RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NY Liberty to play in Westchester
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We do have the option of going into Wikipedia and editing that capacity figure. There is no direct citation anywhere in the article -- just 7 unattached "Footnotes" at the bottom. Make the change, use one of Glen's links as a citation, and then see if it sticks. I'd do it myself except that coincidentally I just had a couple of entries reversed this week for an unrelated topic. I don't want the editors to think I'm some kind of rogue contributor. Smile

PostPosted: 02/19/18 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
According to Google, 9 minutes in normal traffic to travel the 5 miles by car. Liberty players should have more energy for home games. We're going to dominate this year! Very Happy

What about the reverse situation - how difficult will it be for opposing teams to get to White Plains? I know that opposing teams have complained at times that the trek to play the Sun is a disadvantage - so would that also be the case for the Liberty foes? (I do recall somewhere in all this it was suggested it wouldn't take much longer to get to Sun home games).

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/19/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
root_thing wrote:
According to Google, 9 minutes in normal traffic to travel the 5 miles by car. Liberty players should have more energy for home games. We're going to dominate this year! Very Happy

What about the reverse situation - how difficult will it be for opposing teams to get to White Plains? I know that opposing teams have complained at times that the trek to play the Sun is a disadvantage - so would that also be the case for the Liberty foes? (I do recall somewhere in all this it was suggested it wouldn't take much longer to get to Sun home games).

I don't know where teams stay when they visit New York. I'm guessing there are hotels in Westchester they can use. There's a small airport in White Plains just 10 miles from the arena. Teams that can use that airport will have it easier. It serves Atlanta through Delta, so your Dream are set. Wink

PostPosted: 02/19/18 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the good news. Smile

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 02/19/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So is this the week we will be told details of the Westchester Liberty?
As a STH I am losing patience

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scientists have concluded that there are more signs of life on Mars than in the Liberty front office.

PostPosted: 02/20/18 3:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
root_thing wrote:
The 5,000-seat figure seems to come from Wikipedia. I can't find anything on the WCC's own website. The rental page just gives a phone number. Their seating chart page is "under construction." I did find a seating chart for the Westchester Knicks at Ticketmaster. I'm too lazy to count each dot, but my rough estimate would be more like 3,000. Anyone with more energy is free to try it themselves. Click on the plus sign to see individual seats.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/westchester-knicks-vs-long-island-nets-white-plains-new-york-03-08-2018/event/0000533DA7415E2C?artistid=2047884&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&tm_link=venue_msg-0_0000533DA7415E2C

Edit: Comparing the seating chart to pictures of the arena, it looks like there's a lot of unused space in the chart. Maybe they can add more seats when necessary.

Thanks for all this. Drawing on the link you provided, I got curious and just counted four sections. A section on the side at the highest level had 72 seats. Another had 86 seats. A section on the highest level behind one of the baskets had 105 seats. A section on the side that's closer to the court had 108 seats. I can't believe that sections of courtside seats will have as many as those sections do.

That's all the counting I'm willing to do. My guess: your estimate of 3,000 seats is right on the mark. No way that this map shows 5,000 seats. And no way to know how many can perhaps be added in unused spaces.

I'm curious about this too, because the first time I saw a photo of the interior I thought "no way in hell that seats 5000 people", plus it's suspicious that the capacity is listed as 5000 for both basketball and concerts.
This article from July 2014 includes this photo:

... which is captioned "The Westchester Knicks' first season at the 2,100-seat Westchester County Center in White Plains starts in November."

Looking at a seating chart for a Westchester Knicks game this week, I count approx. 2,164 seats available for general public purchase, and that's most of the arena accounted for - i.e. not too much space left over to get creative with makeshift seating, or to account for corporate boxes and such. I would have guessed that 2,800 would be the absolute max in basketball mode.
I don't get how their attendance record of 3,341 was physically possible, but you can definitely forget about 5,000. That could only be for concert mode, with the court covered in seats.

PostPosted: 02/20/18 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
root_thing wrote:
The 5,000-seat figure seems to come from Wikipedia. I can't find anything on the WCC's own website. The rental page just gives a phone number. Their seating chart page is "under construction." I did find a seating chart for the Westchester Knicks at Ticketmaster. I'm too lazy to count each dot, but my rough estimate would be more like 3,000. Anyone with more energy is free to try it themselves. Click on the plus sign to see individual seats.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/westchester-knicks-vs-long-island-nets-white-plains-new-york-03-08-2018/event/0000533DA7415E2C?artistid=2047884&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&tm_link=venue_msg-0_0000533DA7415E2C

Edit: Comparing the seating chart to pictures of the arena, it looks like there's a lot of unused space in the chart. Maybe they can add more seats when necessary.

Thanks for all this. Drawing on the link you provided, I got curious and just counted four sections. A section on the side at the highest level had 72 seats. Another had 86 seats. A section on the highest level behind one of the baskets had 105 seats. A section on the side that's closer to the court had 108 seats. I can't believe that sections of courtside seats will have as many as those sections do.

That's all the counting I'm willing to do. My guess: your estimate of 3,000 seats is right on the mark. No way that this map shows 5,000 seats. And no way to know how many can perhaps be added in unused spaces.

I'm curious about this too, because the first time I saw a photo of the interior I thought "no way in hell that seats 5000 people", plus it's suspicious that the capacity is listed as 5000 for both basketball and concerts.
This article from July 2014 includes this photo:

... which is captioned "The Westchester Knicks' first season at the 2,100-seat Westchester County Center in White Plains starts in November."

Looking at a seating chart for a Westchester Knicks game this week, I count approx. 2,164 seats available for general public purchase, and that's most of the arena accounted for - i.e. not too much space left over to get creative with makeshift seating, or to account for corporate boxes and such. I would have guessed that 2,800 would be the absolute max in basketball mode.
I don't get how their attendance record of 3,341 was physically possible, but you can definitely forget about 5,000. That could only be for concert mode, with the court covered in seats.

That angle makes it look exactly like NJ's walsh gym...which holds closer to 2000 tho their capacity has been overstated as well...only thing I do see is seats on the stage but who really wants to sit on bleachers propped up on a stage?

PostPosted: 02/20/18 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I tried to get tix to a Westchester Knicks game comparable to where I’d want to sit. There are barely any left yet the high for attendance is 2,500 or so. They can probably get some risers on that other baseline but that 3,300 figure I think is the absolute max. For that I’d rather they play at Fordham. Geez.

Anyway, I wonder if they’ll get 3,000 people. I may have to buy season tickets to guarantee a seat where I want it.

PostPosted: 02/20/18 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t know how to embed a pic but the pic in this article has much more seating:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lohud.com/amp/899241001

PostPosted: 02/20/18 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe those seats behind the basket are typically curtained off for Westchester Knicks games. Looks like it holds about 1,000.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing

PostPosted: 02/20/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it's really 2,100 seats, that covers about 1/4 of normal attendance. At least they're making it easy for fans to stay home and not feel guilty. Razz

Instead of that ridiculous draft, this is where the league can make good use of Samsung 837. Set it up so we can watch Liberty games in virtual reality! Very Happy

PostPosted: 02/20/18 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I really care about is my travel time to see the Liberty play ...
NOT the travel time of WNBA teams and of the Liberty players from
their housing.

Oh is that selfish ! So be it ! Mad

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 02/25/18 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

been waiting a few days to see if anyone else got this...but there was an STH survey sent out that seemed to indicate select a seat will be next sunday the 4th anyone else confirm?

also seemed to lampshade the capacity issue...which is good...said all along KEIA CLARKE GETS IT...it's all the other garbage above her that's causing the trouble...and that's a lot of garbage.

I'm with Lib Fan...just wanna know travel time and options...ESPECIALLY with weekdays...I know I cant make 7 on a midweek but it seems logical (I swing shift on Fridays, start early, end early) that I can make 730 on a Friday...that makes a HUGE difference...cant make Fridays it's basically every weekend I'm either at the SUN or at the LIBS...pick one...there's 1 back to back and 1 overlap...12 games...but If we can change our package and keep our benefits...I'm not walking up on those Fridays either...walking up seems...ill advised.

I'm reserving judgement until after the 4th...anyone else going (Who are STH still on this board)

PostPosted: 02/25/18 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I don’t know how to embed a pic but the pic in this article has much more seating:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lohud.com/amp/899241001

toad455

PostPosted: 02/27/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've noticed most teams have announced single game tickets have gone on sale. Nothing from the Liberty about single game tickets or even season ticket prices. I realize this was a huge wrench moving to Westchester and things are expected to be delayed, but it would be nice to have some kind of answers at this point.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 02/27/18 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:

I'm reserving judgement until after the 4th...anyone else going (Who are STH still on this board)

I will be there Sunday...just hope there is some organization to the event

libertycrazy97

PostPosted: 02/28/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am going Sunday. I know they staggered the times. i have a friend slated at 1, i am slated at 2 and other friends at 4. I suggested to Gabby to tell the higher ups to release the prices. it will help people figure out what they want to do. she did says she was in discussion to try and get the prices released.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/28/18 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Our timeslot is at 3; we're trying to move to an earlier one, though. (LIU's Senior Day is at 2 and we're not above doing a cannonball run to get from White Plains to Brooklyn in time.)

(now with spelling variations)
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/01/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like we'll be missing Senior Day to pick an overpriced seat. Our rep sent out the seating chart, and the cheapest seat- cheapest- is $29/game.

I'm trying to love this team. I really am. But come the fuck on are you fucking serious.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/01/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

$29!!! Ugh! Dolan screwing fans as usual!!

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/01/18 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not telling people they shouldn't be unhappy, but realistically speaking the worst seat at WCC is probably as close to the court as a good seat in MSG. Secondly, given the built-in reduction in attendance, there is only so much the team can cut prices. For example, if they get 50% of their MSG crowd (optimistic) and cut prices to 75%, then the team is pulling in 37.5% of last year's box office revenue. Even with cheaper arena rental, the rest of your costs are the same. So, while I understand why fans feel they should get a much bigger discount for the lesser experience and longer travel, the business' cost structure may not allow for that. Not suggesting that I have any kind of inside information. Just pointing out that fairness and reality may be at odds no matter where they move.

PostPosted: 03/01/18 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was expecting the cheap seats to still be $20 a la the general admission seats at MSG.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 03/01/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Looks like we'll be missing Senior Day to pick an overpriced seat. Our rep sent out the seating chart, and the cheapest seat- cheapest- is $29/game.

I'm trying to love this team. I really am. But come the fuck on are you fucking serious.

How about posting it for the rest of us ... my rep sent me nothing !

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/01/18 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let's see if this link works: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8ZxiSyDDGikQ2xLeV9yRmdWbW10RmFJVmhFcDJMTHUzX1M4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: