RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

We are so used to this
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/24/18 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that some people are blaming all of the people who had nothing to do with this shooting, while at the same time giving the FBI a pass on gross negligence in the process.

I'm also seeing all this handwringing over expanded background checks. Well that bill has been on the Senate's desk since late last year (the fix NICS bill). So why no action on the bill? It passed the House already, what's the problem?

you'll need to ask the Turtle since the repugs are in charge of what bills get advanced to the floor for a vote.

PostPosted: 02/24/18 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/24/18 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That cartoon is a stupidly simplistic view of the situation.

Even if we granted the supposition that armed staff would act as a potential deterrent (which is a weak one to begin with*) it would mean adding guns into the mix everywhere. Statistics are clear that by doing that you increase the odds of dying. Consider the problems we have with officer involved shootings. And those are people that train extensively on weapon safety and conflict resolution. Now put those weapons in untrained hands. Yeah, nothing bad is going to happen.

*The most obvious problem is that it assumes school shooters choose their target because it is a target of opportunity rather than it being targeted specifically. This has not historically been the case. The second most obvious issue is that nearly all school shooters go in expecting to die, either by their own hand or law enforcement. So the fact that someone has a gun is not going to be a serious deterrent.

PostPosted: 02/24/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Multiple news stories have now said that there were 4 armed law enforcement officers outside this Florida school, taking cover behind patrol cars, while the shooting was ongoing. If armed police officers aren't adequately trained to intervene, I don't see how school staff can be expected to be effective in this role.

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/26/18 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump says he would have run into Florida school without a weapon

Quote:
President Donald Trump said Monday that he would have charged into a Florida school during the shooting there earlier this month even if he were unarmed.

"I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon," Trump told governors meeting at the White House to discuss school safety.

Quote:
President Trump on Monday also defended his proposal that some teachers in schools be armed and trained in the use of firearms, saying he only wanted "highly trained people that have a natural talent [for shooting], like hitting a baseball, or hitting a golf ball, or putting" to handle weapons in schools. The president compared the skill involved in handling firearms to that required for the game of golf, where "some people always make the 4-footer, and some people under pressure can’t even take their club back."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-he-would-have-run-florida-school-n851266

PostPosted: 02/26/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Trump says he would have run into Florida school without a weapon

Quote:
President Donald Trump said Monday that he would have charged into a Florida school during the shooting there earlier this month even if he were unarmed.

"I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon," Trump told governors meeting at the White House to discuss school safety.

Quote:
President Trump on Monday also defended his proposal that some teachers in schools be armed and trained in the use of firearms, saying he only wanted "highly trained people that have a natural talent [for shooting], like hitting a baseball, or hitting a golf ball, or putting" to handle weapons in schools. The president compared the skill involved in handling firearms to that required for the game of golf, where "some people always make the 4-footer, and some people under pressure can’t even take their club back."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-he-would-have-run-florida-school-n851266

Of course President Bone Spurs would.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/26/18 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sure you would have, Pussy Galore.

PostPosted: 02/26/18 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

PostPosted: 02/27/18 5:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Punk, before you brag about rushing in with no weapon against a smoking AR-15, how about starting with the smaller stuff like appearing in press conferences, the correspondents' dinner and the Parkland Town Hall meeting.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/27/18 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 02/27/18 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw the video of Trump claiming he'd have gone in without a gun and he, the long-time bold-faced liar and self-promoter, had his voice crack or distort when he said it. It was too much for even him to pull off.

sambista

PostPosted: 02/27/18 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

he can't even fire people, even though that's his claim to infamy. he always has someone else do it, or he says someone else recommended the firing, then the target "resigns." he has never outright fired anyone in his administration.

punk-ass mofo.

PostPosted: 02/27/18 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is The Place I wanna live....you too?? Shocked

PostPosted: 02/27/18 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aw, listen to y'all. Trump has balls. He may not like confrontation or to fire people. But I get that. I don't like it either. And yeah, he ain't running into no building to face down a shooter. lol.

That dude, despite all the sort of rep he has a conman and all that, he's very naive. He doesn't know himself very well. He probably thinks he would run in to face a shooter unarmed. But if you made him think hard about it, he'd probably walk it back a little as he thought, Yeah, okay, maybe I wouldn't. And he'd probably say it out loud as he absolutely must say anything that he is thinking in real time.

But I also have to say, this dude has balls. Serious balls. It may just grate everyone's cheese to even hear someone say that but I think that the general viewpoint on Trump is so completely toxic, like he's the person who murdered everyone in each and every person's family so nobody can even conceive or admit any attribute to the guy. But the proof on that point is overwhelming. I don't know why these things matter to people that they have to like dig in on something like that. Clearly, this guy has balls. We all know the job requires a LOT more than bravado.

Trump has become like such an lightning rod/excuse repository/ultimate boogie man that I'm really afraid we're all missing or forgetting the many breaking points we've been at for much of the last decade. If not before. Trump is like, Oh TRUMP, Whew, Fuck TRUMP! I want my country back! When EVERYTHING, every FUCKING thing was fucked up long before Trump came down that escalator.

We're going to survive Trump. But we're already NOT survivng the state of the mainstream media. That's why we have Trump. We're not going to survive the REST of our government and the special interests that control it. We're not likely to survive and see the Democratic Party removed from the greedy and powerful hands of the California elite. Many of our countrymen and women are not going to survive the downward pressure that's destroying cities like Baltimore or the middle class or the working class. The homeless problem that pre-dates Donald Trump? Those people aren't going to survive period.

Trump's biggest sin is handing all these cabinet secretary positions to the foxes who are doing the predictable number on the hen house.

And this corporate tax cut. lol. Corporations aren't pumping that money into their workforce or to building out business etc. They're using it to buy back their own stock, sending the prices higher. Great for execs and shareholders, not so great for the country and everyone else. Inevitability. That's my new word. The super rich grabbing money for themselves was inevitable. Pumping money into the economy and ushering in a revitalized American workforce? Not so much.

It's amazing how Trump can say something as stupid as hell and get everyone going.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/27/18 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
But I also have to say, this dude has balls. Serious balls.....Clearly, this guy has balls. We all know the job requires a LOT more than bravado.

Hmm. Darlin', you're confuzzling your "B" words: "balls" and even "bravado" should never be confused with "bullshit" and "bluster", and the other less obvious one, "branding". He executes and relies on the strategy of Bullshitty Braggadocio = Branding: What he sez (repeatedly and loudly) = Truth (in his contorted mind). His Bullying Bluster is really designed to HIDE his lack of balls. Real "balls" and "bravado" are what the heroes did to shield kids' lives in the Florida shooting. In the heat of the crisis, they did what they knew would cost them their lives, without afterthought. Trump doesn't have that.
Yes, anyone with more than 14 brain cells knows "the job" requires substance: lacking that, he feigns bravado in the interest of bamboozling The Deplorables to buy into his Branding, but it's Bogus.

jammerbirdi wrote:
It's amazing how Trump can say something as stupid as hell and get everyone going.

It is the hallmark of his insidious ingenuity: Bamboozle 'em with your Bombastic Bullshit, and watch the discord unfold, much like Nero enjoyed fireworks.

PostPosted: 02/27/18 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL. So you’re talking about physical courage like fighting or that which it takes for rushing into buildings to save people from a guy with a gun. Okay. Which I plainly stated Trump doesn’t have and is something he wouldn’t do. But then he’s 72 and the president of the United States, so that is really like a million miles removed from reality in discussing his ‘balls.’

You know, the things that would get you or me through facing the White House press corp for the first time, calmly through addressing congress with the world watching, hosting the leader of China. Hello, you or I would be Xi Jinping pissing our pants. But then I would have needed like a virtuoso performance by the pharmaceutical industry just to come down the stairs there at the Capitol and take the oath of office. And like a million other things Trump has pulled off without even a sliver of an indication of nerves. These things are just simply true and established historical facts. He comports himself, albeit stupidly, no one is denying that, in every setting I’ve ever seen him in, as if he is the boss, and the one and only boss at that.

And I’m not saying that this is on Trump necessarily a quality. But it is most definitely there and in another man or woman sitting in his position, it certainly would be a desired for thing to put in the box marked ‘attribute.’

I understand the hatred and disdain for all things Trump. But people arguing that he’s a coward or gutless or that he has no balls. It’s pretty much the only thing he does have. But you can’t say he has balls because you have to rephrase that into something acceptably anti-Trump like bullshit or bluster. It's like, in a world where people can legitimately look at the same thing and call it two drastically different things (like is it a pot roast or a dead animal?) then you have Trump, and, finally, Rebkell's, where no argument is too small to spend a solid week on. lol.

I’ve been in so many fights in my life I can’t remember them all. But I remember the fear. And at just about any decade of my life, I would have been at serious risk of a heart attack if I had to make a state of the union speech or sit down with and then hold a joint press conference with the prime minister of Great Britain. Politicians are prepared for this by years of stump speeches and a professional need to acquire the chops and balls to pull off the performance. Still, some presidents and many more candidates for the job have fucking withered as they even tried on the glare of that spotlight. Trump had no political career to prepare him and he has pulled that part of it all off with an air of inevitability and a presentation that ranges from cockiness to calm. He definitely has not shown himself ever to be afraid of the moment, not any moment yet that I’ve seen, or of standing confidently on that perch.

And speaking of balls, I also think a surprise trip to someplace like uh... MEXICO... that’s not something I would have done in the first months of my presidency if I was Donald Trump. Because I would have been fucking worried about not coming back.

I’m not saying I absolutely couldn’t do any of this president stuff. Or that others here couldn’t if faced with it as a reality. But just because I hate Trump that doesn’t mean I’m not humanly aware of the psychological requirements that a person would need to perform in this role. It is a performance. But it is also one that is very real and requires balls out the wazoo.

It’s nice not being a celeb or a bobsledder so I don’t have to walk back or delete something remotely positive I’ve said about the Trump administration. I can just stick it in your faces and keep it there. Twisted Evil

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/18 4:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-lDb0Dn8OXE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sambista

PostPosted: 02/28/18 6:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-lDb0Dn8OXE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

classic.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/28/18 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's amazing how Trump can say something as stupid as hell and get jammer to admire/defend him. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/28/18 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To my thinking, nuance isn’t just required, it’s essential. CNN runs their ‘It’s an apple’ commercial in response to Trump. It looks like a public service announcement. But it is a commercial. What CNN calls something, it is. Unlike Trump, who calls their network ‘fake news.’ But then they run a banner all day that says ‘Breaking News’ while they endlessly discuss news that is days old and isn’t ‘Breaking News’ to anyone, anywhere.

But CNN thinks that’s okay. That because of the mess that Trump creates of things like news and information and facts, that the messiness of their own work and the lack of total honesty in their product, largely consisting of arguing between paid political hacks about Russia, that what they do is clean and right. I just think that right now that total nuanced assessments of what’s happening and why are essential.

If someone says Trump is gutless I’m like uh... that particular charge is bullshit and is said only to make the person saying it feel better. And, in this case, Trump pushed a button and basically poof, like magic, the words come out of your mouth. It’s purely emotional. But it’s saying something bad about Trump so it’s popular and sure to win a person many friends and admirers.

I guess I like talking to people like they’re in the same room with me. Not on the internet. People are more likely to allow for the truth and don’t run things at each other like slogans you’d see written on signs people are carrying at protest rallies. i just think the more interesting conversation is the one that is coming from a place where honest assessments are the jumping off point.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/28/18 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/28/18 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3. Eh, I totally agree, without mockery and with a heart that breaks for the ignorant and uneducated, that Trump is a stupid man’s (what’s with the picking on men?) idea of a smart man. People’s lives are very simple. This guy has Trump painted on his own airline-sized passenger jet. I have come NOT to attribute much of what Trump does to some crazy like a fox intelligence. But I am wrong about Trump a lot. Nothing surprises me anymore. .

But the rest of this sounds like AGAIN exactly what I’m talking about, pulpit worthy preaching to the choir.

1. Trump is rich. Just shut up.

2. And the media itself has refered to him as a strongman in defining the affect of his governing style. It’s an accurate description, IMO. Is he strong in terms of fortitude? Uh. Ye-ah. I would say so. But then I am weak so what do you expect me to say. I am number 2.

Wait. What? 💩

pilight

PostPosted: 02/28/18 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gun instructor uses AR-15 to stop attacker

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/aurora-beacon-news/news/ct-abn-oswego-stabbing-charges-st-0227-20180227-story.html

Quote:
Thomas believes if he'd grabbed the smaller gun, the threat would have been less effective and he would have ended up shooting the man.

PostPosted: 02/28/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump has gone rogue on guns in on-camera meeting.

Trump: It doesn't make sense that I have to wait until I'm 21 to get a handgun but I can get this (assault) weapon at 18. I don't know. So I'm just curious as to what you did in your bill.

(pause)

Trump: You don't know the answer?

Senator Pat Toomey: We didn't address it Mr. President

Trump: You know why? Because you're afraid of the NRA, right?

CNN is reporting that Trump said that multiple times. Senator John Cornyn has called this meeting 'surreal.' Democrats, according to CNN, sat through this meeting for an hour hearing Trump basically "all but endorse several of their proposals which do not have majority support from Republicans." Dems are trying to figure out whether this is Tuesday Trump (think DACA) talking and whether in 48 hours we will get Thursday Trump (think DACA).

Republicans are furious both over the 'afraid of the NRA' comment but also over this thing called the 'Gun Violence Restraining Order' which VP Mike Pence was trying to explain this fairly self-explanatory thing to our stupid dolt of a president to which Trump allegedly responded 'Do do diligence later. Take the guns first." Shocked

Somewhere in there, I'm telling you, is a sliver of a president who could knock down walls. But what do I know. I'm starting to think he's not going to get the chance. And then we'll have Pence. Which is going to be something much different I'm afraid than Trump. Unprecedented right wing control of the US government.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/28/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Trump has gone rogue on guns in on-camera meeting.

Trump: It doesn't make sense that I have to wait until I'm 21 to get a handgun but I can get this (assault) weapon at 18. I don't know. So I'm just curious as to what you did in your bill.

(pause)

Trump: You don't know the answer?

Senator Pat Toomey: We didn't address it Mr. President

Trump: You know why? Because you're afraid of the NRA, right?

CNN is reporting that Trump said that multiple times. Senator John Cornyn has called this meeting 'surreal.' Democrats, according to CNN, sat through this meeting for an hour hearing Trump basically "all but endorse several of their proposals which do not have majority support from Republicans." Dems are trying to figure out whether this is Tuesday Trump (think DACA) talking and whether in 48 hours we will get Thursday Trump (think DACA).

Republicans are furious both over the 'afraid of the NRA' comment but also over this thing called the 'Gun Violence Restraining Order' which VP Mike Pence was trying to explain this fairly self-explanatory thing to our stupid dolt of a president to which Trump allegedly responded 'Do do diligence later. Take the guns first." Shocked

Somewhere in there, I'm telling you, is a sliver of a president who could knock down walls. But what do I know. I'm starting to think he's not going to get the chance. And then we'll have Pence. Which is going to be something much different I'm afraid than Trump. Unprecedented right wing control of the US government.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: