McCoughtry/Elonu
Breland/Dantas/#16
E. Williams/Stafford-McGhee

#16 Mavunga, Hines-Allen

or if McCoughtry and Elonu play some PF than

#16 S. Thomas, Scaife, Atkins, L. Harper, Nared, Muldrow

zune69

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With there being so many big starting centers in the league.I would start Stafford-McGhee and bring Breland or Williams off the bench.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/15/18 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
With there being so many big starting centers in the league.I would start Stafford-McGhee and bring Breland or Williams off the bench.

Stafford-McGee is tall, but she's not very good.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

She's 6'7,mobile,and a legit defensive presence.Imani had a very good playoff series versus the Sparks in 2016(8p/8r/2b/20mpg).Despite having a poor 2nd season,which I attribute to a lack of hunger,and coach Stocks experimental rotations.Stafford-McGee still has great upside.Judging by her IG post,she seems rededicated to becoming a better basketball player.I'm not saying Imani is better than Williams.But starting her at center would free Williams up to be more of a offensive weapon.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/15/18 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

She's 6'7,mobile,and a legit defensive presence.Imani had a very good playoff series versus the Sparks in 2016(8p/8r/2b/20mpg).Despite having a poor 2nd season,which I attribute to a lack of hunger,and coach Stocks experimental rotations.Stafford-McGee still has great upside.Judging by her IG post,she seems rededicated to becoming a better basketball player.I'm not saying Imani is better than Williams.But starting her at center would free Williams up to be more of a offensive weapon.

I agree she has Tremendous Upside Potential. I'm just saying that even after she escaped Stocks and got to Atlanta she was terrible. Whatever you think of Michael Cooper, he did coach Lisa Leslie and Candace Parker to MVP awards. He's not completely clueless when it comes to post players.

PostPosted: 02/15/18 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At some point Imani has to start living up to her potential and get somewhere near that upside. If she can pick up where she left off at the end of her rookie season and improve, the team could do quite well.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/15/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

She has to prove herself first. Right now she has done nothing to earn a starting spot

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/15/18 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember how Seattle had that Planned Parenthood rally before the Chicago game? I didn't go because I wanted to watch the pre-game. But Imani did. Was onstage talking about it. That made me feel that her focus was not as much on game prep as it was her causes. I just get the impression that she sees herself as having achieved her goal of pro basketball player and now wants to be a role model. She doesn't see that she has some real deficiencies in her game that she needs to work on. She's been able to stay around because of her height but unless she improves her play she will not stay around.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/15/18 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Remember how Seattle had that Planned Parenthood rally before the Chicago game? I didn't go because I wanted to watch the pre-game. But Imani did. Was onstage talking about it. That made me feel that her focus was not as much on game prep as it was her causes. I just get the impression that she sees herself as having achieved her goal of pro basketball player and now wants to be a role model. She doesn't see that she has some real deficiencies in her game that she needs to work on. She's been able to stay around because of her height but unless she improves her play she will not stay around.

Could have been at least part of the problem with Shoni as well.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/15/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Could have been at least part of the problem with Shoni as well.

Possible. But Shoni seemed more like she didn't want to put in the effort or handle the pressure of being a role model. Rez ball seemed a lot more unscripted than what the pro game was and it might not have been fun for her.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/15/18 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Stafford-McGhee playing over seas? And if so how is she doing?

I realize over seas isn't an indicator of W success, just curious if she is playing heavy minutes on a decent team getting boards and blocks?

Nerd2

PostPosted: 02/15/18 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Is Stafford-McGhee playing over seas? And if so how is she doing?

I realize over seas isn't an indicator of W success, just curious if she is playing heavy minutes on a decent team getting boards and blocks?

Doesn't seem to be.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/16/18 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McGee-Stafford played the first twelve games or so in China with Beijing before Fowles showed up to take the spot. Since then she's put out a book of poetry and she's currently doing some NBA Cares stuff at the All-Star Weekend, but I don't think she played basketball anywhere.

PostPosted: 02/20/18 1:04 am    ::: Meet the Rookie WNBA Coach Who Is Married to the Game Reply Reply with quote

http://www.ozy.com/the-huddle/meet-the-rookie-wnba-coach-who-is-married-to-the-game/82491

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/20/18 6:45 am    ::: Re: Meet the Rookie WNBA Coach Who Is Married to the Game Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
http://www.ozy.com/the-huddle/meet-the-rookie-wnba-coach-who-is-married-to-the-game/82491

Nice article. I'm excited to see what the Dream can do this season.
(But, Bob Lamm trigger warning: the article includes a SHIT quote)

PostPosted: 02/21/18 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maggie Lucas beastin’?

https://twitter.com/coachdayne/status/966359519524634624

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 02/21/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's encouraging to see. Smile

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/21/18 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
McGee-Stafford played the first twelve games or so in China with Beijing before Fowles showed up to take the spot. Since then she's put out a book of poetry and she's currently doing some NBA Cares stuff at the All-Star Weekend, but I don't think she played basketball anywhere.

I haven't seen any indications that she is super motivated to improve her game. Could be wrong, but that's JMO.

- Amanda Gorman
stever

PostPosted: 03/10/18 7:20 pm    ::: Atlanta Dream Sign Blake Dietrick Reply Reply with quote

https://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/atlanta-dream-sign-blake-dietrick-to-training-camp-contract/n-5302428

Quote:
"I am excited to see what Blake can bring to our training camp," head coach Nicki Collen said. "She is a versatile guard who can play all three guard positions as well as defend all three positions, which is a luxury to have in the WNBA."

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/10/18 7:58 pm    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream Sign Blake Dietrick Reply Reply with quote

"All three guard positions"? Confused

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/10/18 8:36 pm    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream Sign Blake Dietrick Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Point guard, shooting guard, and small forguard.

PostPosted: 03/10/18 11:11 pm    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream Sign Blake Dietrick Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

It's the 21st century, Luuuc. Now it goes guard, forguard, cenguard.

(now with spelling variations)
Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/11/18 7:06 am    ::: Re: Atlanta Dream Sign Blake Dietrick Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Laughing maybe she is expecting some small line-ups from other teams Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 03/11/18 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And people thought the Wings GM was guilty of hyperbole.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/11/18 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Maggie Lucas beastin’?

https://twitter.com/coachdayne/status/966359519524634624

That looks like some of the stuff Stephon Curry does. But the real key is to get that ball handling to where you can maneuver right and left with great quickness at the three point line and shake your defender for a shot. But you probably also need Curry's quick release to get as many shots off cleanly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: