RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Meanwhile, in... (misc games 2/11-2/17)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 02/16/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And I am quite pleasantly surprised that Georgetown beat DePaul 86-85. Now Marquette needs to win out to assure at least a tie for first place.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/16/18 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
And I am quite pleasantly surprised that Georgetown beat DePaul 86-85. Now Marquette needs to win out to assure at least a tie for first place.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

dear fucking Christ on a pogo stick I fucking hate everything about the Big East schedule

(why yes, Marquette and DePaul are the last two teams on the schedule for St. John's and Seton Hall, however did you guess?)

PostPosted: 02/17/18 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We heard you like rivalry games, so we followed your rivalry game with a rivalry game. Your intrepid blogger comes to you live and in slightly muted color from St. Francis in Brooklyn, where we are 51 minutes away from the Battle of Brooklyn (on ESPN3 if you're into this kind of thing). I'll be the loud one with the clipboard who isn't swearing.

PostPosted: 02/17/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately, we also heard you like shitty officiating. It's a lie, but boy howdy has the officiating in LIU-SFC been horseshit, bullshit, and chickenshit. Every way in which it is possible to fuck up a call, these fuckfaces have fucked up the call. Yes, LIU has missed opportunities, but the refs are the ones causing me to swear here. (So far have not sworn at the game, though if you heard a cry of "PRAISE THE SWEET BABY JESUS!" after SFC got called for their first foul of the second quarter after LIU was already in the penalty... it me.)

PostPosted: 02/17/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU went up to Newark and beat Delaware in their house, 56-53. It got a little close right at the end when the Blue Hens' (whoever thought up that name anyway?) Bailey Kargo stepped out and launched a 3-pointer, but Kamiah Smalls flew in and blocked the shot and tipped it to Lexie Barrier who held onto it and ran out the clock. The Dukes shot 43.1% and were a perfect 7 for 7 from the FT line.

PostPosted: 02/17/18 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
JMU went up to Newark and beat Delaware in their house, 56-53. It got a little close right at the end when the Blue Hens' (whoever thought up that name anyway?) Bailey Kargo stepped out and launched a 3-pointer, but Kamiah Smalls flew in and blocked the shot and tipped it to Lexie Barrier who held onto it and ran out the clock. The Dukes shot 43.1% and were a perfect 7 for 7 from the FT line.

State bird. There's a fun article on Delaware's website here and another here.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 02/17/18 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what a game in Morgantown! OU prevails 79-77 in OT.

WVU led 30-10 in the 2nd.

OU took its first lead since 5-3 on a Manning jumper to end the 3rd, 52-51.

OU never trailed in the 4th, and led 67-60 w/ :58 left.

It seemed like the game was over, but things happened and Pardee hit a 3 w/ :08 left to tie it at 70 and as play continued OU didn't get a shot off.

In OT the lead changed hands a couple times and was tied at 77 when WVU had the ball and called time by their bench w/ :34 left and :24 on the shot clock.

And they fucked up like SO many teams do when dribbling down the clock before starting the offense- they waited way too long, made some forced passes and took a shitty shot which missed and was rebounded by OU.

Sooners called time to advance w/ :07 left.

Pellington drove right side of the lane, missed the attempt but drew 3 Mountaineers to that low block and so when the shot hit hard and high off the glass, Pierre-Louis-Jordan was alone on the left block and put back the miss as the horn sounded while the ball dropped through the rim.

Game.

Last edited by cthskzfn on 02/17/18 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 02/17/18 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mercer Bears escaped with a 57-54 win over UNC Greensboro to clinch at least a tie for the regular season SoCon title. It was the Bears' 22nd consecutive win.

PostPosted: 02/17/18 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ODU beat UTEP in OT, 56-52. ODU’s recent surge puts them in the mix for the C-USA tournament, for which only the top 12 teams qualify.

PostPosted: 02/18/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hahn is out with injury for Villanova so that will hurt them at DePaul. That game tips at 3p eastern on FS1.

Georgetown at Marquette tips at the same time and is on some fox sports regional channels. And yeah for a semi normal starting lineup in this big game for Marquette - senior Shantelle Valentine gets the start on senior day.

elsie

PostPosted: 02/18/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I come to read here once in awhile....your profanity and obscenities truly are telling about a person....I suppose the regulars have gotten use to it, but I couldn't in good conscience ever recommend this site with your caustic language....

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/18/18 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
I come to read here once in awhile....your profanity and obscenities truly are telling about a person....I suppose the regulars have gotten use to it, but I couldn't in good conscience ever recommend this site with your caustic language....

If you're talking to me, say it to my face. I swear like a sailor here because I don't swear at games. There are usually children around and I have standards. That might shock you, but *checks pockets* sorry, I have run out of damns to give.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: