RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Better at Making Their Teammates Better...Cooper or Jackson?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better at Making Teammates Better
Cynthia Cooper-Dyke
69%
 69%  [ 16 ]
Lauren Jackson
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/05/18 3:49 pm    ::: Better at Making Their Teammates Better...Cooper or Jackson? Reply Reply with quote

This is a spin-off of mavcarter's Swoopes vs. Moore thread. Which player do you think was greater at making the players around them better and more effective on the court putting them in a position to win?

Cynthia Cooper-Dyke or Lauren Jackson?

PostPosted: 03/05/18 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Edit:Comparing the impact of a lead guard to a PF/C can be very difficult.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/05/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coop, because I'd be more afraid for my life if I fucked up.

(now with spelling variations)
toad455

PostPosted: 03/05/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think for Jackson it's actually that Bird made her a better player. How good would Jackson have been with an average PG during her career?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 03/05/18 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I think for Jackson it's actually that Bird made her a better player. How good would Jackson have been with an average PG during her career?

I could make the case for Tina Charles, too. Would Charles have won an MVP title while with New York if she had a better PG with her?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY

Last edited by toad455 on 03/05/18 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
sigur3

PostPosted: 03/05/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Still really freaking good.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/05/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

She was really good with the Opals

PostPosted: 03/05/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Because she sucked when Kristi Harrower was bringing the ball up the court?

PostPosted: 03/05/18 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Weatherspoon explains what it meant to guard Cooper @ 3:18.

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WC_Pwg0oduY?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>M</embed>

https://youtu.be/WC_Pwg0oduY?t=196

PostPosted: 03/05/18 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tough question. Making their teammates better barely enters the equation when I think of these 2 players. They certainly got their teammates plenty of wins though. They made their teammates champions.
I'd have to give this one to Coop though. She was a finisher but still a pretty solid passer. LJ was never really known for creating for others the way say McCarville was. (LJ did make her teammates "better defenders" though, by cleaning up after them a lot)

PostPosted: 03/06/18 11:38 am    ::: Re: Better at Making Their Teammates Better...Cooper or Jack Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
This is a spin-off of mavcarter's Swoopes vs. Moore thread. Which player do you think was greater at making the players around them better and more effective on the court putting them in a position to win?

In my opinon, you cant say that they made their teammates better. You can say however that due to their ability to score at a high rate, they received lots of attention defensively which opened up more opportunities for their teammates. You can also say that their ability to take over a game propelled their teams to win at a high rate.

jap

PostPosted: 03/06/18 11:55 am    ::: Re: Better at Making Their Teammates Better...Cooper or Jack Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

In my opinion, you cant say that they made their teammates better. You can say however that due to their ability to score at a high rate, they received lots of attention defensively which opened up more opportunities for their teammates. You can also say that their ability to take over a game propelled their teams to win at a high rate.

. . . except when Jackson was playing against DNasty aka Sunshine . . . then all thoughts of making her teammates better or creating opportunities for others with disruptive playmaking went out the window. I would have loved! to see those two be roommates for just five seconds . . . if they even lasted that long! Laughing

PostPosted: 03/06/18 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I could make the case for Tina Charles, too. Would Charles have won an MVP title while with New York if she had a better PG with her?

Should have won the one in 2016.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/07/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, if you got bent out of shape when I called Maya Moore overrated, you really don't want to know what I think of Sue Bird. I'd give Jackson for the answer to this question, just based off of that.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/07/18 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Well, if you got bent out of shape when I called Maya Moore overrated, you really don't want to know what I think of Sue Bird. I'd give Jackson for the answer to this question, just based off of that.

Let it out, Silky! Twisted Evil

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: