RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lynetta Kizer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/19/18 2:13 pm    ::: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

So the other day, I heard about an ugly rumor regarding Lynetta Kizer’s time with the Connecticut Sun last year. I personally don’t believe the rumor at all and it is one of those things that could be damaging to a reputation.

The rumor stated that Kizer’s constant back pain that caused her to miss many games with the Sun last year was bogus, made up by her because she was unhappy being traded to Connecticut, unhappy she went from being mostly a starter with Indiana to mostly a bench player with the Sun. The rumor also stated that she lied about the backpain so she could just pretty much sit most of the season out to rest and instead of actually officially taking the season off to rest, she wanted to stay on contract so she’d get paid, and knowing that she was only under contract for the one season with CT and would leave after the season was over. It also stats that once the WNBA season ended, she started playing overseas without any apparent back issues whatsoever.

Like I said, I don’t believe the rumor to have any ounce of truth to it but I just wanted to share it with you all in case anyone here may have any insight to it.

I wasn’t even going to mention it because it’s not something I would want to get around about anyone in the league, but considering that there have been a lot of players in the past unhappy playing in Uncasville, I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this....

Wiseone1

PostPosted: 02/19/18 2:21 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
So the other day, I heard about an ugly rumor regarding Lynetta Kizer’s time with the Connecticut Sun last year. I personally don’t believe the rumor at all and it is one of those things that could be damaging to a reputation.

The rumor stated that Kizer’s constant back pain that caused her to miss many games with the Sun last year was bogus, made up by her because she was unhappy being traded to Connecticut, unhappy she went from being mostly a starter with Indiana to mostly a bench player with the Sun. The rumor also stated that she lied about the backpain so she could just pretty much sit most of the season out to rest and instead of actually officially taking the season off to rest, she wanted to stay on contract so she’d get paid, and knowing that she was only under contract for the one season with CT and would leave after the season was over. It also stats that once the WNBA season ended, she started playing overseas without any apparent back issues whatsoever.

Like I said, I don’t believe the rumor to have any ounce of truth to it but I just wanted to share it with you all in case anyone here may have any insight to it.

I wasn’t even going to mention it because it’s not something I would want to get around about anyone in the league, but considering that there have been a lot of players in the past unhappy playing in Uncasville, I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about this....

Right. Just a rumor so why spread it. Check with the medical staff and it can be confirmed. Shame on you. You bitter she didn't resign with Conn..?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/19/18 2:28 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Right. Just a rumor so why spread it. Check with the medical staff and it can be confirmed. Shame on you. You bitter she didn't resign with Conn..?

Shame on me for what? I wanted to know if anyone else heard about it and if it was possibly true or not. And no I’m not bitter she didn’t re-sign with Connecticut. She was of no real value last year to them because she hardly ever played and she wasn’t even needed this coming season because they had Ogwumike returning. I heard that the Sun didn’t persue re-signing her.

justinabina

PostPosted: 02/19/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't entertain this rumour, since you don't believe it. (I certainly don't.) It'll only induce bad feelings, and there's no value in those bad feelings.

Don't indulge people spreading rumours.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Asking about a rumor you view is "ugly"--that you think could be damaging to someone's reputation--only spreads the rumor. That should never happen.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:05 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Shame on me for what? I wanted to know if anyone else heard about it and if it was possibly true or not. And no I’m not bitter she didn’t re-sign with Connecticut. She was of no real value last year to them because she hardly ever played and she wasn’t even needed this coming season because they had Ogwumike returning. I heard that the Sun didn’t persue re-signing her.

Wrong!!! They began persung son as the season ended. Didn't play due to her injury. Get your facts straight before you come on here posting incorrect info.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Asking about a rumor you view is "ugly" only spreads the rumor. That should never happen.

It happens all the time dude. Even on this website. This is a WNBA forum to discuss anything and all things about the WNBA. This is something that I heard and I want to know if anyone else heard the same thing. It’s the same thing as when everyone on here was saying Taurasi was faking multiple injuries all season long so her team would lose and tank to get Griner.

That was an ugly rumor as well and was never proven to be true or not. I’m simply asking if anyone else heard THIS rumor.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:17 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Wrong!!! They began persung son as the season ended. Didn't play due to her injury. Get your facts straight before you come on here posting incorrect info.

For one thing, they DID NOT persue her as the season ended. She was brought on to be a replacement for the injured Ogwumike, as insurance. So dude, get YOUR facts straight because you have zero clue. I talk to Amber Cox all the time and she even stated that Kizer was brought in just to fill in for Ogwumike for the season. She also told me months ago about Pedersen retiring after the season, which is why I knew she wasn’t returning after someone here said she was re-signed a week or so ago. I have my facts in order thank you.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:20 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

Anyways, I’m not interested in getting into a pissing match with someone who clearly does not live up to their own screen name.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Asking about a rumor you view is "ugly" only spreads the rumor. That should never happen.

It happens all the time dude. Even on this website. This is a WNBA forum to discuss anything and all things about the WNBA. This is something that I heard and I want to know if anyone else heard the same thing. It’s the same thing as when everyone on here was saying Taurasi was faking multiple injuries all season long so her team would lose and tank to get Griner.

That was an ugly rumor as well and was never proven to be true or not. I’m simply asking if anyone else heard THIS rumor.

You are correct. It happens all the time. Even on this website. And it's wrong. Especially wrong when it's a rumor you yourself have called "ugly" and possibly damaging to her reputation. Especially wrong when people who don't use real names post ugly rumors about people who do.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mods, I think thread should be locked or deleted. This is completely based on hearsay and rumors. But that's just my opinion.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
mods, I think thread should be locked or deleted. This is completely based on hearsay and rumors. But that's just my opinion.

Great suggestion. Completely agree. Deleting the thread seems right.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Great suggestion. Completely agree. Deleting the thread seems right.

Agreed.

If you have access to an insider like Amber Cox, I’d just ask her. Much better than continuing to spread unkind and slanderous gossip.

Wiseone1

PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:41 pm    ::: Re: Lynetta Kizer Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Wiseone1 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

For one thing, they DID NOT persue her as the season ended. She was brought on to be a replacement for the injured Ogwumike, as insurance. So dude, get YOUR facts straight because you have zero clue. I talk to Amber Cox all the time and she even stated that Kizer was brought in just to fill in for Ogwumike for the season. She also told me months ago about Pedersen retiring after the season, which is why I knew she wasn’t returning after someone here said she was re-signed a week or so ago. I have my facts in order thank you.

Lynetta is a relative and I know Amber as well from her days in Phoenix. Don't think she would appreciate you spreading false rumors using her name. Agree . Please lock this thread.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

While I agree that it is hearsay and rumors (and bad ones at that), do we really want moderation of theses types of posts? A good deal of what is posted here is repeating rumors or total speculation based on little to no fact. That is what fan forums do. IMO the best response is what we have here, other posters stepping up and calling a spade a spade.

What is acceptable rumor or speculation and what is not would seem to be a very murky question with no bright-line test.

On a side note, this is another example of how an improved software that had some sort of reputation system would be beneficial.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A rumor is just that, there is no positive truth about the rumor so why spread the whole thing on here.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 02/19/18 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do people really care about Kizer or is this just bad blood towards Aye mate? I’ve seen posters go out there way just to “out” players on this board, asking a question about a fake injury isn’t that bad.
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/19/18 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Do people really care about Kizer or is this just bad blood towards Aye mate? I’ve seen posters go out there way just to “out” players on this board, asking a question about a fake injury isn’t that bad.

Don’t sweat it. I was only asking people if they heard about it. Everyone here who has slammed me for posting this are complete hypocrites, as they’ve partaken in discussions based on rumors here many times in the past. Oh, and if mods delete or lock this thread, they better be prepared to delete and lock a whole lotta threads that also mention any rumor about the WNBA and its players from the beginning when this site was created. And yes, it’s only certain people that are coming for me because they may not like me. I could careless about that. I’m sure if someone else besides me made this thread, it would be fine with everyone. Just shows you what the atmosphere of this website is like.

miller40

PostPosted: 02/19/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She dealt with back issues at Indiana too and those can really drag on.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/19/18 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

Don’t sweat it. I was only asking people if they heard about it. Everyone here who has slammed me for posting this are complete hypocrites, as they’ve partaken in discussions based on rumors here many times in the past. Oh, and if mods delete or lock this thread, they better be prepared to delete and lock a whole lotta threads that also mention any rumor about the WNBA and its players from the beginning when this site was created. And yes, it’s only certain people that are coming for me because they may not like me. I could careless about that. I’m sure if someone else besides me made this thread, it would be fine with everyone. Just shows you what the atmosphere of this website is like.

Preach Mate !

PostPosted: 02/19/18 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that both Ay Mate and Lynetta Kizer are acting in good faith.

(now with spelling variations)
Pureformofthegame

PostPosted: 02/19/18 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Pursue"

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/19/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I'm willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume that both Ay Mate and Lynetta Kizer are acting in good faith.

My 2 cents, as a general rule I don't like locking threads or deleting posts. There's a line, but IMO this doesn't cross it. It crosses the line of taste, but that's just my opinion. People's mileage may vary on that one. I also think that most people here are pretty good when it comes to the "consider the source" check of how credible a so-called rumour might be, or how prone a particular poster might be to stirring up drama.

I got a good laugh out of the line "I’m not interested in getting into a pissing match with someone who clearly does not live up to their own screen name." coming from a person on their nth user account and 3rd supposed nationality, so the thread hasn't been a total loss for me.

PostPosted: 02/19/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
"Pursue"

Thank you. Was driving me nuts. Shocked

sigur3

PostPosted: 02/19/18 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

I got a good laugh out of the line "I’m not interested in getting into a pissing match with someone who clearly does not live up to their own screen name." coming from a person on their nth user account and 3rd supposed nationality, so the thread hasn't been a total loss for me.

Speaking of which, why is having multiple accounts here allowed? Why Whitemateluvsmartinis feels the need to keep getting reincarnated doesn't matter to me, I just find it interesting because this is generally frowned upon in most online communities.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: