RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big East Finale - 2/25/18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/25/18 9:49 am    ::: Big East Finale - 2/25/18 Reply Reply with quote

All games available on the Big East Digital Network via the FoxSportsGo app or online here: https://www.foxsportsgo.com/
Creighton at Villanova is on FS1

DePaul at Seton Hall - 1P EST.
Stats: http://sidearmstats.com/setonhall/wbball/

Marquette at St. John's - 2P EST
Stats: http://www.gomarquette.com/gametracker/launch/?event=1574416&school=marq&sport=wbaskbl&

Butler at Xavier - 2P EST
Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/xavier/wbball/

Providence at Georgetown - 2P EST
Stats: http://www.guhoyas.com/gametracker/launch/?event=1574848&school=gu&sport=wbaskbl&

Creighton at Villanova - 2P EST - FS1
Stats: http://www.villanova.com/gametracker/launch/gt_wbaskbl.html?event=1575404&school=nova&sport=wbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/25/18 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of the scenarios for today:

-DePaul and Marquette come into today tied for first. If one team wins and the other loses, the winner gets the outright conference title and the loser finishes in 2nd. If they both win today, they tie for the regular season conference title and the 3rd place finisher will be the tiebreaker for the top seed in the BET (MU and DePaul split head to head this season). If Villanova finishes in 3rd, Marquette wins a tiebreaker and if Creighton finishes in 3rd, DePaul wins a tiebreaker based on head to head results.
-Creighton and Villanova are tied for 3rd and the winner of their game determines the 3rd and 4th place finishers.
-St. John's is locked into the 5th seed since they swept Georgetown and win a tiebreaker over them.
-Georgetown is locked into the 6th seed and the last bye to the quarterfinals.

-Seton Hall and Butler will be the 7 or 8 seed (don't have time to research all the tiebreakers for them right now as they split this year - Butler has a win over Villanova though and may win for that). Seton Hall is one game ahead of Butler coming into today.

-I think Providence will be the 9 seed and Xavier the 10 seed no matter what.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/25/18 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Close one so far in South Orange. Watching the stats from my seat at Carnesecca. Steeling myself for an onslaught of feels.

PostPosted: 02/25/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Close one so far in South Orange. Watching the stats from my seat at Carnesecca. Steeling myself for an onslaught of feels.

DePaul is starting to pull away - 39-28 at the half.

I'm getting very nervous...

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/25/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seton Hall made it interesting but DePaul clinches at least a share of the Big East Regular Season Title with a 72-68 win over Seton Hall.

Marquette is up 36-25 at halftime at St. John's - come on Marquette - hold on.

In the other key game for the top of the standings, Villanova leads 27-20 at the half.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/25/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St John's made me nervous when they got the lead down to 12 but Marquette went on a 6-0 run after that. Marquette wins 76-57 and ties with DePaul to share the Big East regular season title - woo hoo!

Marquette gets the top seed in the BET on the strength of sweeping 3rd place finisher Villanova who DePaul split against (Villanova beat Creighton today to finish 3rd).

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/25/18 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
St John's made me nervous when they got the lead down to 12 but Marquette went on a 6-0 run after that. Marquette wins 76-57 and ties with DePaul to share the Big East regular season title - woo hoo!

Marquette gets the top seed in the BET on the strength of sweeping 3rd place finisher Villanova who DePaul split against (Villanova beat Creighton today to finish 3rd).

Congrats! You guys seemed really up in the second half, so I guess someone was scoreboard watching. (We got to shake Coach's hand after the game and congratulate her. She seemed a little surprised.)

Has Blockton hit a growth spurt or something? I swear she's playing more like a forward than a guard.

PostPosted: 02/25/18 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Congrats! You guys seemed really up in the second half, so I guess someone was scoreboard watching. (We got to shake Coach's hand after the game and congratulate her. She seemed a little surprised.)

Has Blockton hit a growth spurt or something? I swear she's playing more like a forward than a guard.

Thanks Queenie.

I was really scared about this game especially after the overtime escape in Milwaukee to open BE play. But MU definitely seemed determined in this one and I loved the defense - Davenport had 6 steals in this one (we'll just have to give her a pass on the 5 turnovers Smile ).

I'm not sure about a growth spurt. But she worked hard in the offseason to improve her three point shot and I don't freak out nearly as much about that shot as I used to. I still scream no about everytime Wilborn puts up a 3 but she made a couple of those today. Campbell put up some very impressive stats for DePaul but I think Blockton did enough to live up to her preseason BE POY - I would have to think she'll win that award when it's announced on Wednesday.

I had been so disappointed with MU after the non-conference schedule and really gave them no chance to make the NCAA Tourney at that point much less capture a BE regular season title. I'm happy to be wrong Smile. Of course they still need to perform well in the BET and the NCAA Tourney - this won't mean nearly as much if they go out and lay an egg in those tournaments.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/25/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And on a random note after following multiple games via stats today, can everyone please just get rid of Gametracker and replace it with sidearm stats? I hate following Gametracker and like the sidearm stats so much better.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/25/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
And on a random note after following multiple games via stats today, can everyone please just get rid of Gametracker and replace it with sidearm stats? I hate following Gametracker and like the sidearm stats so much better.

Gametracker is the worst, because it autoplays that stupid video ad, and you can't ad-block it because then it won't go away and you can't access the stats. I have my issues with Sidearm school sites (no, I'm not missing out by deactivating my ad-blocker, go away pop-up message) but they have way easier to read stats.

PostPosted: 02/25/18 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

Gametracker is the worst, because it autoplays that stupid video ad, and you can't ad-block it because then it won't go away and you can't access the stats. I have my issues with Sidearm school sites (no, I'm not missing out by deactivating my ad-blocker, go away pop-up message) but they have way easier to read stats.

I also feel like Sidearm gives better and more stats and Gametracker still hasn't seemed to fully adjust to the women's game being quarters - they've had enough time to do that. Gametracker still often says halftime at the end of the first quarter (does correct itself at the start of the second quarter though usually) and I've had problems getting accurate foul stats for a team each quarter on Gametracker.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/25/18 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I also feel like Sidearm gives better and more stats and Gametracker still hasn't seemed to fully adjust to the women's game being quarters - they've had enough time to do that. Gametracker still often says halftime at the end of the first quarter (does correct itself at the start of the second quarter though usually) and I've had problems getting accurate foul stats for a team each quarter on Gametracker.

plus when you click on a player to see Steals and BLocks, it's always wrong.

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/26/18 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

plus when you click on a player to see Steals and BLocks, it's always wrong.

I can never find turnovers on Gametracker either which is something I really want to know during games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: