RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Hideous Lord Jimmy Worship Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/18/18 10:37 pm    ::: The Hideous Lord Jimmy Worship Thread Reply Reply with quote

Post your positive comments, orgasmically pleasurable thoughts and worshipful prayers for the Liberty owner in this thread.

I hope the site has lots of bandwidth available.
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/18/18 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Manhattan jury awards Anucha Browne Sanders $11.6 million in punitive damages against Madison Square Garden and James Dolan due to Isiah Thomas's sexual harassment of Browne Sanders and the Garden firing her for complaining about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/02/sports/basketball/03garden-cnd.html

After saying they would appeal the jury verdict, Madison Square Garden settles with Browne Sanders, agreeing to pay her $11.5 million:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/11/sports/basketball/11garden.html

Anucha Browne Sanders blasts the Garden's hiring of Isiah Thomas as president of the New York Liberty:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/anucha-browne-reacts-isiah-thomas-re-hired-msg-article-1.2213190

Anucha Browne's new job at UNICEF USA:

https://www.unicefusa.org/press/releases/anucha-browne-join-unicef-usa-senior-management-team-new-chief-strategy-and

There's much more to say about Hideous Lord Jimmy and sexual harasser Isiah Thomas, but this is a beginning.

P.S. Since I coined the name "Hideous Lord Jimmy" to refer to Dolan, do I get royalties when it's used? Smile

PostPosted: 02/19/18 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is GlennMacGrady your real name or is Sergey by any chance? Razz

tfan

PostPosted: 02/19/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Dolan deserves credit for being the last original owner involved with the WNBA."
- Michele Voepel

toad455

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
"Dolan deserves credit for being the last original owner involved with the WNBA."
- Michele Voepel

he deserves no credit for forcing the team into the suburbs of White Plains, NY.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Queenie

PostPosted: 02/19/18 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bless his heart, he's no better than he ought to be.

(now with spelling variations)
tfan

PostPosted: 02/19/18 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
tfan wrote:
- Michele Voepel

he deserves no credit for forcing the team into the suburbs of White Plains, NY.

Shouldn't he get credit for not folding the team?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/19/18 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
tfan wrote:
- Michele Voepel

No.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
tfan wrote:
- Michele Voepel

Perhaps in the same way that we all should get credit for not killing people.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
tfan wrote:
- Michele Voepel

Well said.

It's heartwarming, though, to see that Hideous Lord Jimmy has a champion out there trying to defend him. Smile

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
tfan wrote:
- Michele Voepel

Owning a money-losing WNBA team is not anywhere near being equivalent to "not killing someone". In fact, owning a money-losing WNBA team has been cited here as a way to help society or a virtuous act.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Come on, tfan. Tell us all why Hideous Lord Jimmy is really so great. In your own words, not with quotes from others. Both Liberty fans and Knicks' fans are eager to hear your tribute to HLJ.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Come on, tfan. Tell us all why Hideous Lord Jimmy is really so great. In your own words, not with quotes from others. Both Liberty fans and Knicks' fans are eager to hear your tribute to HLJ.
'

At this point, it really does seem that the best thing for Liberty fans and WNBA fans would have been for Dolan to fold the team.

Last edited by tfan on 02/19/18 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
'

I think we'd all rather hear you moan about him for the umpteenth time. It just never gets old.

You just won't do it, will you? You slide and slide around defending Hideous Lord Jimmy. But you never directly say: I like Dolan. I respect Dolan. I feel Dolan has done X and Y and Z that are wonderful for New Yorkers. You want US to write nice things about Dolan, but you never do yourself using the first person and taking a strong position that is clearly YOURS.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
tfan wrote:
- Michele Voepel

Owning a money-losing WNBA team is not anywhere near being equivalent to "not killing someone". In fact, owning a money-losing WNBA team has been cited here as a way to help society or a virtuous act.

Folding a team rather than selling it would have been a dickhead move. Not being a dickhead is not something especially praise-worthy.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
tfan wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
'

I think we'd all rather hear you moan about him for the umpteenth time. It just never gets old.

You just won't do it, will you? You slide and slide around defending Hideous Lord Jimmy. But you never directly say: I like Dolan. I respect Dolan. I feel Dolan has done X and Y and Z that are wonderful for New Yorkers. You want US to write nice things about Dolan, but you never do yourself using the first person and taking a strong position that is clearly YOURS.

I only talk about the fact that Dolan has owned a money-losing WNBA team for decades, and held onto even after he tried to sell it. That fact bothers you, so you try and modify it.

Last edited by tfan on 02/19/18 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
tfan wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
'

I only talk about the fact that Dolan has owned a money-losing WNBA team for decades, and held onto even after he tried to sell it. That fact bothers you, so you try and pretend that it is some kind of tip of the iceberg.

Still waiting for your direct praise for Dolan. Tell us how wonderful Hideous Lord Jimmy is. Be his champion. I don't see other Liberty fans or Knicks' fans jumping in to do so. Jimmy needs you.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
tfan wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
tfan wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
'

I only talk about the fact that Dolan has owned a money-losing WNBA team for decades, and held onto even after he tried to sell it. That fact bothers you, so you try and pretend that it is some kind of tip of the iceberg.

Still waiting for your direct praise for Dolan. Tell us how wonderful Hideous Lord Jimmy is. Be his champion. I don't see other Liberty fans or Knicks' fans jumping in to do so. Jimmy needs you.

Still waiting for you to acknowledge the fact that Dolan has held onto a money-losing WNBA team for decades. Asking me to praise Dolan isn't going to make that fact go away.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:
justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
tfan wrote:
- Michele Voepel

Folding a team rather than selling it would have been a dickhead move. Not being a dickhead is not something especially praise-worthy.

It's would only be "dickhead" if the unsubstantiated rumor from a Seattle fan that "he had offers" (the league/owners would also had to have accepted those buyers as financially worthy) is true. While not proving it false, it is hard to come up with a reason why Dolan would retain a money-losing team if he had offers - and the league and owners found them to be from an acceptable buyer. It's not likely that a better offer will come along when the "WNBA team market" heats up.

But as Richyy pointed out - if there were WNBA-acceptable buyers and Dolan announced he was folding the team - the WNBA would be there to step in and do as they did in LA - sell a team the owner dumped to a new owner.

I would think that the WNBA will be encouraging Dolan to sell to any legitimate owner who wants the team to play in either Newark, MSG, The Nets arena, or the Islanders arena. If such a buyer exists.

Last edited by tfan on 02/19/18 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dolan apparently had multiple potential ownership groups willing to buy the team. For whatever reason he didn't sell the team. I hope & pray someone with deep pockets buys the team for 2019 and moves them to Barclays.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/19/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
tfan wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
tfan wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
'

Still waiting for you to acknowledge the fact that Dolan has held onto a money-losing WNBA team for decades. Asking me to praise Dolan isn't going to make that fact go away.

You are hilarious! I hereby acknowledge that, yes, Hideous Lord Jimmy has held onto a money-losing WNBA team for 20 years. Now, tfan, let's hear from you directly about how wonderful Jimmy is, why you have deep respect for him, why you'd love to spend a week hanging out with him, how Hideous Lord Jimmy should be considered for the Nobel Peace Prize.

PostPosted: 02/20/18 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Dolan apparently had multiple potential ownership groups willing to buy the team. For whatever reason he didn't sell the team. I hope & pray someone with deep pockets buys the team for 2019 and moves them to Barclays.

Were they vetted by the WNBA/owners?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/20/18 2:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This thread was always destined to - probably even intended to? - turn to shit.
NY fans (and others) are understandably frustrated at the moment, so now is probably not the time to expect a calm and balanced debate on the merits of HLJ.
Feel free to try, or to vent, but either way try to keep it respectful to each other.

Personally I don't think it's hypocritical to appreciate some of the things he has done while bashing some other stuff, but YMMV.

(and btw I think we have enough Liberty threads on the go for the time being. How about we wait until there's actually something new to talk about before considering another one. It's easier to keep track of conversations if they're happening in fewer places)

PostPosted: 02/20/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This thread title was "intended" to be both lighthearted sarcasm and a sort of tribute to a very clever nickname invented for Dolan. After all, it would have been too highfalutin to call him Odious Lord James . . . wouldn't it?

Is someone supposed to decide when we have "enough" threads on some topic? Are the now three Liberty threads on the first page depriving posters from discussing some other team or topic? It seems to me that this entire site is sliding towards conversational life support except, perhaps, for the WNBA forum.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/20/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Is someone supposed to decide when we have "enough" threads on some topic?

I would hope that before posting something, a person would first ask themself "is there already a thread that this would fit into, or does this warrant a new thread?"
(There's only a certain number of threads visible per page, so if we start a new thread for every new thought we have then conversations become fragmented)

Did I delete or lock this thread? It's a thread about Dolan, which I think is a worthy as a separate conversation to the Liberty general thread. I personally think that we're now kinda near the limit of threads needed to discuss the Liberty situation as it currently stands, thus my suggestion.

HLJ evokes strong opinions, and the way you worded your thread seemed intended to attract those. Which is totally fine btw. I want people here to be able to get things off their chests without turning on each other. That hadn't happened, and I wanted it to stay that way, but it looked to me like the potential was there, thus my post.

I'm not trying to stifle conversation or opinions. Quite the opposite in fact. Play hard, but play fair, is really all I want to say, because if things get too nasty then that's when threads have to get locked, and that's what I want to avoid.
(Maybe I mis-read the tone, in which case, my bad)

(P.S. General side note that's not specific to this thread - I appreciate both your and tfan's willingness to provide contrary opinions here. It's a healthy thing IMO)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: