hater" but a realist. I hope Liz does well, it would be great for the league, but let's see her perform against BG, Syl, Charles, Jones, etc. before we pronounce her the lord of basketball.


Well sorry but not sorry this character has been personally attacking me on this board for absolutely no reason. So i would consider calling just a dog as a nice reach from what i wanted to say in all honesty but w.e. back to topic.


Un-freaking-believable. Are you two years old? Calling people dogs? Really?

It's about time people grow the F up.


And yet you comeback with calling names yourself? Listen idk what type of entourage you guys got going here but just ignore my posts . Im not going to apologize so get over it.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please


Wow that's some bullshit thrown there 09. Really antagonistic. There is NEVER an excuse to call someone a dog, no matter how you disagree.

For the record, I agree with Nerd2 about Cambage needing to put up. I don't think she's a "hater" but a realist. I hope Liz does well, it would be great for the league, but let's see her perform against BG, Syl, Charles, Jones, etc. before we pronounce her the lord of basketball.


Well sorry but not sorry this character has been personally attacking me on this board for absolutely no reason. So i would consider calling just a dog as a nice reach from what i wanted to say in all honesty but w.e. back to topic.


Un-freaking-believable. Are you two years old? Calling people dogs? Really?

It's about time people grow the F up.


And yet you comeback with calling names yourself? Listen idk what type of entourage you guys got going here but just ignore my posts . Im not going to apologize so get over it.


I didn't call you a name at all. I asked you a question about your age, and I suggested that perhaps people should grow the F up. If you feel you fit into this category, so be it, that works for me.

I would say that "I'm not going to apologize so get over it" does sound like something that could use some growing up. You did leave out the "neaner neaner neaner" afterwards though.

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2018/03/french-league-round-16-february-28th-march-4th/


Ahh there she is , sandy better beg her ass out of retirement to play for opals again. She has always been a difference maker on that team!


Why yes, the Opals with Batkovic DID have more success than with Cambage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Batkovic


Nerd whatever you say , your cambages biggest hater and its way past obvious. Funny thing is i made that post just to see if you would bite and of course...good doggy! Now sit please


Wow that's some bullshit thrown there 09. Really antagonistic. There is NEVER an excuse to call someone a dog, no matter how you disagree.

For the record, I agree with Nerd2 about Cambage needing to put up. I don't think she's a "hater" but a realist. I hope Liz does well, it would be great for the league, but let's see her perform against BG, Syl, Charles, Jones, etc. before we pronounce her the lord of basketball.


Well sorry but not sorry this character has been personally attacking me on this board for absolutely no reason. So i would consider calling just a dog as a nice reach from what i wanted to say in all honesty but w.e. back to topic.


Un-freaking-believable. Are you two years old? Calling people dogs? Really?

It's about time people grow the F up.


And yet you comeback with calling names yourself? Listen idk what type of entourage you guys got going here but just ignore my posts . Im not going to apologize so get over it.


I didn't call you a name at all. I asked you a question about your age, and I suggested that perhaps people should grow the F up. If you feel you fit into this category, so be it, that works for me.

I would say that "I'm not going to apologize so get over it" does sound like something that could use some growing up. You did leave out the "neaner neaner neaner" afterwards though.

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.


Ok great ......Go Opals !



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7083
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.

Dude! I'm so in. Though as is the nature of all leaders of an entourage I would expect you to provide completely for all my entertainment needs. And the occasional car, of course.

Cool



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.

Dude! I'm so in. Though as is the nature of all leaders of an entourage I would expect you to provide completely for all my entertainment needs. And the occasional car, of course.

Cool


Prepare to be disappointed. He doesn't even bring donuts to the entourage planning meetings.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.

Dude! I'm so in. Though as is the nature of all leaders of an entourage I would expect you to provide completely for all my entertainment needs. And the occasional car, of course.

Cool


Prepare to be disappointed. He doesn't even bring donuts to the entourage planning meetings.


Wow your still going ? Rolling Eyes



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guys. Knock it the fuck off. It's snowing like a mofo here. I have all the time in the world to sit on you.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17702



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4646
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:


Laughing


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.

Dude! I'm so in. Though as is the nature of all leaders of an entourage I would expect you to provide completely for all my entertainment needs. And the occasional car, of course.

Cool


Prepare to be disappointed. He doesn't even bring donuts to the entourage planning meetings.


Well that's for you. I heard justintyme is a much better entourage member, so its negotiable.

What do you include as snacks? That could be a key point.


dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Guys. Knock it the fuck off. It's snowing like a mofo here. I have all the time in the world to sit on you.


And it's not in Connecticut? I've got time to address ridiculous, nasty posts that the mods choose to ignore. Not a problem. Wink


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Opals !!! Wonder how much playing time Ezi M will see , she will be special .!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

I'd like to have an entourage, that would be pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone want in? I'm pretty low maintenance. I just want someone to get me snacks.

Dude! I'm so in. Though as is the nature of all leaders of an entourage I would expect you to provide completely for all my entertainment needs. And the occasional car, of course.

Cool


Prepare to be disappointed. He doesn't even bring donuts to the entourage planning meetings.


Well that's for you. I heard justintyme is a much better entourage member, so its negotiable.

What do you include as snacks? That could be a key point.


You wound me sir! Sounds like I need to be the secret leaker in the upcoming tell-all book pulling back the curtain on the secret Swishin empire.


Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, I had a question regarding Ezi. She is considering going to college in the US and not play in the WNBL next year:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/act-sport/wnbl-canberra-capitals-rising-star-eziyoda-magbegor-weighing-up-her-future-20180224-h0wlj7.html

Didn't her SEABL and WNBL play count as professional experience? How then could she have eligibility to play for UConn (of course) or UCLA?


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20717
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/07/18 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Actually, I had a question regarding Ezi. She is considering going to college in the US and not play in the WNBL next year:

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/act-sport/wnbl-canberra-capitals-rising-star-eziyoda-magbegor-weighing-up-her-future-20180224-h0wlj7.html

Didn't her SEABL and WNBL play count as professional experience? How then could she have eligibility to play for UConn (of course) or UCLA?

You can play in proper leagues and remain NCAA eligible (presumably by just not being paid - I have no idea if there's some level of threshold for 'expenses'). It's become pretty common in Europe if players want to play at a level they're ready for but not give up the option for a free US education. With someone as Next Big Thing-y as Magbegor the've probably been very careful to retain her amateur status.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2120



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those of us in the United States, ESPN3 will have some Commonwealth Games coverage. So if you want to watch the Opals rampage past all opposition or if you're Queenie and want to watch Shenneika Smith play for Jamaica, you can watch even though the time zones are not always going to be the most friendly.
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18841



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/04/18 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever been less pumped for an Opals tournament than I am for the Commonwealth Games.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6862



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Jayco has an off-the-court uniform. I recognized Griffin, Snell, Cambage and the Mercury center. Looking down at the print it says that O'Hea is among the twelve, so that must be her next to Cambage. Also the ankle breaker, Tessa Lavey in the front row.



Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18841



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 1:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Correct, though due to a trade, George has now moved from the Mercury to the Sun.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20717
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/18 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rachael Sporn does a remarkable job of stating the bleeding obvious (the men's tournament got underway with a titanic battle between England and Scotland).



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18841



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh man ... that was brutal. The Opals-Canada game was such a blowout that the TV network just abandoned the telecast when it got to 35-9, and started showing the swimming pool events.
(final score: 100-61)



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17702



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Oh man ... that was brutal. The Opals-Canada game was such a blowout that the TV network just abandoned the telecast when it got to 35-9, and started showing the swimming pool events.
(final score: 100-61)


As for Canada, outside of Hamblin, that looks like their "B" team.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18841



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Oh man ... that was brutal. The Opals-Canada game was such a blowout that the TV network just abandoned the telecast when it got to 35-9, and started showing the swimming pool events.
(final score: 100-61)


As for Canada, outside of Hamblin, that looks like their "B" team.

Yeah, they didn't send a proper male team either unfortunately.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20717
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/18 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, it's a shame the Canadian teams are so far below full strength. They're basically the only nation that coud've given the Aussies a game (both in men's and women's). But even the England teams are far less than what they could be (women's team missing their three or four top players, men's team missing everybody). When the Games are on at the same time as club seasons it must be difficult to get good players away from their teams, even if the national organisations wanted to take it seriously.

England's women beat Mozambique, which means they should avoid New Zealand in the pseudo-quarter-finals. Hopefully means they'll get another crack at the Canadian reserves in the semis.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20717
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/18 2:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Australia's massacre of England starts in about 15 minutes if you have some way of watching it.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin