RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2018 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 03/04/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always thought the basement comment was hilarious. Every good joke has a shade of truth in it.

Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/04/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3rd to last mock really mixing it up up with some of the latest trends, I plan on one big move but Lib Fan 25 kind of beat me too it, but I'm doubling down with a second move. Lets watch as the trends continue or undo themselves over the last month.

1. LV Wilson (Not crazy enough to change this yet)
2. Indy Mitchell (2018 corner stone scorer, waiting to be paired with 2019 corner stone post)
3. Chi Vivians (could she end up starting ahead of Copper by season's end?)
4. Chi Nurse (Nice back up to Quigley 3 and D off the bench glue player)
5. Sea Canada (Future back-court of Canada and Loyd will be so fast and hard to guard)
6. Dallas Deshields (opps not a post, but she'll fit in here, and they have plenty of wings to trade for a post Diggins, Gray, Deshields, GloJo, Cambage, holy crap.)
7. Was G. Williams (nice defensive fit at the SF with EDD at PF and Toliver/Hill at the PG/SG)
8. PX Billings (young, athletic, bench banger to change it up from the vet posts)
9. Conn L. Brown (Good fit with coach and team, probably a little shocked to see her this low)
10. NY Nared (I still see her as a Liberty player even if she is struggling ATM she still plays hard and is a future starting SF IMO)
11. LA Vadeeva (Only LA can take the risk)
12. Minn Russell (OK you get to learn the pro game behind Fowles time to step up)

13. LV Atkins (is this the steal of the draft?)
14. Indy Mavunga (by product of scouting someone else at the same school with someone with a shared last name already on the team)
15. Conn Scaife (Scaife and Brown bad luck for Banham)
16. Atl S. Thomas (back up for Angel)
17. Minn Goodwyn (bench scoring ala Perkins)
18. Dallas Pierre-Louis (out with the old OK Center in with the new)
19. Was Gulich (A big shot blocker to back up a big shot blocker)
20. PX Hines-Allen (all around player at this point it will be hard to break through)
21. PX McPhee (long shot, but could learn some stuff from DT in camp)
22. NY Butler (Well Stokes kind of worked, could Butler be Stokes 2.0)
23. LA Muldrow (Bench defender)
24. Minn C. Wagner (Minny to Minny, maybe Whalen can show her the ropes)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/04/18 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
3rd to last mock really mixing it up up with some of the latest trends, I plan on one big move but Lib Fan 25 kind of beat me too it, but I'm doubling down with a second move. Lets watch as the trends continue or undo themselves over the last month.

2. Indy Mitchell (2018 corner stone scorer, waiting to be paired with 2019 corner stone post)
5. Sea Canada (Future back-court of Canada and Loyd will be so fast and hard to guard)
6. Dallas Deshields (opps not a post, but she'll fit in here, and they have plenty of wings to trade for a post Diggins, Gray, Deshields, GloJo, Cambage, holy crap.)
7. Was G. Williams (nice defensive fit at the SF with EDD at PF and Toliver/Hill at the PG/SG)
8. PX Billings (young, athletic, bench banger to change it up from the vet posts)
9. Conn L. Brown (Good fit with coach and team, probably a little shocked to see her this low)
10. NY Nared (I still see her as a Liberty player even if she is struggling ATM she still plays hard and is a future starting SF IMO)
12. Minn Russell (OK you get to learn the pro game behind Fowles time to step up)

14. Indy Mavunga (by product of scouting someone else at the same school with someone with a shared last name already on the team)
20. PX Hines-Allen (all around player at this point it will be hard to break through)

As usual on this board just throw anyone in a wings uniform Laughing
We dont need diamond anymore but i will take her. I was referring to Pierre being our 2nd pick in which is just ___________

PostPosted: 03/04/18 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

What do they need besides maybe a less arrogant coach pretending to “build a culture”? I think the real culture building left when Collen left the building.

Wow, he really hit a nerve with that "basement" comment, didn't he? Fortunetely, he's a good enough coach to overcome rebkell's disgust.

If only he'd used that comment in defense of a smart move instead of an obviously dumb one

PostPosted: 03/05/18 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

We dont need diamond anymore but i will take her. I was referring to Pierre being our 2nd pick in which is just ___________

It was a coin toss between her, Gulich and Jensen, (I guess it was a 3 sided coin) but I liked the Oklahoma connection.

Based on who would be left who would you prefer?

And yeah Dallas has to take Diamond at #6 if she is there redundancy or not. Would you pass up Diamond at #6 for Russell or Billings? You can probably trade one of your wings, literal wings, not figurative Wings for a better post than you could get in the 2nd round anyway.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/05/18 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Shades wrote:

What do they need besides maybe a less arrogant coach pretending to “build a culture”? I think the real culture building left when Collen left the building.

Wow, he really hit a nerve with that "basement" comment, didn't he? Fortunetely, he's a good enough coach to overcome rebkell's disgust.

If only he'd used that comment in defense of a smart move instead of an obviously dumb one

Akhator still has plenty of time to prove she is one of the top players from the 2017 Draft. How dare us basement-dwellers continue to think otherwise.

Quote:
While few mock drafts outside of WNBA war rooms had Akhator in the top eight, the Sun and most others did.

“The WNBA coaches see it a lot differently than people sitting in their basement on the web,” Miller said with a smile.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/05/18 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

It was a coin toss between her, Gulich and Jensen, (I guess it was a 3 sided coin) but I liked the Oklahoma connection.

And yeah Dallas has to take Diamond at #6 if she is there redundancy or not. Would you pass up Diamond at #6 for Russell or Billings? You can probably trade one of your wings, literal wings, not figurative Wings for a better post than you could get in the 2nd round anyway.

If Diamond is their and thats pretty much a 1℅ chance then yes we take her but as for our 2nd pick i had Mavunga or Atkins possibly but scaife if shes still available for sure.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

If Diamond is their and thats pretty much a 1℅ chance then yes we take her but as for our 2nd pick i had Mavunga or Atkins possibly but scaife if shes still available for sure.

All of those are good picks, but on my mock above they are all gone by 18 so who would you pick if all those players are off the board? Since you are not a fan of the player I picked. Which I'm OK with, by mid second round things get much muddier.

Actually looking at Dallas I think the the 2nd round pick struggles to make the team either way (Diggins, Chong, Gray, Davis, Christmas-Kelly, Powers, Johnson, Thorton, Cambage, Plaisance and #6 bring you to 11, which pretty much leaves only one spot for Akhator, Lewis, #18, #30 and the waiver wire, if Dallas gets lucky and someone good is left at 18 then that could be the last spot, but I think Akhator, Lewis and even the top of the waiver wire could be just as good if not better than the 2nd round pick.).

I also agree it will be hard for Deshields to fall, but with Vivians, Nurse, Canada and L. Brown all sort of blowing up at the right time I don't think it is impossible that Diamond or G. Williams (my assumed lottery players with Mitchell and Wilson for most of the season) could fall out of the lottery, which was my launch point for this current mock.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/05/18 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
3rd to last mock

I’m pretty sure you’ll have more than 2 more left in you.

J-Spoon wrote:

Daring call against the consensus. Stocks reportedly does favor defense.
The reality is Williams is probably better at defense than Nurse, but they’re both good.

J-Spoon wrote:

Is she better than Brown? I suppose Canada does more closely resemble guards Hughes has recently drafted.

J-Spoon wrote:

Don’t forget it sounds like Christmas is staying and they also have Powers and Thornton. It seems Powers is playing more like a guard overseas.

J-Spoon wrote:

How can anybody pass on her at #7?

J-Spoon wrote:
8. PHX Billings (young, athletic, bench banger to change it up from the vet posts)

I’m sure Griner will like her. Will give new meaning to “bench banger”.

J-Spoon wrote:

I like Brown, so I don’t like this situation for her. Somebody save her.

J-Spoon wrote:

CON doesn’t need a lot so they could probably dabble, but they don’t have the greatest history of drawing foreign players. MIN could take that risk.

J-Spoon wrote:
17. Minn Goodwyn
24. Minn C. Wagner

Glad you’re making an effort to keep me happy. I would love this draft for Minnesota, but the odds of it happening are pretty remote.

J-Spoon wrote:

At #13, pretty appropriate value.

J-Spoon wrote:

Crafty.

J-Spoon wrote:

Are you saying MIN might get Banham for free? Shocked

J-Spoon wrote:

Good match. Neither can hit the three.
I actually kinda like Thomas for Laimbeer. Built like a bull and not a great shooter.

J-Spoon wrote:

This might be good reason for them to not take her.

J-Spoon wrote:

Got room for her or is MIN getting Zahui for free too? Cool

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/05/18 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm limiting myself to two more so I don't get carried away.

Shades I knew you would like the Minny picks, but they also make sense. Minn needs some guards and bench scoring, and a big. And it never hurts to bring in some local talent in the later rounds, and Wagner could sneak into the 12th spot.

Of course I also think if Conn gets a good guard or two in their first two picks (Nurse, Atkins, Scaife, Vivians, Brown) Banham could actually be cut (Conn is also short on roster spot especially if Romero also comes over) then you would have to decide between Banham and Wagner.

I'm torn on Zahui B in NY, this could be her come through year, I doubt The Liberty give her away for free, but we did bring in a couple of training camp post already, if we get another decent post in round 1 or 2 someone has to go, if the team still had Laimbeer I'd think we at least get a future 2nd rounder for her from Minny, or even pick #17 this year. ATM I'm assuming NY goes with 4 or 5 posts, or 4.5 post with someone who can swing between the 3 and 4 like Ibekwe, and I think Zahui B has a loose hold on that 4th post spot. That and I think our first round pick has a much better chance than our second round pick of making the team. Now if we go post first round like Billings or Russell, though I'm ot high on Russell ATM Zahui B might be a little more at risk, If we go gaurd such as Canada, Nurse or Atkins it L. Allen (or the longer shot of Boyd) who is at risk, if we go wing Nared, Vivians, S. Thomas it would be R. Allen at risk, but I'm still think last years squad at the first round pick are the front runners in NY, for a camp contract or 2nd round pick it will be tough, with L. Allen, R. Allen and Zahui B as the one's who lose their spot.

I also thought my picks for Chicago were pretty bold and it doesn't look bad when you map it out either.

Sloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Nurse
Copper/Vivians/Hooper
Dolson/N'Dour/Bulgak
Coates/Parker

Not overwhelming star power but depth, size and versatility.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/05/18 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is a Big Board really a 'board' when it has the desperate click-begging technique of putting one pick on each page?

PostPosted: 03/05/18 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Is a Big Board really a 'board' when it has the desperate click-begging technique of putting one pick on each page?

Big Flipboard.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FIRST ROUND
1. Las Vegas Aces: A’ja Wilson, 6/5 F/C South Carolina
2. Indiana Fever: Kelsey Mitchell, 5’8 G Ohio State
3. Chicago Sky: Diamond DeShields, 6’1 F Tennessee
4. Chicago Sky: Gabby Williams, 5’11 F Connecticut
5. Seattle Storm: Lexie Brown, 5’9 G Duke
6. Dallas Wings: Mercedes Russell 6’6 C Tennessee
7. Washington Mystics: Maria Vadeeva, 6’3 C Russia
8. Phoenix Mercury: Jordin Canada, 5’6 G UCLA
9. Connecticut Sun: Kia Nurse 6′ G Connecticut
10. New York Liberty: Monique Billings, 6’4 F UCLA
11. Los Angeles Sparks: Jaime Nared, 6’2 G/F Tennessee
12. Minnesota Lynx: Stephanie Mavunga 6’3 F/C Ohio State

SECOND ROUND
13. Las Vegas: Ariel Atkins 5’11 G/F Texas
14. Indiana: Tyler Scaife, 5’9 G Rutgers
15. Connecticut: Victoria Vivians, 6’1 F, Mississippi State
16. Atlanta: Katelynn Flaherty 5’7 G Michigan
17. Minnesota: Ke’Shunan James 6’1 G/F Murray State
18. Dallas: Morgan William 5’5 G Mississippi State
19. Washington: Shakayla Thomas 5’11 F Florida State
20. Phoenix: Marie Gulich 6’5 C Oregon State
21. Phoenix: Rebecca Greenwell 6’1 G/F Duke
22. New York: Vionise Pierre-Louis 6’4 C Oklahoma
23. Los Angeles: Taeler Deer 5’5 G Texas State
24. Minnesota: Brook McCarty 5’4 G Texas

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 03/05/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why does everyone think Atlanta needs a small guard, or any kind of guard?

PostPosted: 03/05/18 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Who says they are thinking. Perhaps they are just throwing darts at a draft board.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

Who says they are thinking. Perhaps they are just throwing darts at a draft board.

I have Atlanta taking the best available player.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 03/05/18 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

My question is why does everyone show a possibly useful player going at 15 (Vivians or Nared) or 17 (Russell) but never at 16?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/05/18 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:

My question is why does everyone show a possibly useful player going at 15 (Vivians or Nared) or 17 (Russell) but never at 16?

Idea Idea

PostPosted: 03/05/18 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

I’m not sure how you determine best player, but do you really visualize Flaherty as a WNBA player? If Tori Jankoska was the first cut for Chicago, Flaherty will be cut before she even shows up for camp.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/05/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have Atl taking S. Thomas it map out pretty well

Clarendon/R. Montgomery
Hayes/Sykes/Lucas
McCoughtry/S. Thomas
Breland/Dantas/Elonu
E. Williams/Stafford-McGhee

#16 is a hard place to pick, someone decent can fall, but the most useful players will be gone, if you want size that makes it even harder. I think Russell falling to 16 is unlikely so you'll be looking at maybe Mavunga, but more likely Gulich, Hines-Allen, Jensen, Pierre-Louis it is a little more likely that a decent guard/wing could fall to 16 Scaife, S. Thomas, Atkins, Nared but most likely you're looking at the best of the smaller guards, a less known quantity T. James, I. Wright, Muldrow or a second to third tier post.

If all the more known names are gone, who would Atl fans want at #16?

Last edited by J-Spoon on 03/05/18 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/05/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
jap wrote:
pilight wrote:

I’m not sure how you determine best player, but do you really visualize Flaherty as a WNBA player? If Tori Jankoska was the first cut for Chicago, Flaherty will be cut before she even shows up for camp.

True 100%. The league is getting bigger and more athletic with every new season. There are no room for smurfs.

PostPosted: 03/05/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I think she’s a decent match for ATL. How do ATL fans feel about her?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/05/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Adding another non shooter seems like ATL's style !

PostPosted: 03/05/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I'm ok with S. Thomas. I even kind of like her.

I think S. Thomas and Nared are probably the best players the Dream have some chance of actually getting. I'd say it 1 in 3 Thomas is available and 1 in 5 for Nared. Either would fill a need for backing up Angel maybe 10 minutes a game. So I was ok with the Thomas pick. I was really just grousing about some of the other mocks. One had Russell at 17 (with Dream passing), another Nared at 15 and Toad had Vivians at 15. Kind of like a few years ago when Imani and the Tiffany Mitchell went right before the Dream pick. Just for the record, I don't think Russell, Nared or Vivians go into round 2 (though Nared certainly seems like she is trying to get there at times.)

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/05/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I feel like Nared is in a slump or she is actually trying too hard (if that is possible) and it is hurting her game. A couple good games in the tourny and she is back in the first round, a couple more bad ones and she falls to mid/late second round and might end up as that player who fell too low for how good she could be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 60 of 93

Jump to: