RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hope Hicks resigns...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/28/18 7:13 pm    ::: Hope Hicks resigns... Reply Reply with quote

One day after testifying before the house committee for 12 hours wherein she admitted telling 'white lies' for the president.

Not on the NYTimes so I don't have a link yet.

Last edited by jammerbirdi on 03/03/18 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/28/18 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Saw this on my phone at work earlier. Haven't had a chance to read it yet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/28/hope-hicks-trumps-communication-director-depart-white-house/382919002/

This has to be the most dysfunctional WH EVER!!!!!!!!

Rolling Eyes

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/28/18 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Saw this on my phone at work earlier. Haven't had a chance to read it yet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/28/hope-hicks-trumps-communication-director-depart-white-house/382919002/

This has to be the most dysfunctional WH EVER!!!!!!!!

Rolling Eyes

Prediction: It's either going to get much worse or somewhat better. I'm going to go with the long shot here and say for the country, the presidency will get better. Might be much more difficult for Trump himself to lose such a key person. But he has been very poorly served by young pretty people 'playing' government. She made many mistakes.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/28/18 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is a story out there quoting friends of Hicks that says that she has been thinking about leaving since last November. As in, don't take any recent things like her testimony or her boyfriend getting the ax (was revealed he hit his ex-wives). But CNN is reporting that Trump berated her after her testimony and that was the final straw. Even if she was thinking about leaving in November, I would bet that was also because of disliking the way she was treated by Trump. I read a quote from a former Trump Organization employee who had worked there back when Trump was still married to Ivana. He said that he and other employees spent 50% of their time trying to figure out how to keep Trump from yelling at them, and that Ivana spent 99% of her time doing that.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/01/18 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i'm not sure i believe she's been thinking about leaving all that time, not seriously considering it, anyway. from what i heard on the news yesterday, hope hicks is a true believer, a devout trump disciple. but i dunno where the brilliant idea came for her to use this "little white lies" strategy. she just kicked the door wide open, and trump should righteously be upset because he's toast. another point made by pundits yesterday is that hicks, ultimately, considered that she could go broke paying attorneys to keep her out of prison. the woman's just 29!!! she's a baby, she doesn't have any massive nest egg and her life is already at a life-altering crossroads.

PostPosted: 03/01/18 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that's BS that she was planning on leaving. she just got the high-payng, high-profile job a few months ago. nope, she's flipped. sambista is right, she can't afford the lawyers & she certainly doesn't want to spend her best years sitting in a cell. Mueller is closing in.

PostPosted: 03/01/18 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nobody working in the White House not named Trump can afford the lawyers needed if the Justice Dept. or a special prosecutor is coming down on you.

Genero36

PostPosted: 03/01/18 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 03/01/18 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tick, tick, tick

PostPosted: 03/01/18 9:10 am    ::: Re: Breaking News: Hope Hicks resigns... Reply Reply with quote

Goodbye Ho Hicks.

PostPosted: 03/01/18 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump vs Clinton , almost always Clinton
BUT
Hicks over Lewinsky

sambista

PostPosted: 03/01/18 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Nobody working in the White House not named Trump can afford the lawyers needed if the Justice Dept. or a special prosecutor is coming down on you.

and that, friends, is one thing (probably among many things) trump didn't account for and has no weapon against. how long ago was it that he promised to pay the legal fees for . . . anyone? yeah, right. he's not a billionaire. he may not even be a millionaire. all those properties - how many of them does he own outright? it's all just paper. just a big old origami scam.

PostPosted: 03/01/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

Why would Hope Hicks need a lawyer at this point? She's not a defendant.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/01/18 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

A lawyer might have gotten her immunity before she gave Mueller testimony

PostPosted: 03/01/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

She didn't testify to Mueller's investigation. This was for the house committee.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/01/18 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

She didn't testify to Mueller's investigation. This was for the house committee.

If she did that without a lawyer then she is very foolish indeed

PostPosted: 03/01/18 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

She testified before Mueller earlier in February. There is little question she has some legal liability relating to the statement about the Trump tower meeting with the Russians and a comment she made regarding Trump jr emails. She has counsel, needs it and probably can not afford it today, but at the same time if she stops telling her little white lies for Trump, she should come out just fine.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/01/18 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

She testified before Mueller earlier in February. There is little question she has some legal liability relating to the statement about the Trump tower meeting with the Russians and a comment she made regarding Trump jr emails. She has counsel, needs it and probably can not afford it today, but at the same time if she stops telling her little white lies for Trump, she should come out just fine.

lol, yeah, that 'little white lie' admission. I forgot about that. she's basically saying come and get me, boys. wait. did I just say that? Confused

sambista

PostPosted: 03/01/18 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, each of these these administration people needs a lawyer if coming before anything that smells like an official investigative body.

PostPosted: 03/02/18 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
.... but at the same time if she stops telling her little white lies for Trump, she should come out just fine.

If I'm understanding correctly, Hope said she lied TO Trump, not necessarily FOR him....tiny semantic diff, but could be at the crux of how much trouble she may/may not be in. I'd heard it reported that she admitted to telling 'white lies' to her boss in her communications role. And literally, that could have been stuff like, "You look so GOOD today, Mr. Trump!".....(no, wait....that wouldn't be 'little' Razz)

PostPosted: 03/02/18 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
.... but at the same time if she stops telling her little white lies for Trump, she should come out just fine.

If I'm understanding correctly, Hope said she lied TO Trump, not necessarily FOR him....tiny semantic diff, but could be at the crux of how much trouble she may/may not be in. I'd heard it reported that she admitted to telling 'white lies' to her boss in her communications role. And literally, that could have been stuff like, "You look so GOOD today, Mr. Trump!".....(no, wait....that wouldn't be 'little' Razz)

It's is reported here on CNN, that she lied "on behalf" of Trump, not to Trump. And that she "argued she hasn't had to lie about substantive issues for Trump".

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/02/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A great loss in political eye candy, class, taste, and self-effacing discretion. It will be interesting to see whether she goes back into the Trump organization or has some other outside job lined up.
sambista

PostPosted: 03/02/18 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

this is exactly what i'm talking about, if it's true: the nyt is reporting that trump has asked kelly to get rid of kushner and ivanka (kushner, being the real target, apparently). i mean, c'mon! you can't man up, pull your own kin aside and say, "look, y'all gots to go." others have said it: trump will do anything to protect his own sizable ass. what a punk-ass coward.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/01/us/politics/trump-chaos-oval-office.html

PostPosted: 03/02/18 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
this is exactly what i'm talking about, if it's true: the nyt is reporting that trump has asked kelly to get rid of kushner and ivanka (kushner, being the real target, apparently). i mean, c'mon! you can't man up, pull your own kin aside and say, "look, y'all gots to go." others have said it: trump will do anything to protect his own sizable ass. what a punk-ass coward.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/01/us/politics/trump-chaos-oval-office.html

Come on. I couldn't fire Ivanka. If she were my daughter? Plus she's a worldwide icon now. That's not something I want to mess with. Your worldwide icons. Plus, who knows what she has on me. I mean, not me, but HIM.

So here is the nuance or lack thereof I'm talking about and this story exposes it perfectly. CNN's reporter Jeff Zeleny, two days ago, was saying the following on this very subject. He was saying that his sources were telling him that, REMEMBER, he's Trump's son-in-law. REMEMBER, she's Trump's daughter. And on and on. Sort of boilerplate nepotism wins out stuff. But even the fucking JAMMER has known for months that Trump wants both of them out. He's begged them to go back to New York. So I know this, some fucking fat ass nobody photog musician sitting in LA, but CNN's Jeff Zeleny apparently knows NOTHING of any of that and is telling the American people that, Hey, NEPOTISM, Trump.

Point is, it's like, grab onto your favorite historically evil trait, nepotism, authoritarianism, coward or paper tiger, and run with it. Stick to that. You have to be right, right? No. Sorry. Shit is always SO much more complicated than that. Trump wants them out, Jeff Zeleny. If you'd have talked to Maggie Haberman she'd probably have told you. Or, worse, you DID know. You just can't unclench your teeth from Donald Trump's ass long enough to tell the American people a more nuanced version of the facts which might paint the president in a light that is more complex and slightly less condemnable than that which painting him as a remorseless inflexible practitioner of nepotism allows. Rolling Eyes

On another hand. 'Cause there's too many for it to be just on the other hand. This presidency is starting to become like the last days of Elvis. With this sudden tariff meeting and announcement. Wasn't even on the schedule at 9:00 PM the prior evening. Tough on the NRA two days ago, secret meeting last night and now it's all hunky dory.

Elvis wants to go bowling at 4AM. Off we go. Elvis wants to buy y'all a Cadillac. Yea, Elvis! Shocked

Seems like people think that Trump firing JaVanka is like some employer or manager or business owner firing an employee. First firing someone high profile from the White House is like 'firing' a toe or a finger. It's not firing an employee. It's like firing a part of yourself. Your administration. It's going to hurt YOU, the president, more than anyone else. It is an admission of failure under the most glaring and critical and unforgiving scrutiny imaginable.

But firing your daughter and her husband from the White House. At 72 years old? lol. That's like a guy cutting off his dick. It's everything in my first paragraph PLUS you're pretty much destroying one of the most important personal relationships you've ever had, you're HURTING your daughter, you're saying your daughter failed. And we all know this media will take that and do its level best to destroy Ivanka and whatever is left of her relationship with the Big D.

It was STUPID to put them in this position and it was SO predictable how this was going to end. But that's what Elvis wanted. Yes. General Kelly. Make this happen. Please. They HAVE to go. Because Jared HAS to be five minutes away from being charged for doing something and both of them have to be gone before that happens. And delegating a surrogate to manage their departure is really the only way this president could reasonably rid himself of these two. Apparently, as I said, he's already asked them to consider going back to New York and they didn't want that. So here we are.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/02/18 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jammer Dearest:

M'thinks thou dost overthink some things.

You/me? Sons in The Family Business in Fishbowlville. Dad/mom does not like our 'presence' in town, impact on the business? REAL dads/moms don't get Cousin Zelda to tell us to move. They don't tell Rev. Schmuck to break the news, either. THEY sit us down, and tell us how we WILL be moving to the Utica branch. And our story will be about how needed we are there, in Utica.

This is yet another calculated spectacle, orchestrated by the Manipulative One. It's called The Art of Controlling All Without Appearing To Be Overly Authoratarian. Donald is a Media Whore of epic proportions....makes Palin look like a hermit crab. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: