RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indictment of 13 Russians

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 02/16/18 3:54 pm    ::: Indictment of 13 Russians Reply Reply with quote

Today 13 Russians were indicted for interfering in the 2016 Presidential Election. Here is a link to it:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download

The White House has responded to this incredibly awful attack of our democracy by focusing on neither he nor his campaign being directly implicated (even though they were indirectly implicated). It is as if he had responded to the shooting yesterday in Parkland by saying, "I was nowhere near Florida."

I have been sickened so many times by this president that I can't honestly say this is the worst I have felt because of something he did or said. But when his biggest takeaway from the most significant foreign attack to our democracy in my lifetime is summarized by the two words that were capitalized in the WH statement, NO COLLUSION, I am totally embarrassed and disgusted.

Please take the time to read the indictment. It is 38 pages, but it's double spaced so its a quick read. I only wish Trump would.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/16/18 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump and the Republicans will use Russian interference as an excuse to refuse certification of Democratic victories in November.

PostPosted: 02/16/18 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Trump and the Republicans will use Russian interference as an excuse to refuse certification of Democratic victories in November.

I wish I could believe you are kidding.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/16/18 4:36 pm    ::: Re: Indictment of 13 Russians Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Today 13 Russians were indicted for interfering in the 2016 Presidential Election. Here is a link to it:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download

The White House has responded to this incredibly awful attack of our democracy by focusing on neither he nor his campaign being directly implicated (even though they were indirectly implicated). It is as if he had responded to the shooting yesterday in Parkland by saying, "I was nowhere near Florida."

I have been sickened so many times by this president that I can't honestly say this is the worst I have felt because of something he did or said. But when his biggest takeaway from the most significant foreign attack to our democracy in my lifetime is summarized by the two words that were capitalized in the WH statement, NO COLLUSION, I am totally embarrassed and disgusted.

Please take the time to read the indictment. It is 38 pages, but it's double spaced so its a quick read. I only wish Trump would.

Yeah well but, the mainstream media has had the Russian investigation, this Russian investigation, aimed at Trump and his White House for a solid year. It was all you heard about unless they found some fresh angle of attack to exploit. So for THIS White House, the news that matters in that context, is that they live for yet another day without a direct charge against Trump. But yeah, they are tone deaf and the entire operation seems to been run without one person on the team who isn’t a certified sociopath. Someone who could guide them toward the merely mechanically appropriate responses. But again, with all the incoming they’ve had on this topic for the same news media to attack because the White House isn’t showing the appropriate outrage? I’m sorry, that’s as scary as Trump himself. The rise of Donald Trump hasn’t revealed an engaged watchdog press, not saying there hasn’t been that, but it has also revealed that we have a press that, while it isn’t as scurrilous as the White House it is covering, it is a badly broken and dishonest thing in its own right.

Howee

PostPosted: 02/16/18 9:11 pm    ::: Re: Indictment of 13 Russians Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
But when his biggest takeaway from the most significant foreign attack to our democracy in my lifetime is summarized by the two words that were capitalized in the WH statement, NO COLLUSION, I am totally embarrassed and disgusted.

I dunno. I think if anyone has lived around *people* for some of their lives, they should have enough 'psychological savvy' to be able to get the very (absurd) transparency Donald projects when he says, "NO COLLUSION"....over and over....it's the clue that: A-he's TERRIFIED the real collusion will eventually be discovered, or B-he's so smugly self-deceptive that he really thinks no one will trace the bread crumbs back to him. Only the truly guilty screech the loudest, no? (I learned that as a teacher!)

Now, let's imagine the scenario where he/they really are NOT guilty of any collusion: wouldn't the potus then sense the appropriateness of loudly decrying the Russian antics? Would he then not applaud the investigation? "Normally", yes. But. We have a "New Normal". We have someone whose gargantuan ego is so fragile, his only concern is that the investigation will prove interference, and therefore his 'victory' will be tainted.

It's. All. About. HIM. And this is our better-case scenario. The 'guilty' scenario is much shittier, but either way....America Is Fucked Up with this dude.

PostPosted: 02/16/18 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/17/18 2:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

I'm not sure that's the right part of Trump's anatomy you have in Ryan's mouth. Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: