RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NY Liberty to play in Westchester
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
libertycrazy97

PostPosted: 03/03/18 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i know i am going to have issue. My seat at msg was 27, now the cheapest is 29!!!! oh hell no! and if i am not happy with the view, i will say i want up in the balcony and if they say no....i will tell them to shove it after 18 years of being a sth and even making the trek to jersey.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 03/03/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

libertycrazy97 wrote:
i know i am going to have issue. My seat at msg was 27, now the cheapest is 29!!!! oh hell no! and if i am not happy with the view, i will say i want up in the balcony and if they say no....i will tell them to shove it after 18 years of being a sth and even making the trek to jersey.

I know just how you feel

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/04/18 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like they should at least make center court balcony seats available as season tickets for 20-25 dollars per game. It's one thing to pay 29 dollars. It's another to pay it for an uncomfortable seat with a questionable sight line. I don't like sitting down low in general for that reason.

PostPosted: 03/04/18 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s what I was talking about for the Mystics when they move. Less seats being available should drive up the prices if the games sell out. Supply and demand establishes the pricing.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 03/04/18 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Dolan really expecting fans to shell out more money for Tix when they'll have to shell out more money to get to the game? What an A$$!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 03/04/18 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Is Dolan really expecting fans to shell out more money for Tix when they'll have to shell out more money to get to the game? What an A$$!!!

This move does not seem to be about revenue from Liberty ticket sales. Rather, seems a way to cut costs while increasing MSG total revenue from additional open nights for booking concerts.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/04/18 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

This move does not seem to be about revenue from Liberty ticket sales. Rather, seems a way to cut costs while increasing MSG total revenue from additional open nights for booking concerts.

Boom There it is Randy!

PostPosted: 03/04/18 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any reports from today’s WCC open house event? Turnout? Ticket prices? Commute?

toad455

PostPosted: 03/04/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmvcity wrote:

I've been patiently waiting for reports. Not expecting good news.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 03/04/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
jmvcity wrote:

I've been patiently waiting for reports. Not expecting good news.

There was good news!
Details to follow later

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/04/18 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry. We just got home about half an hour ago. Our rep told us we had a 3PM timeslot... yes, well, apparently Katie gave a half hour talk sometime before that. But we aimed for 3PM. Left about an hour later, after a long talk with Keia and a short talk with Katie.

The sight lines in the lower deck are terrible. Either you can't see because of the ribbon boards or you're too low to see anything. The only seats we found that we really like were in the upper deck, and upper deck seats aren't being sold as season tickets. (We are apparently not the only ones who have that issue. It's being put under consideration.) And when I talk about liking the seats, I'm also talking about the physical things one puts one's ass in, not just the location printed on your ticket. The lower deck seats are temporary, and narrow, and come with an awful lot of sharp edges if you're trying to get down the row. The upper deck seats are pretty much theater seats.

We did not get a chance to explore much of the area around the arena and the station. The walk wasn't terrible in daylight, but I don't know how I'd feel about it at night. (Incidentally, the #20 bus stops across Tarrytown Road, a bit down Central Avenue from the diner. So that's why it kept coming up as the best choice.) (We did, however, manage to miss our stop coming in, which is why we had to walk from the transit center anyway.) I may take an opportunity this week to head up there and explore a bit.

They've figured out arrangements for wheelchairs, but I don't know how they're going to handle canes. And even then, the solution for at least one wheelchair user is to stick her in the aisle behind the bench. (At least we only have a six-foot coach this year instead of a seven-foot coach.) She's not that tall; I don't know how she's gonna see *anything*.

I don't know how concessions are going to be set up. It looks like they might be in the area where the season ticket reps were set up, but I can't say for certain. I didn't think to ask where the bathrooms were.

At least there's wi-fi!

Official capacity with this layout is approximately 2300. That's from both the Westchester rep who gave us the tour of the upper deck and Keia Clarke. The 5000 number comes from vast swathes of additional seating on three sides and on the stage, and is used in high school games.

Columbia, despite being our preseason home, was not an option- the walls are too close to the court. Bill was apparently never thrilled with Levien's layout. Carnesecca Arena at St. John's was supposedly ruled out because of a lack of public transit. We pointed out the three bus lines, one of which connects to the subway and two of which connect to LIRR. (Yes, of course I would be biased towards that option, it's most convenient to me, but I also thought the business relationship between MSG and the St. John's men would be leverage.) Apparently no one looked at a damn bus map.

My rep was working the computer, so we didn't get to talk to him much except to let him know I was gonna need my money back. We're going to have to go the individual route in the upper deck and figure out how to get to the MSG games. He's not in charge of where he gets assigned, but he still didn't make a great impression.

Any other questions?

PostPosted: 03/04/18 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Official capacity with this layout is approximately 2300. That's from both the Westchester rep who gave us the tour of the upper deck and Keia Clarke. The 5000 number comes from vast swathes of additional seating on three sides and on the stage, and is used in high school games.

This is very not good.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/04/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe it's all a ploy to make it not seem so bad when the Mystics move into their tiny little new home. The same year the Liberty move back into a proper arena, and the resulting increase balances things out.

PostPosted: 03/04/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

This is very not good.

This is terrible to hear. And really makes it sound like a true minor league venue. A big step back for the league.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/04/18 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

This is very not good.

This is terrible to hear. And really makes it sound like a true minor league venue. A big step back for the league.

Exactly right. This is not only awful for Liberty fans and the Liberty franchise but for the WNBA and women's basketball in general. For a professional league to have its New York basketball team playing in a home arena with 2300 seats is a joke. But I'm not laughing.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

This is very not good.

Exactly right. This is not only awful for Liberty fans and the Liberty franchise but for the WNBA and women's basketball in general. For a professional league to have its New York basketball team playing in a home arena with 2300 seats is a joke. But I'm not laughing.

Well we have about 7000-9000 max here in dallas and i think it fits perfectly.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

This is very not good.

Yeah - if flagship teams like NY and DC decide that minor league arena's are they way to go, what is to stop the rest of the teams from following suit. Why pay big rent on an NBA arena that is 3/4 empty when a cheaper alternative (albeit half filled) is available. Not saying every team would do it, but some may have attractive options they simply hadn't considered in the past. The higher the fan density - the better it looks on TV which is really what matters.

Randy

PostPosted: 03/05/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Food for thought:

https://patch.com/new-york/whiteplains/westchester-knicks-create-fan-base-despite-struggling-their-inaugural-season

Quote:
Yet in spite of their performance on the court, the Knicks took pride in the way Westchester County embraced the new franchise, according to Hodges. Playing all 24 of their home games at the Westchester County Center, the Knicks averaged over 1,900 spectators per game—a 90% capacity rate.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/05/18 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Food for thought:

https://patch.com/new-york/whiteplains/westchester-knicks-create-fan-base-despite-struggling-their-inaugural-season

Quote:
Yet in spite of their performance on the court, the Knicks took pride in the way Westchester County embraced the new franchise, according to Hodges. Playing all 24 of their home games at the Westchester County Center, the Knicks averaged over 1,900 spectators per game—a 90% capacity rate.

If the Liberty average even 2,100, will the league boast that their capacity rate is the highest in the league? What if those bleacher seats need to be opened up(which has been done for Westchester Knicks games)? Plus adding in the crowds from the two camp days at MSG(likely 14k+).

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/05/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Food for thought:

Quote:

If the Liberty average even 2,100, will the league boast that their capacity rate is the highest in the league? What if those bleacher seats need to be opened up(which has been done for Westchester Knicks games)? Plus adding in the crowds from the two camp days at MSG(likely 14k+).

They can't add the bleacher seats on the stage unless they take out the Heineken Club. They might be able to add a few bleachers opposite the benches, but then the acoustics get funky, I think. Maybe behind the other basket? But then you're going to have problems getting people in and out of the sideline seats.

The place is not designed for basketball. At least at Walsh Gym, the only other place I've been to that's designed like that, the lower level sight lines are better and it's the upper level sideline that has the problem. I'm not trying to compare WCC to the Garden. I know they're not the same kind of facility. But when I can think of four or five better D-I college facilities in the area that are better suited to Liberty basketball, we might have a problem.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be interesting to hear how the Westchester Knicks add to that 2,300 capacity. They've hit 3,000+ a few times and their record attendance is reportley 3,341.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 03/05/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im surprised of all the STH's that post here...Queenie was the only one to post so far about the Pick your Seat Day,so let me be the second .

WCC is NOT and never will be anything more that a college arena...NO its not MSG but we all knew that! But lets remember we still have a team ...and not playing in the wilds of the Nassau coliseum. So lets enjoy being Liberty fans and make it work and have fun (thats what my seat mate told me and she is right)

I took the express from GCS to White Plains ...and it was not bad ...coming home took the local and it was long and boring. The walk thru the tunnel was not bad...just hope there are no game day rains

I did pick a seat and am sitting with a friend so it will be nice ...
the seat would have been much more if it was in MSG....less than my seat was in MSG and better...but when you add the increased travel costs ...its more

It was nice to see other STH's I know, sad not seeing others

toad455

PostPosted: 03/05/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

for those that attended on Sunday, was there any news on when single game tickets would go on sale? Most teams are already selling single game tickets, so hopefully the Liberty will announce soon.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 03/05/18 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
for those that attended on Sunday, was there any news on when single game tickets would go on sale? Most teams are already selling single game tickets, so hopefully the Liberty will announce soon.

No word about that but Sunday they were trying to sell season tickets

jmvcity

PostPosted: 03/05/18 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Were a bunch requesting refunds at the event?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: