RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

KLS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtbtbtb

PostPosted: 02/22/18 2:30 pm    ::: KLS Reply Reply with quote

Best player in the country! It's amazing how much she grew as a player from her freshmen year to now. A complete basketball player. Scoring, shooting, passing, leading, basketball iq and even defense.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/22/18 2:35 pm    ::: Re: KLS Reply Reply with quote

dtbtbtb wrote:
Best player in the country! It's amazing how much she grew as a player from her freshmen year to now. A complete basketball player. Scoring, shooting, passing, leading, basketball iq and even defense.

Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: 02/22/18 3:02 pm    ::: Re: KLS Reply Reply with quote

dtbtbtb wrote:

Don’t know about BEST, but certainly Top 10 Best. I’d put her around 4-6 best. But your right, she is a complete package and the real deal.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/22/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great topic to start, LouConn has been impressive here and there, I think a lot of it has to do with her being the best Scorer on the team and Geno basically telling the team to get her the ball like he’s done with some other great players. That said she’s not better to me then Brown of Baylor or Wilson, and still would be picked behind ether when it’s time for her to go pro.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/22/18 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Great topic to start, LouConn has been impressive here and there, I think a lot of it has to do with her being the best Scorer on the team and Geno basically telling the team to get her the ball like he’s done with some other great players. That said she’s not better to me then Brown of Baylor or Wilson, and still would be picked behind ether when it’s time for her to go pro.

+1

PostPosted: 02/22/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Need to recheck your time, Wilson is a senior and LouConn and K. Brown are not.

ewecon

PostPosted: 02/22/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, I have to call BS on this. I could be wrong, but I've never heard Geno specifically tell his team to get the ball to KLS. With a team full of All-Americans, and 6 players averaging double figures in scoring, why would he need to say that? The fact that her scoring average is 18.3/ppg on a team that has 5 other double digit scorers is pretty impressive. She would easily average 25 points a game if that were not the case.

No doubt that Brown and Wilson are great players, but their game is not as complete as KLS. I'm far more impressed with Wilson than I am Brown. She's big and can bully her way in to score. That's what she's got going for her. I'd still rather have KLS on my team over those two. But hey, that's just me.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 02/22/18 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don’t mind Occasional is a hater just read the posts has never said a positive thing always negative, guessing there is an agenda which is beginning to show.

Homyonkel

PostPosted: 02/22/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What an incredible statement. KLS has been known as a scorer since high school. It took Geno a year and a half to convince her that she could do other things beside setting up beyond the arc. Now, she can drive to the basket, make pin-point passes, handle the ball as well as many point guards and defend superbly. Her scoring, as great as it is, is limited by the fact that 5 other team members are scoring in double figures and, more often than not, she doesn't get to play in the 4th. quarter.

Now that I think of it, her talents are so obvious the quoted poster must have his own agenda here.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/22/18 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Need to recheck your time, Wilson is a senior and LouConn and K. Brown are not.

What I’m saying is if LouConn could go pro this year she would still be going behind Wilson, maybe even Mitchell, best player in the Country she is not.
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/22/18 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Don’t mind Occasional is a hater just read the posts has never said a positive thing always negative, guessing there is an agenda which is beginning to show.

If I have an agenda in your eyes so be it, I just don’t think LouConn is some world beater who’s better then Wilson, I also don’t think you can say LouConn is that much better then her because she can shoot from outside and handle the ball, they have different games and are expected to do different things for there team.
dtbtbtb

PostPosted: 02/23/18 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO Lou is a better basketball player than Wilson is, skills wise. If Lou would have been in the draft this season most probably Wilson would be drafted before her becouse she is big will be a good player in the WNBA for years to come as a 4 and fill in 5 while Lou will be strictly a 3 and her body is more fragile than Wilson's. The claim that anyone else would have been selected before Lou in this coming draft is funny at best...it will be interesting to see what happens next season with players such as Brown, Collier and Z and who will be chosen where in the draft.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/23/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, they are difficult to compare because they play different positions and provide different needs for different teams. Saying one is better than the other is like saying mustard is better than ketchup.

To each his/her own.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtbtbtb wrote:
IMO Lou is a better basketball player than Wilson is, skills wise. If Lou would have been in the draft this season most probably Wilson would be drafted before her becouse she is big will be a good player in the WNBA for years to come as a 4 and fill in 5 while Lou will be strictly a 3 and her body is more fragile than Wilson's. The claim that anyone else would have been selected before Lou in this coming draft is funny at best...it will be interesting to see what happens next season with players such as Brown, Collier and Z and who will be chosen where in the draft.

McCowan. It’s possible KLS might not be a lottery pick in 2019 but maybe she’ll squeak in there. I dunno... with KLS, you can’t take the chance of not drafting her, and yet you should probably be prepared to be disappointed. Might not be that immediate impact player. She needs to get stronger. Of course, people felt Stewart needed to get stronger and she’s managed alright so far.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/23/18 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Samuelson is a wing. Stewart is a post.

There is no similarity between the two other than their last names begin with S and both went to UConn. Just more drivel.

Regarding the Geno setting her up nonsense,

Shots taken this season:

Collier 307
Stevens 270
Samuelson 256
Nurse 245

What I did find interesting is that in terms of FT attempts the top two are
Samuelson and Nurse. Not the posts.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/23/18 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dtbtbtb wrote:

McCowan. It’s possible KLS might not be a lottery pick in 2019 but maybe she’ll squeak in there. I dunno... with KLS, you can’t take the chance of not drafting her, and yet you should probably be prepared to be disappointed. Might not be that immediate impact player. She needs to get stronger. Of course, people felt Stewart needed to get stronger and she’s managed alright so far.

Whew! Vehemently disagree! Katie Lou Samuelson will definitely be a lottery pick, definitely will have an immediate impact and will be an All Star her first year. She's tougher and stronger than most people realize. She might look like the girl next door but she's not. She can do it all and getting better...

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/18 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just because you’re a wing doesn’t mean you don’t need to get stronger to play in the WNBA. Samuelson needs to get stronger. Delle Donne needed to get stronger and she recognized that herself. JJones benefited by getting stronger in the Korean league. If you’re tall and lanky, no matter what your position, you need to get stronger for the WNBA. So with Samuelson, does she need to get stronger or is she fine as is? Does she seem like the type to make the sacrifice of time and effort to get stronger? If she does, why is waiting until she’s drafted, like Delle Donne, to get stronger? Prepare for WNBA now.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/18 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:
dtbtbtb wrote:

Whew! Vehemently disagree! Katie Lou Samuelson will definitely be a lottery pick, definitely will have an immediate impact and will be an All Star her first year. She's tougher and stronger than most people realize. She might look like the girl next door but she's not. She can do it all and getting better...

Well I said she might be a lottery pick, so I don’t think we’re that far off, unless you want to make the call that she's the #1 pick. Then there’s going to be some disagreement. You didn’t say anything about her being the ROY. You might as well throw that in there too if you’re projecting all the other stuff without even knowing which team she’s going to. If she’s going to be a first year All Star, she’ll have to go to a team with a weak SF situation where it’s possible she might start like SEA (MIN owns their spot and if she goes to MIN she’s not doing much), NYL.... I dunno where else could she start? Seems like this could be favorite player fan girling go on here.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/23/18 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Just because you’re a wing doesn’t mean you don’t need to get stronger to play in the WNBA. Samuelson needs to get stronger. Delle Donne needed to get stronger and she recognized that herself. JJones benefited by getting stronger in the Korean league. If you’re tall and lanky, no matter what your position, you need to get stronger for the WNBA. So with Samuelson, does she need to get stronger or is she fine as is? Does she seem like the type to make the sacrifice of time and effort to get stronger? If she does, why is waiting until she’s drafted, like Delle Donne, to get stronger? Prepare for WNBA now.

You're arguing with assumptions. You're assuming she's not working and not getting better and stronger. I don't know where you're getting this concept from but Geno Auriemma might be a good source. She's got another year of strength building coming before WNBA. However, you are on target to example KLS with Delle Donne. She is a smaller version of her and as I recall Delle Donne was ROY in the WNBA, as weak as she was. Razz

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/23/18 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:

You're arguing with assumptions. You're assuming she's not working and not getting better and stronger. I don't know where you're getting this concept from but Geno Auriemma might be a good source. She's got another year of strength building coming before WNBA. However, you are on target to example KLS with Delle Donne. She is a smaller version of her and as I recall Delle Donne was ROY in the WNBA, as weak as she was. Razz

Tough to see on TV, in person you can see she's a lot stronger than she was.

The comparisons to EDD and JJ are more foolishness. Lou is a guard/small forward at best. Like you said RD, a smaller version of EDD maybe. But EDD came in as a four, and has stretched her game some.

An accurate comparison would be Bonner.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/18 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:

Seems like you’re assuming more. I just go by what I see. If she gets stronger her senior year, then she’s on the right track. I’m not going to assume she gets stronger. That’s what you’re doing. You’re also assuming she’ll be a first year All Star. I know the All Star game is a popularity contest, so not the best thing to brag about, but what are you basing this on other than favorite player enthusiasm?

When you have all these elevated expectations, that’s when you really set yourself for disappointment. Ask the Plum fans.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
The comparisons to EDD and JJ are more foolishness. Lou is a guard/small forward at best.

The foolishness is not seeing that I was not talking about position but any player who is tall and lanky.

dtsnms wrote:
Like you said RD, a smaller version of EDD maybe. But EDD came in as a four, and has stretched her game some.

Actually the opposite is true.

dtsnms wrote:
An accurate comparison would be Bonner.

Bonner is an anomaly. She’s a toothpick. But pound-for-pound the strongest toothpick in the WNBA. Nobody fits in her category.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/23/18 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:

Seems like you’re assuming more. I just go by what I see. If she gets stronger her senior year, then she’s on the right track. I’m not going to assume she gets stronger. That’s what you’re doing. You’re also assuming she’ll be a first year All Star. I know the All Star game is a popularity contest, so not the best thing to brag about, but what are you basing this on other than favorite player enthusiasm?

When you have all these elevated expectations, that’s when you really set yourself for disappointment. Ask the Plum fans.

I wasn't assuming I was predicting. Shades, what does the eye not behold?

dtbtbtb

PostPosted: 02/23/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:
dtbtbtb wrote:

Well I said she might be a lottery pick, so I don’t think we’re that far off, unless you want to make the call that she's the #1 pick. Then there’s going to be some disagreement. You didn’t say anything about her being the ROY. You might as well throw that in there too if you’re projecting all the other stuff without even knowing which team she’s going to. If she’s going to be a first year All Star, she’ll have to go to a team with a weak SF situation where it’s possible she might start like SEA (MIN owns their spot and if she goes to MIN she’s not doing much), NYL.... I dunno where else could she start? Seems like this could be favorite player fan girling go on here.

Actually KLS will be perfect for Min in 2019 to replace Augustus in the starting 5. With Maya and KLS at the 2/3 positions no one will be able to clog the lane

Shades

PostPosted: 02/23/18 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtbtbtb wrote:

Actually KLS will be perfect for Min in 2019 to replace Augustus in the starting 5. With Maya and KLS at the 2/3 positions no one will be able to clog the lane

I agree more with your first post where you described KLS as “strictly a 3”. Would she be able to defend WNBA SG’s? Probably not ideal. As far as Minnesota goes, I wouldn’t complain about drafting KLS if she were absolutely the best player available. I just think with Maya there and the Lynx now taking a big interest in Zandalasini, they have other positions to address and I would hope they would address them, especially if they have a pick high enough to get KLS in the first place. Can’t waste it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: